Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/9/2004 8:43:14 AM EST
I spent all last week at stone bay rifle range practicing tactical marksmanship skills. Now I can shoot a terrorist twice in the heart and once in the head from 50 yards, while walking. I was the only marine from my section to make it through the training. We had one sprained ankle from fast roping, one guy who kept vomiting, and the other guy failed re-quall. To pass you needed to get an 80. I got a minus 9 in phase one and a minus 11 in phase two. 50 shots, 2 points per kill zone, 1 point for torso, -2 per miss.
This is what I found weird, on a normal Marine Corp rifle range we only get 3 magazines with 5 rounds each. Here we where given up to 160 rounds at once, plus what ever we had left over from the previous drill. I probably went through about 2 or 3 cases of green tip, and about one case of frangible ammo. It sucked that we had to pick up all those brass cases by hand.

This course is normally done by special forces guys, the only difference is they get less time and have a smaller kill zone. We also fast roped out of helicopters about 6 or 7 times and did the stress course, an obstacle course where you have to run up stairs, climb over walls, and engage targets wearing a gas mask and body armor while former recon marines shout insults at you with a bull horn. It damn near killed just about every one. Then we got to shoot .45’s, AK47’s, and spec-opps modified m4a1’s. Next week were going to AP hill to shoot each other with sim-rounds.

does any one know where to get an EchoTec sight? that thing was sweet, I felt like I was playing golden eye.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:47:49 AM EST
Outstanding, Devil Dog! Can't help on the sight but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to get you squared away.

Semper Fi!
Top Top