Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 6:03:29 PM EDT
My lady friend and I went to Maine this weekend to pick up my LEGP at X-Ring's place. We met up with Oscar (AR15 screen name unknown at the moment) in Worcester, MA on the way, and carpooled it to Bangor. He was picking up two of them, the lucky dog! [:)]

After a seven hour ride, we were pleased to meet X-Ring at a Dunkin Donuts just off the highway, and he graciously showed us the way to our hotel, a quaint little place almost fittingly called the Ranger Inn, since we were about to play weekend rangers after we picked up our guns and got them sighted in. [uzi] (Why does a site called AR15.Com not have an AR15 animation?} [:)]

After checking inn, we set out to find a place to have a couple of brews and plan our Sunday shoot. On the way out of the lot, we noticed that the Ranger Inn had a nice little pub all of it's own, and with a fairly decent juke box too!

We shot the breeze, enjoying a few Killian Reds, and ended up calling it a night, after a good HoJo breakfast at about 1:30AM.

Sunday morning, at 8:00AM as planned, X-Ring showed up to guide us to his dad's place. He just happened to be in the company of one of the prettiest gals in all of Maine![sex]

He is one lucky mo fo! [:)]

We set out to Denny's for another breakfast which couldn't be beat, and then it was 45 minutes into the middle of God's country, where we found the home of X-Ring Sr. After some quick intros, we got right down to the business at hand, feeling up LEGPs!

I was immediately impressed with the quality of these guns! They are EXTREMELY well made, and the feeling I had was one of "If they shoot as good as they look and feel, I am going to be one happy camper!"

We filled out the forms, X-Ring Sr. called in the nics checks, and we were in business, but not til after he busted our stones about there being one small problem with nics.... [spank] [:)]

X-Ring set to work mounting our OKOs and in short order, we were ready to head farther out into God's country, to this terrific potato field, that a friend of the X-Rings' thoughtfully allowed us to use for our little shoot.

We took a few minutes to get our OKOs on target at about 50 yards and then we started having our way with a wide variety of targets.

I was impressed with the way the gun handled, and the quick target acquisition with the OKO sight. I really didn't try to shoot for any real accuracy, but I had no trouble keeping most of my shots in a 6 inch circle, offhand, rapid firing at 50 yards. Even my lady friend was able to keep a 6 or 8 inch group shooting the same way.

I figure about 100 rounds went through my gun, and it never failed to feed or eject. It performed flawlessly from the very first shot, until the last.

Now you might be wondering why only 100 rounds, right? Well the X-Rings bropught a whole pile of cool guns to shoot beside the ARs. We even got to try out X-Ring Sr's 454 Casull. [pistol] What a cannon! [:)]

And, I picked up my daughter's Armi Jager AP-74 .22 caliber AR look alike. That didn't shoot so well, but I'll get that straightened out this week, I hope.

(continued)
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I should have pics to post in a few days, once the GF gets them developed and scanned.

The main purpose of this post though, is to the thank X-Ring and his dad for making us feel so much at home, and making this past Sunday one of the most enjoyable shooting days I have ever had. There is nothing like get together with GREAT people and doing some Great shooting! Our last hurrah was when the X-Rings, Oscar and myself loaded up some full mags, and all four of us shot rapid fire, simulataniously, spraying brass all over the place, and perforating the crap out of a bunch of paper! That was cool! If I ever did anything like that here in Commie Connecticut, we'd have the entire state police barracks pulling up to my door! [heavy]

X-Ring, X-Ring Sr., Thank you for a great weekend! I hope to see you guys at that FA shoot in July, but if not, we definately have to do that again sometime!

Oscar, it was great traveling with you! I hope to do it again soon! Maybe we can hook up here in CT one weekend and play with the new toys!

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I WANT TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
critter_FR,
It is great to hear you had such a good time.  It was a blast on our end as well.  I know for sure Oscar had a great time from the email he sent this morning.  Fun was certainly had by all, and we will have to do it again sometime.  Oscar (that is his screen name by the way) even invited me to shoot with him this weekend down in Commie Conn, but I ain't no fool.  You won't catch me bringing any of my toys to that state!

Anyway, you and Oscar are welcome to come up anytime and shoot.  Really do hope you have time to come up to the FA shoot.  My father and I are planning to rent a couple of tables, as they have a gun show there as well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
So you guys are definately going to be going to the FA shoot? If that's the case, then I will find a way to get there! [:)]

Hiroe would be psyched to shoot FA! She really enjoyed the ARs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
I WANT TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!
View Quote

We may go back in July for a FA shoot. I'm sure no one would mind a weasel tagging along. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes Crit,
I will definetly be going this year.  I have missed it the past couple and I am anxious to go.  My father intends on going but hasn't made the commitment.  I will have my new toy done by then which should make for some fun shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top