Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 11:41:01 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these paintfjobs on their SHTF vehicles?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
No, I only spayed my cats.

If I had the money I'd like to buy an old Jeep and spray liner the whole thing... I never really thought about the weigh of the liner being an issue until someone mentioned it... can someone comment on just how much that stuff weighs after it's been sprayed on? I assume most guys don't weigh their trucks before and after so I don't expect an accurate answer...

I had a drop in liner on my pick-up only because I was in a hurry to get somethign in there before I had the truck shipped to Germany and no spray-in liner places could do it without scheduling it about 1-2 weeks out.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I know a few guys who have painted their whole farm truck in the stuff.

It's really tuff and they put it on pretty thick.

Jerad
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That occured to me last fall when I bought my truck and was looking into spray on bedliners.  I seem to remember reading about problems in doing so because of all the weight it adds to to the body.  Cant remember any specifics though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#5]
That is what the "Landau Roof" of the brassmobile is, I know a couple of guys that did their hunting trucks up in the grey or tan, looks/works great, and you can drive through branches and such without worry.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I just had my Ford F-150 done by Rhinoliner.  It's a good covering, but before you commit, look at a truck done by LineX.  The material is finer and harder.  It goes on tighter.  It was more expensive here in Indianapolis.  $300.00 for the Rhino versus $380.00 for the LineX.  I think they both do a good job.  It's the appearence that you will probably decide on.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are going to do it your self . Do it right . Pull the bed and make sure there is no rust anywhere . Navy jelly and brush any of it off . Snip it and fiberglass it if it bad enough for a hole . Than you have to scuff the shit our everything you are going to spray or it will just flake off . When I did my old truck (92 Ranger)I did it in sections Spray through fine sand down on it and spray more . NOTHING moved around in the bed of that truck .
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i bought an f150 last year from a buddy. the bed rails were in pretty bad shape from hauling all sorts of stuff over the years.

I bought some of that bedliner in a spray can from walmart and coated the top rails of the bed.<already had a plastic liner in the bed. I have given it a fair amount of abuse and it has not shown any signs of coming off or frankly even scuffed or scratched. I've actually been pretty happy with it.

It does take awhile to fully cure. At least a week in the sun before it gets tough enough for abuse.

mike

Get rid of that plastic shit .It will fuck up your truck . The plastic bed liners flex and shift and rub off the paint . They also trap moisture between the lastic and the bed . End result you rust your bed out .
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 1989 Blazer 4x4 and the paint could use some touch up.  Was thinking, for grins, to have it done in the spray on bed liner stuff.  I saw a Cherokee a month ago that had been painted witht he apray on stuff and it looked like it would take a lot of abuse.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i bought an f150 last year from a buddy. the bed rails were in pretty bad shape from hauling all sorts of stuff over the years.

I bought some of that bedliner in a spray can from walmart and coated the top rails of the bed.<already had a plastic liner in the bed. I have given it a fair amount of abuse and it has not shown any signs of coming off or frankly even scuffed or scratched. I've actually been pretty happy with it.

It does take awhile to fully cure. At least a week in the sun before it gets tough enough for abuse.

mike

Get rid of that plastic shit .It will fuck up your truck . The plastic bed liners flex and shift and rub off the paint . They also trap moisture between the lastic and the bed . End result you rust your bed out .

Not to mention evreything slides like hell on them. lOL

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thats not bad considering what a half way decent bed liner goes for.

Thx.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought the spray on liners were more expensive than that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I had the bed of my GMC Rhino'ed last year, I think it was around $400.00. I love it. Nothing slides around, super tough, and it covered up some of the small dings and made the bed look like new.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top