Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2016 12:21:33 AM EDT
Hope this is a good one. Big fan of the WH40k world and played the old Space Hulk PC game in the early 90s.

Saw some beta gameplay footage and it looked pretty good.

I'm hoping they do justice to the environment of the hulks. For example, hulks made up of various ships mangled together, 3 dimensional environments, ships from various factions and time periods, etc.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty excited too... but will be waiting for reviews
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I actually posted another thread with yt link about this.  I really want it to rock, but the few beta previews I've found indicate it's rather unpolished & has some real bugs.  The developer is promising to deliver the goods, but I'm remiss to preorder at this point based on that.  It releases this coming Fri, so the reviews will be in soon.

ETA, looks like they've listened to the beta feedback & delayed release to mid Dec.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I preordered it. Was a steam sale impulse buy....
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm contemplating it, but I don't want to get burned.  Guess I'll decide by tonight.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I was just about to preorder, but looks like they delayed it for a week to work out some of the bugs.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was just about to preorder, but looks like they delayed it for a week to work out some of the bugs.
View Quote

Yeah, delayed to 14th, & Steam updated the discount deadline to match.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Gonna fire it up as soon as I get home
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Steam reviews are mixed.  Apparently it still lacks optimization & has some bugs.  A few Steam reviewers are commenting on the gameplay being repetitive, but I'd have to sample it.

I think I'll wait for it to get patched before deciding.  Right now, I don't think my 780 GTX can carry it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Steam reviews are mixed.  Apparently it still lacks optimization & has some bugs.  A few Steam reviewers are commenting on the gameplay being repetitive, but I'd have to sample it.

I think I'll wait for it to get patched before deciding.  Right now, I don't think my 780 GTX can carry it.
View Quote

I'll wait as well. As far as repetition, I pretty much expect that given the nature of the game.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#11]
It's extremely buggy.

Load times in excess of 10 minutes.

Controls getting locked, cant do anything.  Have to quit game.

Game locks up randomly.

Very buggy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Played it last night.  The "spacebar" command function to tell your AI teammates instructions just plain suck.  It's terrible.  Very difficult to mouse over to what you want to execute.

I may wait to replay this after a few patches.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's extremely buggy.

Game locks up randomly.

Very buggy.
View Quote

10 minutes? 
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Shame is, if they can fix it, it might be a pretty damn good game.  The gameplay I've seen from streamers looks fun as hell, but I am a 40k nerd.

I'll be waiting for it to come out on xbox.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhSZQ7yxju4

Space Hulk: Deathwing - Launch Trailer
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, 10 minute + loads.  Basically game locks up and doesn't finish loading.  If it does finish, you've sat there for 10+ minutes.

The game is horribly buggy right now.  Bugs that have been around since beta, losing controls randomly, cant shoot, cant do anything.  Crashing, all kinds of shit.

They pushed launch back a couple days, wasn't enough time to fix the bs.

Hope they patch it soon to fix these issues!  I liked what I played, but damn.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's extremely buggy.

Game locks up randomly.

Very buggy.
View Quote

Yeah, I am not having any issues whatsoever with this game. Looks great and plays well.  Will be purging more Xenos as soon as I get home
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am not having any issues whatsoever with this game. Looks great and plays well.  Will be purging more Xenos as soon as I get home
View Quote

Glad you don't see or have any issues.

Check the reviews.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298900/
https://www.reddit.com/r/deathwing/comments/5iogrp/is_space_hulk_deathwing_worth_buying_in_its/

List of currently known issues on steam.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/0/152391995408106079/
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont have load times or anything I just keep getting disconnected after 1 or 2 missions and levels dont save its fucking annoying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top