Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 11:01:27 PM EDT
.223Ball(slightly dented)from southernammo.com It says it will chamber but will I want to?  Anyone have experience with this ammo in an AR?  I'm curious because at 83.00 per thousand it would make good blasting ammo.

Private Joker
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Well its considerably better than BARNAUL.

I have heard that some people have had trouble with autoloaders using the .308 they sell, but none at all about .223.

I had one misfire yesterday on a IMI made 1990 vintage round.  But all my 1970s vintage Winchester fired just fine and all but that one of the israeli
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 3:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Why spend $800+ on a nice weapon, and then put crap ammo through it? I wouldn't put slightly watered gas in my car, and I wouldn't eat "mostly" fit for human consumption food. But then again, I eat MREs so maybe I'm a liar on that one.

Sherm
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 4:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't tried their 223 but I bought some of the tarnished 308, which I would call very slightly tarnished. I have fired it in 2 different M1A's with no problems at all & very accurate. I've also read alot of other people's posts saying that they liked it as well as I do. I would buy more if I had the extra $$$

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."    
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the ammunition forum and either do a search or scroll back through the last 30 days for reviews and comments of this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have fired 1000 rounds of their tarnished 223 and only one round didn't fire.  I ejected it and never saw it again.  all others fired perfectly.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the bullet weight? Boxer or Berdan? How old? Country of origin?  People want to know.....for the children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top