Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:57:17 AM EDT
In general, would you guys say that southern women make better wives/mothers than northern women?

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again.....

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#2]
There's an awful lot of PWT in the south.

Get you an Eastern European or an Asian woman.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#3]
lol IBTBeating
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
So far I'm running 50/50 with Southern wives.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I work with a hottie who has a southern accent. Yummay!

But if you want good wife... get one from South Asia. She "ruv you wrong time"! And "you no likey, you no pay"!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Are Southern wives better?

Only if there husband doesnt catch you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
well the northern ones arent worth a fuck
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The traditional southern belle that your thinking of is deader than the t-rex.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely.
I dated extensively here in WI and then in the South. I've also dated women from most other regions of the country. If I were to ever look for another wife, I'd go back down to the South. I got a keeper for sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Better is so tremendously subjective as to make this topic rather asinine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well neither is the southern one I used to have.  Maybe west coast?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm sure you're not worth a second glance, never mind a fuck.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Southern women make such good wives that some southern men marry two (or more) of them over the course of their lifetime.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Yankee wife lasted 5 years. Southern wife has lasted 23+ years and still going strong.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BURN!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BURN!

pwn3d by Daisy
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Ahhhh.... the North vs. South debate.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#20]
As someone from the south, I'd say yes if you can put up with the "I'm a princess" complex, the expectation that you'll treat them as the center of your world like their daddy did, and a lot of selfishness.  Some guys just don't have the patience to handle that.z
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow! I'm not a southern wife, but, I'm a good wife(my husband may beg to differ though). I don't think because you are some "princess" from the south makes you a good mate.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

Dude, she owned u,  suck it up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#23]
The further South the better

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

yea, guess so, kinda proves my point though
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

wuarchive.wustl.edu/aminet/pix/map/Mexico.jpg

that will be my next choice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

when you've decided there aren't any good wives there either, then will you realize part of the problem is you?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

Touche!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#28]
You know what they say about Southern Belles....

Ding-a-ling, ding-a-ling.  

Just kidding.  Some of the sweetest women I've met have been from the South.  I haven't been married to one so I can't give a definitive answer on their wifely potential.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

when you've decided there aren't any good wives there either, then will you realize part of the problem is you?

na, yours seems to be doing just fine for me at the moment
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Well yes.. but they gain those extra pounds really quick after the ring too!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

Nice counterattack.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

what point?  That a southern woman wouldn't repeat a four letter word?  And because I repeated a word YOU said that I must be trailer trash?

whatever.  

Maybe 100 years ago southern women were more gentile, and gracious and feminine.  But they were and many still are spoiled, lazy and utterly useless for doing anything more taxing than giving a tea party.

Now it's a crap shoot.  Southern Woman, Northern woman.  You can find good ones wherever you look.  And you can find crap if you look for crap.

And if you still prefer one over the other, then move the hell down there and only date them.
Helps us to weed out the losers.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#33]
From a poster from despair.com - the only consistent thing in all your bad relationships is you.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

what point?  

That many American woman are classless, mouthy, ballbusting bitches who don't want to be wives or raise their kids. Your only comment is that he is not good enough to fuck you? Who cares? It's an internet site and anyone so pathetic they have to look here for sexual gratification is beyond hopeless.

Now, there are plenty like that all over and there are good and bad everywhere, men and women. I can understand why you might take exception to the generalization but it is just that, a generalization. Taking such exception to these kind of threads or comments is almost always related to ones own fragile self esteem in my experience.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

awwwe arent you clever.

what point?  

That many American woman are classless, mouthy, ballbusting bitches who don't want to be wives or raise their kids. Your only comment is that he is not good enough to fuck you? Who cares? It's an internet site and anyone so pathetic they have to look here for sexual gratification is beyond hopeless.

Now, there are plenty like that all over and there are good and bad everywhere, men and women. I can understand why you might take exception to the generalization but it is just that, a generalization. Taking such exception to these kind of threads or comments is almost always related to ones own fragile self esteem in my experience.

couldnt have said it better myself,
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How'd I know you'd be in here with your 1.5 cents?

I dunno...I've lived North and South. I've been married 19 years and left a very well paying job to raise my kids. I bake, I cook and my house is terminally spotless. I enjoy sex and am damn good at it (he's never complained and always comes back for more). There are never stray socks in my laundry room and I even take out the garbage (many times, right here on ARF). I stay in shape, wear makeup and fix my hair. And Sammiches??? Pullez! I know how to make a Hoagie blindfolded!
So...I say that region means nothing.
A good wife is usually a good wife because she WANTS to be a good wife.
And, usually, that WANT is born from having a good husband.

<shrug>
Don't think so??? That's ok. I am not married to you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno...I've lived North and South. I've been married 19 years and left a very well paying job to raise my kids. I bake, I cook and my house is terminally spotless. I enjoy sex and am damn good at it (he's never complained and always comes back for more). There are never stray socks in my laundry room and I even take out the garbage (many times, right here on ARF). I stay in shape, wear makeup and fix my hair. And Sammiches??? Pullez! I know how to make a Hoagie blindfolded!

<shrug>

sad to say, there arent to many like you left. look at all the threads on here talking about this very issue.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<shrug>

Praise the Lord!

If you are who and what you claim you are the minority by far, esp for NE women. Surely you realize that.

ETA: BTW, the fact that a guy keeps coming back for sex doesn't mean you're good at it, it just means....

Well.....

HE'S A GUY!

Not a slam, just an observation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<shrug>

Praise the Lord!

If you are who and what you claim
you are the minority by far, esp for NE women. Surely you realize that.

I am....
I am also a mouthy ball busting broad (I am neither classless nor a bitch--but I am capable of the latter).
See...it's a matter of RESPECT, people. Treat a woman well, and she'll reciprocate. Treat her poorly, and she'll MORE than reciprocate. I am not a "starter" when it comes to conflict. I am more of a "closer." Hubby and I have had maybe 5 MAJOR knock down drag outs. Why? Because we respect each other's boundaries. We both have learned to bite our lips over the unimportant.
In the end, we both give a little.
And that assures that we both get a little.
Now can we talk about something other than women (some more than others) are psycho bitches trying to steal your money and your guns?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

ETA: BTW, the fact that a guy keeps coming back for sex doesn't mean you're good at it, it just means....

Well.....

HE'S A GUY!

Well...All I know is, he's never faked it.
And neither have I.
Can your exes say the same? Not a slam...just an observation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Found my wife right here in WI. She's a home grown Norwegian.

I couldn't imagine a better one.

That being said, I have no idea if southern women are generally better than northern women or not. I spent a few years in NC and didn't really see any difference in the things I look for as being important to a good wife. I just think it's hard to find a good woman period. All I really care about is that I have one.

PlaymoreMinds, you sound like a good one too. Good for you.

ETA: Oops, got your screen name wrong PlaymoreMinds. Sorry about that. Fixed now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I am....
I am also a mouthy ball busting broad (I am neither classless nor a bitch--but I am capable of the latter).

No doubt. Thanks for the honesty but we already know that.

See...it's a matter of RESPECT, people. Treat a woman well, and she'll reciprocate. Treat her poorly, and she'll MORE than reciprocate

True in some cases, not true in most.
Certainly you realize that any such relationship requires 2 good people, not just one.

Now can we talk about something other than women (some more than others) are psycho bitches trying to steal your money and your guns?

Sure but you're in the wrong thread.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.....

HE'S A GUY!

And neither have I.

I can. Just had an ex yesterday that had left her husband and came back to me for more. And btw, getting most guys off isn’t exactly brain surgery (and no I don’t know from experience)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Well east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I’m down there

The mid-west farmer’s daughters really make you feel alright
And the northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be california
I wish they all could be california girls

The west coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldn’t wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world

I wish they all could be california girls

(girls, girls, girls yeah I dig the)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#45]
The southern girl you are thinking of is all but gone friends.  You'd probably just as good luck here as anywhere else.

That said, we do have some very pretty ladies here, and a lot of them, more so, I believe, than in other regions of the great United States
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.....

HE'S A GUY!

And neither have I.

A couple tried but I've been around the block a few times. Took care of business just fine.

Now do you chickies have anything substantial besides vain attempts at slamming the sexual prowess of men. That really is all you have to fall back on when it comes down to it. Similar to screaming abuse and getting a restraining order. All to predictable. Like I said earlier, you are both here because of self esteem issues. I have none.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am....

No doubt. Thanks for the honesty but we already know that.

YOU knew that. Not all of ARFCOM is acquainted with my, er "dainty" side.

See...it's a matter of RESPECT, people. Treat a woman well, and she'll reciprocate. Treat her poorly, and she'll MORE than reciprocate

True in some cases, not true in most.
Certainly you realize that any such relationship requires 2 good people, not just one.

Agreed 100%. And being born and bred south of the Mason Dixon guarantees nada. Except an affinity for hush puppies.

Sure but you're in the wrong thread.

I know...I just had to come in here and bust the bubble

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.....

HE'S A GUY!

And neither have I.

A couple tried but I've been around the block a few times. Took care of business just fine.

Now do you chickies have anything substantial besides vain attempts at slamming the sexual prowess of men. That really is all you have to fall back on when it comes down to it. Similar to screaming abuse and getting a restraining order. All to predictable. Like I said earlier, you are both here because of self esteem issues. I have none.

Whatsa matter, Doc? Hate when the girl can play the game as well as you?
Self Esteem issues? Nope...just some time to kill before I fix a homemade Turkey Pot pie for my hubby's dinner.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#49]
absolutely, having known wives from both sides
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#50]
more hotties in the South

whether they make better wives, who the hell knows..........
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top