Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 6:56:12 AM EDT
For all you guys living in the South Florida area, where are the best gun shops?

I live in South Palm Beach....haven't lived here very long. I usually go to the Delray Shooting Center.....nice people, decent selection.

Can anyone recommend some gun shops from, say Palm Beach County down to Miami?

Who's got the best selection? Who's got the best prices? Who carries the most "black" rifles? Where do you go when it's time to look over a nice inventory for your next firearm?

Thanks for the tips.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Isnt Steyr Aug's place down south somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Gator Guns & Archery on Okeechobee and Military is a pretty good shop.  They have a rife and a pistol range.

Academy-Tactical Edge on Blue Heron Blvd. has better prices on guns, but less of a selection.  They have a pistol range.

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep SteyrAUG is about 20 min north of Ft.Lauderdale, he can probably get you anything you want @ a reasonable price. For suggested shops in Ft. Lauderdale try Firearms Plus or Aries Gun shop. You could also make a day of it and hit a number of the local pawn shops. I like going the pawn shop route becouse I know what pawn shops pay for stuff(nxt to nothing) and they are usually more willing to weel & deal if you have the cash.
echo6
edit to add steyr can be contacted @ www.floridashootersnetwork.com
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Deoes SteyrAUG have his own shop? Or does he just do FFL work by individual orders from his home?

ECHO6 - Which shop in Ft.Laud. has the BEST selection? Aries or Firearms Plus?

ArtyZ - How about Gator and Acedemy? Both worth a visit?

Last question....where are these gun shops located? Any landmarks or streets I might know of?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Gator is a block north of Okeechobee on the east side of Military Trail. Zip Code drive. They also have a pawn shop (GATOR GUN & PAWN)on Military just north of the gun shop. West side.Academy is off Garden Road in Riveria Beach.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep SteyrAUG is about 20 min north of Ft.Lauderdale, he can probably get you anything you want @ a reasonable price. edit to add steyr can be contacted @ www.floridashootersnetwork.com
View Quote

I will warn you in advance. If you are not NRA AND a registered voter, Steyr will charge you $25 for the usual $8 call in. If you are BOTH he will only charge you $15 for the $8 call in.The other $7 is for putting a yellow piece of paper in a filing cabinet and holding it for 10 years.
Not a flame, just letting you know.

BTW His price on what I wanted was in the ball park with everyone else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top