BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 1:57:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The south will rise again!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad when something this small is note worthy even.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Good and about time. FBHO is out of office thus all his bullshit is now null and void for what is racist and what isn't. Southern pride is coming back!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good and about time. FBHO is out of office thus all his bullshit is now null and void for what is racist and what isn't. Southern pride is coming back!!
View Quote
There was a cop near here who was recently fired for flying it at her home.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
People can't legally fly the Confederate flag on their own property?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That flag should fly in a minimum of 11 states, if for nothing else so passer-by's observe it and choose to have a moment or not, to reflect upon the gravity that Civil War actually dictates...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe in some States. I can fly one in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
right after you get that Trans Am in the front yard off those cinder blocks
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

right after you get that Trans Am in the front yard off those cinder blocks
View Quote
I'd happily take that Trans Am if it's not wanted.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I see this Confederate flag every time I drive down I-75

Worlds largest Confederate Flag
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Next to the EPA, local zoning regulations are the most tyrannical and abusive element of government.
Glad to see that some common sense prevailed in this case.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#12]
One thing's for sure, you can fly a flag of most countries we've been at war with quite peaceably.  Maybe the Nazi flag or rising sun would fall into the confderate flag controversey.

Spain
Mexico
Great Britain
France
Pirates of Penzance and others..
Grenada
Panama
Kosovo
Canada

ETA so I'm thinking fly all these flags along with the confederate one and call it the war flags display.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Search for Maurice Bessinger on Google.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read where the family took the flags down. Was there a law passed saying they could not fly them on their property though if they chose to.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I see this Confederate flag every time I drive down I-75

Worlds largest Confederate Flag
View Quote
That flag triggers one of my wife's coworkers.  She's a Left wing idiot from MN.  It's fucking glorious.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#16]
The case mentioned was in a business area, and still private property, so it's a good ruling.

As far as your own home, or a business not in a strip mall type setting, there is no law against it. There's probably 100 rebel flags flying in people's yards and businesses here.

One of my high school friends runs Mike's Rebel Tire Service, about a mile from me,  and there's a huge flag over his house and shop, and on the logo for the business.

His shop is filled with memorabilia as well.

A good 50% of his business is black people. There's not a racist bone in his body, and they'll all attest to it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#17]
The Restaurant owner (who bought the property while a Confederate group owned the flagpole, and was flying the Confederate flag) is a moron.

A retarded moron. A full-blown retarded moron.

If what the restaurant owner is saying is true, and folks do not want to eat at the restaurant because of the flag... Then no one is going to win.

The restaurant owner will get what he gets for being a moron who did not know the Confederate group owned the flagpole when he bought the property... The restaurant owner will lose.

And Confederate sympathizers cannot see a run-down, closed-down, weed-filled parking lot as a goal for their victory. They should *want* people to see the flag and read the monument. Not see a closed-down business, with no business owner who wants to be associated with the Confederate flag. If that is their ultimate goal, they are just as much morons as the restaurant owner.

This is a no-win situation if there is one, if what the restaurant owner is saying is true.

Maybe business is booming, and the restaurant owner just does not want to admit it...

To be clear, it is *good* to see property rights upheld. And I think the biggest moron in this scenario is the restaurant owner who bought the property knowing it was flying the confederate flag, and not knowing who owned the flagpole...

But this can potentially be a lose-lose situation for both parties in the end... Confederate sympathizers cannot possibly see a shut-down business, and dilapidated parking lot as an honor to their flag and monument... But maybe business is booming, and the restaurant owner is lying.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I read where the family took the flags down. Was there a law passed saying they could not fly them on their property though if they chose to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SCV owns the piece of land.

Before he died in 2014, Maurice gave a tiny piece of land to SCV next to the restaurant. The SCV raised a Confederate flag on the land. The new restaurant owners didn't care; however, after the Charleston shooting, SCV raised a larger flag on the land. The restaurant started to lose business. So, they tried to use zoning rules against SCV but failed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe in the right to fly that flag if you so choose. If I was the restaurant owner however I would put up a huge sign that said that chicken s. flag or something to that effect isn't mine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#20]
My town still flies the 1st Confederate national flag at the courthouse with the U.S. & Texas flags. I'm kinda surprised no SJW from Austin haven't tried anything here yet.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Folks have been saying that since about 1856.  It may yet happen.  Christians have been saying Jesus will return for the past 2000 years (roughly).   I wonder which will happen first, or if any of us will live long enough to see either one happen?   The skeptic in me sometimes wonders whether either one will happen.  

The optimist in me just wants something to happen.  My posting is not meant to disparage the South, or Christians, as I have respect for both groups, and their optimism.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
We can only hope. I just wish all of the Northern shit would quit flowing downhill....
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Folks have been saying that since about 1856.  It may yet happen.  Christians have been saying Jesus will return for the past 2000 years (roughly).   I wonder which will happen first, or if any of us will live long enough to see either one happen?   The skeptic in me sometimes wonders whether either one will happen.  

The optimist in me just wants something to happen.  My posting is not meant to disparage the South, or Christians, as I have respect for both groups, and their optimism.
View Quote
The South is the only thing standing in the way of the Left wing and total domination.  Everyone should be rooting for the South.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Why was this even a thing? First amendment and all that...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The South is the only thing standing in the way of the Left wing and total domination.  Everyone should be rooting for the South.
View Quote
Conservativism, and limited government has very little to nothing to do with the big-government tyranny of the Confederacy.

Conservativism and limited government, and individual rights  is the political polar-opposite of the Democrat old "South."

But you are correct if you look at an electoral map. The Republican South and the Republican West are conservative strongholds now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top