Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2014 10:41:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 10:43:43 AM EDT by Brownbeard]
Your highways SUCK! At least your gas taxes are lower than my states tax though. And Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:52:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 10:52:22 AM EDT by BirddogSC]
Originally Posted By Brownbeard:
Your highways SUCK! At least your gas taxes are lower than my states tax though. And Happy Thanksgiving to all!
View Quote

And we like it that way....

http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/04/3724499/exclusive-most-sc-voters-oppose.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:55:02 AM EDT
Your gun laws need some work as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:55:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 10:56:11 AM EDT by TUMOR]
You're welcome.....now go back to where you came from!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:57:32 AM EDT
Don't piss of the South Carolinians.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:57:43 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jmarkma:
View Quote

Our laws are fine, to us.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:05:22 AM EDT
View Quote

How about you work on cleaning up Savannah so that trash doesn't spill over the border into our fine state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:05:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:

Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:06:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 11:11:54 AM EDT by TFO135]
Since gas taxes go towards road improvements, are you suggesting we raise taxes on ourselves so out of staters can ride more comfortable on their way through? BTW, our favorite type of visitors are the ones who come here and tell us what we are doing wrong. Additionally, I understand that after getting beaten by Steve Spurrier year after year, all you want is a bump free ride home from Columbia.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:06:50 AM EDT
View Quote

Don't like it, go back north where someone gives a damn what you think.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:07:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By voodochild:

How about you work on cleaning up Savannah so that trash doesn't spill over the border into our fine state.
View All Quotes

This, and add ATL and Athens and ALL UGA fans to that list...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:10 AM EDT
I'm all out of fucks to give to anyone that does not like my state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:13:18 AM EDT
I shall refute the points made by those posters attempting to besmirch my state:

1. Our roads suck because we have the lowest gas prices in the country. I'd just as soon have dirt roads and cheap gas, so your whining falls on my deaf ears. I would be fine with instituting a road tax on out of state vehicles, however.

2. The only thing I don't like about our gun laws is lack of open carry. The reason we don't have reciprocity with the penal colony to the west (Georgia) is because they have bassackwards CWP permitting. However, you descendants of FSA criminals are still more than welcome to carry in your console or glovebox through our great state.

Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 11:24:28 AM EDT by Brownbeard]
Just passing through my friend. All in good fun as I love this state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:23:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 11:24:22 AM EDT by BTccw]
ABSOLUTELY agree with OP.......Fuck I-95 through SC.

That said....Nikki is HOT!

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone moving at 15 miles per hour on any road in that state right now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:24:00 AM EDT
Just good nature ribbing. Your state is great and the fact that your taxes are lower makes it even better even if the roads are not the best (by the way they've gotten better since we got out of the Dillon area). And the Spurrier comment was a low blow man. Haha.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:25:34 AM EDT
View Quote

Obviously you have never been on the PA Turnpike. That's how I judge bad roads.

"Yeah it's bad but not as bad as the PA Turnpike".

It was so terrible that I got off and upon getting to the exit toll booth I told the gal she should pay me for driving on it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:25:52 AM EDT
Get the fuck off my roads....

Happy Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:27:03 AM EDT
Haha. They don't give a damn what I think either. I've asked for lower taxes many times and am ignored or scoffed at. I would sacrifice better roads for lower taxes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:35:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 11:35:43 AM EDT by TFO135]
Dillon area? I'm in the Florence area so you are forgiven and welcome back.
Just good nature ribbing. Your state is great and the fact that your taxes are lower makes it even better even if the roads are not the best (by the way they've gotten better since we got out of the Dillon area). And the Spurrier comment was a low blow man. Haha.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:39:14 AM EDT
"Tolls is tolls, and rolls is rolls. If we dont get no tolls, then we dont get no rolls"

Our roads dont suck, you just aren't a good driver in the slalom. Get your skills up before your next drive through. Or, drive around us on the east next time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:40:38 AM EDT
york area our roads are nice thanks to pennies for progress

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By d16man:

View All Quotes

Definitely add Augusta to that list.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:51:02 AM EDT
Well then GTFO

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:09:27 PM EDT
The roads keep FSA from wanting to relocate to our state. In fact, it keeps many from passing through. I guess it didn't work in you're case.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:27:41 PM EDT
I live here and think the roads could be better but raising taxes isn't the answer. Unfortunately the federal gov't has too much say in how we spend the money on roads SC gets from the federal gas tax. I remember when we used to say...you can tell when you've entered NC b/c the roads were so bad. That has reversed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:14:23 PM EDT

View All Quotes

At least we have significantly better carry laws.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:31:56 PM EDT
Well I'm a New Yorker and I am going to tell you how we deal with our crappy roads up here. We level all sorts of taxes on gasoline for "highway maintenance" and then only 22% of it actually goes to repair roads. And that is why we have not only high gasoline taxes, but lousy roads too.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes because of global warming we are going to have another white Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:37:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BTccw:

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone moving at 15 miles per hour on any road in that state right now.
View Quote

I-95 through GA is one long speed trap, and it smells like a sewer.

I prefer the SC version.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

I prefer the SC version.

View All Quotes

I prefer the SC version.

Police in GA are generally pretty lenient unless you're going 15+, locals can't even pull you over unless you are going 10+ so long as you're not in a school or work zone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:22:33 PM EDT

Police in GA are generally pretty lenient unless you're going 15+, locals can't even pull you over unless you are going 10+ so long as you're not in a school or work zone.
View All Quotes

I prefer the SC version.

It ain't that way in SC!!! One of the engineers I worked with on the Auto Train got stopped in Coward, SC (south of Florence on Rte 52) for going 38 in a 35 zone. Paid a $67 fine.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:22:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DiscoVolante:
I shall refute the points made by those posters attempting to besmirch my state:

1. Our roads suck because we have the lowest gas prices in the country. I'd just as soon have dirt roads and cheap gas, so your whining falls on my deaf ears. I would be fine with instituting a road tax on out of state vehicles, however.

2. The only thing I don't like about our gun laws is lack of open carry. The reason we don't have reciprocity with the penal colony to the west (Georgia) is because they have bassackwards CWP permitting. However, you descendants of FSA criminals are still more than welcome to carry in your console or glovebox through our great state.

Have a nice day.
View Quote

SC and GA do not recognize each others carry permits due to SC's over reaching and burdensome carry permit regulations. There are no classes required in GA. Just a few forms, a few background checks, fingerprints and take a picture is all this is needed in GA.

Get your facts right, Disco boy.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:22:58 PM EDT
View Quote

i live in dillon county, did you stop at south of the border and buy any over-priced junk or
eat some slop at the hot tamale
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
South Carolina is best Carolina.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:29:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbhindu:

SC and GA do not recognize each others carry permits due to SC's over reaching and burdensome carry permit regulations. There are no classes required in GA. Just a few forms, a few background checks, fingerprints and take a picture is all this is needed in GA.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imbhindu:
Originally Posted By DiscoVolante:

Have a nice day.

I moved here from GA. I had a GA permit for 16 years. I had to sit through a class. Take a legal test and a gun safety test and get 35 out of 50 rounds on a b27 target. shoot ten rounds each at 3 5 7 10 and 12 yards. ( I had 39 in the 10 ring)

now I have to wait 3 fucking months to get my rights back.

SC law sucks for permitting
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:37:52 PM EDT
I consider myself just a temporary ga visitor. I long for the day I return to SC. I like the roads just fine.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:42:14 PM EDT
View Quote
LOL you have atlanta
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:44:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dynamite:
I live here and think the roads could be better but raising taxes isn't the answer. Unfortunately the federal gov't has too much say in how we spend the money on roads SC gets from the federal gas tax. I remember when we used to say...you can tell when you've entered NC b/c the roads were so bad. That has reversed.
View Quote
NC's roads are decent, not bad, not great...
SC's are just plain horrible.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2014 8:20:25 AM EDT by VoodooChile]
The trip from sc to nc is worth it just to see the "x miles to South of the Border" signs every 5 min
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:02:15 PM EDT
OP, are you the head guy from Michelin NA that said our roads are a "disgrace" and something needs to be done about 'em?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:10:54 PM EDT

View All Quotes

I prefer the SC version.

I haven't spent a lot of time in GA, all I know is when I've been through there on 95 there was a stater every couple miles all the way across the state, added a good 45 minutes to the trip.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By t-diddy:
OP, are you the head guy from Michelin NA that said our roads are a "disgrace" and something needs to be done about 'em?
View Quote

The roads around Michelin in Greer are pretty nice I have always thought. Wonder what area he is talking about.

You gotta love 85 and 26. I avoid them whenever possible because of the terrible traffic, but the actual quality of the roads are comparable to anywhere else.

I'm wondering if he meant the drivers here are bad instead of the roads. SC has some crazy drives for sure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:44:53 PM EDT
You one of those left lane riding jack wagons from VA or FL?

Happy Thanksgiving and stay out of the passing lane!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:47:09 PM EDT
i love my state fo realz

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:25:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gaweidert:
Well I'm a New Yorker and I am going to tell you how we deal with our crappy roads up here. We level all sorts of taxes on gasoline for "highway maintenance" and then only 22% of it actually goes to repair roads. And that is why we have not only high gasoline taxes, but lousy roads too.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes because of global warming we are going to have another white Thanksgiving.
View Quote

People fall for the "splost" tax here, which is supposed to be a temporary tax to fix something or other that should already be covered by regular tax.

People vote for it because they think if they don't property taxes will go up. So property taxes go up anyway, the temporary tax become permanent, and they come up with a new "temporary" tax to vote on.

People here are stupid, but I probably dont' need to mention that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:32:34 AM EDT

View Quote

I-26 is even worse, especially mile marker 296
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:39:05 AM EDT

View Quote

Careful with the Governor... lotta dicks stuck in THAT crazy. Greediest Gov we've been stuck with in years... even a Democrat woulda been better this time around. Jeeze, that's a scary thought.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:19:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

Careful with the Governor... lotta dicks stuck in THAT crazy. Greediest Gov we've been stuck with in years... even a Democrat woulda been better this time around. Jeeze, that's a scary thought.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

As much as I dislike Haley's administration, I can't agree with the "even a Democrat" statement. Sheheen was the choice of the Democratic party, and he would have been worse. Now, some hypothetical Democrat who didn't actually run? Sure.

I voted for Steve French.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:22:54 AM EDT
Hmmm, Op, join date post count.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:51:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

exit toll booth
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

exit toll booth

This is where you lost me
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:53:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2014 9:55:00 AM EDT by ScottsGT]
Lived here all my life. I will agree, most roads around here suck. But one of the biggest problems I have observed is lack of planning. A road will be resurfaced, and no shit, within a month a fucking construction crew will come in, cut the damned road up to put down new plumbing, drainage, sewage or gas lines. Area is patched up and you can't drive the damned road without a SUV high suspension. This shit never fails to happen.
I hate to say it, but the state and local govt.'s need a damned "Road Czar" to oversee any planned construction in roadways to make sure the infrastructure is repaired before the asphalt is put down.
Also, we are way behind on widening the interstates. I-95 and I-26 need to be widened. Problem is, taxpayers just don't trust those in charge of the state funds. It's a tax that will never go away and they won't spend it as it was intended for.
Last Friday I drove from Spartanburg back to Columbia. I-26 was slam packed, bumper to bumper, but moving at 65-70 MPH. One hiccup, and it would have been backed up for hours.
If there could be a guarantee it would go away, or if we had proof of "temporary" taxes going away in the past, I'd be all for it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top