Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2013 4:25:49 PM EDT
Okay, searched here, found nothing so I figured I'd ask.

So I'm in the market for a sound bar, I would look into a actual system, but I do have size limitations.  I've read some good reviews and such online about the different bars out there, but the bars I like do not offer the features I want.

Specifically, I'm looking for one that has auto-volume adjustment, along with a screen to display EQ/VOL.  Not looking to break the bank on it, but I'm not opposed to spending a good amount on a good bar.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Waste of $$, just buy an Onkyo surround system
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay, searched here, found nothing so I figured I'd ask.

So I'm in the market for a sound bar, I would look into a actual system, but I do have size limitations.  I've read some good reviews and such online about the different bars out there, but the bars I like do not offer the features I want.

Specifically, I'm looking for one that has auto-volume adjustment, along with a screen to display EQ/VOL.  Not looking to break the bank on it, but I'm not opposed to spending a good amount on a good bar.

Thanks guys!
View Quote

Get a 5.1 system with wireless rear speakers.  Not the ideal setup but better than a soundbar.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the LG slim sound bar from Sams club for $250. Normally $450 at Best Buy. It sounds phenomenal. I live in a townhouse and the way the living room and kitchen connect it doesn't allow me the option to have full surround sound. I love the sound bar though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm using the Samsung one that came with a wireless subwoofer, it sounds nice. I do have to warn you though if you get one run the wires through the wall. I had mine forever with the audio cable and power cable just kind of hanging and it look terrible so finally got to running it into the wall.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-sound-bars/

I bought this Sony HTCT260H Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer

That said I will probably upgrade to an Onkyo surround sound at some point, but the above does a pretty good job - certainly better than the speakers in the TV.

Edit:  Check AVSFORUM.com - http://www.avsforum.com/f/
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I started looking too....Want one with a wireless subwoofer and FM capability.

Few questions...

If playing a CD (my wife does occasionally) will the TV need to be on?
I want headphone style input AND bluetooth (wifes Ipod has no bluetooth) is this easy to find?

Pedastal mount would be fine, in fact may be preferred so long as nice looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top