Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/21/2001 10:37:18 PM EST
I was just wondering the legal facts on sound suppressors for civilians. I'v heard that one can get a permit to own a suppressor...Just wondering if that is true and how I would go about doing so. Thanks for any help Mike =O)
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:53:46 PM EST
Go to your local Modern Arms selling gun shop and talk to the owner. Depending on your state allowing the sale of Suppressors you have to pay the same tax you would on an NFA weapon. It's $200 for the tax stamp. You then will wait about 3 to 4 months for all the paperwork to go through. I'm looking into my options now on buying a 10/22 with integrated sound suppressor. Take care, John
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:20:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2001 11:15:26 PM EST by Master_Blaster]
In addition to the tax stamp, you also have to submit fingerprints, etc. to have it all cleared, much like getting a CCW permit (I've looked into this myself, but here in WA, I have to go to the local PD chief and get his/her permission first [:(!], [8]). In addition, you must go through the process every time you buy another can. But there is another way: setting up a corporation and buying the cans through it. This sidesteps the fingerprinting & "may I - puleeeeeezzzzze?!" hassles, and is perfectly legal. However, it costs roughly $500.00 just to take care of the legal processing to set up the corp. Thereafter, you'll have to file regular financial reports w/the city/county where you're conducting your "business" in. [heavy][USA]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:30:29 PM EST
Sorry Buddy you would have to be a licensed machine gun dealer to possess a silencer in KS.
Top Top