Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 5:04:06 AM EDT
Ok - as far as I've found, no one really got injured or killed here - if anyone did, ofcourse it's not fun at all..
The accident happened in Denmark by the way..

I REALLY don't like those "green" cars (hybrids or electric).. And here apparently, the Prius rearended the Tesla, and pushed it under the VW SUV.
They claim to buy their cars with their "minds" - but apparently they drive just like any other schmuck on the road..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16822508@N05/3995784846/
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/10/tesla-totalled/

http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb/archive/00480/tesla_3_480287m.jpg

SteinarT
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
....damn
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
doh- those teslas are actually pretty nice too

doesn't look like it's gonna buff out
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#3]
wow...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I REALLY don't like those "green" cars (hybrids or electric).. And here apparently, the Prius rearended the Tesla, and pushed it under the VW SUV.
They claim to buy their cars with their "minds" - but apparently they drive just like any other schmuck on the road..

Don't electric cars have 100% torque at 0 RPM?  What's not to like about that?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]
That'll ruin your day...........

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#6]
It'd be even better if it was the V10 Bi-Turbo Diesel Toureg... It'd give off enough emissions for all three cars combined...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
That's not funny in the least.  I've driven the Tesla roadster and if I had the means, I would own one.  The torque is like no other car you've ever encountered; Linear and seemingly endless.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Eh you should see what happens to big SUVs and trucks here every day.  They look much worse after rolling over 5 times.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea, that Tesla in such a state makes me cry on the inside. That is a car I would own in an instant if I could.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the motor isn't spinning, how does it generate torque?

Yes, an electric motor does not produce torque based on RPM, but on the power you put into it.  

There is nothing wrong with electric motors, its the batteries that suck.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That'll ruin your day...........

It would ruin more than my day.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:25:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I'm a dinosaur, but the lack of engine noise is ghey..

I'll probably get used to it in the end (when all we get are plug-in-hybrids, with 1.2l diesel engines..) But that'll sure take all the fun out of driving..

SteinarT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top