Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/17/2004 3:02:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 3:07:02 PM EST by ms_international]
Not that we are in the big impact area or have been this year, but the winds were strong enough to rip my canopy to shreds and bend the poles in 12 different directions.

Now, my better half not wanting to leave without his precious four wheeler uncovered (it really isn't - it has got its own cover) and wanting to be perfect - bought another canopy.

Of course in the middle of the hurricane season in Coastal Carolina, he needs to put it together the day before he leaves the country.

Yeah, guess what "Ivan" now shredded the new one and of course bent the poles in 15 different directions.

Now to the advice I have given out earlier - excuse me I have to go scream into a pillow.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:08:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:14:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 3:14:41 PM EST by MarianLibrarian]
Go ahead and say it (at least to us):

I told you so!!!!!!!!!

Feel better?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:44:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 3:45:32 PM EST by Donna]

Originally Posted By ms_international:
Not that we are in the big impact area or have been this year, but the winds were strong enough to rip my canopy to shreds and bend the poles in 12 different directions.

Now, my better half not wanting to leave without his precious four wheeler uncovered (it really isn't - it has got its own cover) and wanting to be perfect - bought another canopy.

Of course in the middle of the hurricane season in Coastal Carolina, he needs to put it together the day before he leaves the country.

Yeah, guess what "Ivan" now shredded the new one and of course bent the poles in 15 different directions.

Now to the advice I have given out earlier - excuse me I have to go scream into a pillow.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Keep venting! I'm not sure what good it'll do to even go there with him though... will it change anything? Glad you are okay!

edited to add: I LOVE your avatar!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:44:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By MarianLibrarian:
Go ahead and say it (at least to us):

I told you so!!!!!!!!!

Feel better?

Yep I told you so!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:46:55 PM EST
Donna,

I don't know if it will do any good, but now that we spent about $ 500 on flippin canopies...
...we could have spent $ 700 and got a permanent shed...

Guess what I am going to buy while he is gone???
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:53:06 PM EST

Donna,

I don't know if it will do any good, but now that we spent about $ 500 on flippin canopies...

A male blow up doll? Oh - probably not...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:56:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Donna:

Donna,

A male blow up doll? Oh - probably not...

... a shed
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:27:01 PM EST
Atta girl! I love my husband, but there are just times when we women have to step up and make them see the light! Get a shed and then tell him:

I told you so!!! (repeat as needed!)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:34:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By MarianLibrarian:
Atta girl! I love my husband, but there are just times when we women have to step up and make them see the light! Get a shed and then tell him:

I told you so!!! (repeat as needed!)

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:02:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:41:57 PM EST

excuse me I have to go scream into a pillow.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:39:48 PM EST
Get even with him.
Sell his 4 wheeler cheap..........to me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:49:28 PM EST
Even a busted watch is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:02:28 PM EST
Now I need to vent.

The Star Wars Trilogy DVD set arrived at my boyfriend's apartment, and we decided to watch all three movies. "We" is myself, my boyfriend, and three other guys. 1/3 of the way through the movie the guys start making all these sexual innuendos. It's funny the first 26 times, but then it starts to wear a little thin. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for dirty jokes, but most of it is from nowhere and completely irrelevent to anything going on in the movie. By the end of the first one, I'm ready to scream and have repeatedly asked them to stop, then to the shut the hell up.

OVERKILL. Besides, they're all big boys, they're not 13 anymore.

Now I need to go scream into a pillow.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:35:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
Now I need to vent.

The Star Wars Trilogy DVD set arrived at my boyfriend's apartment, and we decided to watch all three movies. "We" is myself, my boyfriend, and three other guys. 1/3 of the way through the movie the guys start making all these sexual innuendos. It's funny the first 26 times, but then it starts to wear a little thin. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for dirty jokes, but most of it is from nowhere and completely irrelevent to anything going on in the movie. By the end of the first one, I'm ready to scream and have repeatedly asked them to stop, then to the shut the hell up.

Just threaten to castrate him next time..
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:24:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:43:42 PM EST

Now I need to vent.

Let me pull that mistaken thought from your head now, men never really grow up. Sorry.

Learn to enjoy it or don't hang out with the craven lot of them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:14:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 12:15:40 AM EST by Bucko]

1/3 of the way through the movie the guys start making all these sexual innuendos. It's funny the first 26 times, but then it starts to wear a little thin.

I'm as big a pervert as most (maybe more so), but the only thing sexual about that trilogy is the few minutes that Leia is in 'the outfit' and that's only in the 2nd one.

As for the canopy versus the shed scenario: you get what you pay for. Spend the money and get the shed. To counter what Tweak might say: at least a shed being a permanent or semi-permanent structure would probably afford some kind of remuneration under an insurance policy whereas a PVC or nylon canopy would not - you get what you pay for.

Can you tell I'm trying to prepare for the argument I will have with my girlfriend (wife for all intents and purposes) about the M82 I am going to buy? Why spend $2.5K on a single-shot bolt-action rifle when you know Armalite will release a magazine (read clip) fed rifle (that I would also have to buy) a few months later when I can just solve the whole problem by buying one magazine fed SA rifle NOW!?! ...but I digress: this is about you, dear: you're right.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:04:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:13:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Tweak:
Excellent point B, hadn't considered the insurance angle.

Actually that idea came as I was trying to find another way to justify spending more money. ...but thanks.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:53:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By ProfessorEvil:

Now I need to vent.

Let me pull that mistaken thought from your head now, men never really grow up. Sorry.

Learn to enjoy it or don't hang out with the craven lot of them.

I've hung out with him and his friends a thousand times before, and we're always cracking sick jokes at each other. But last night the jokes were coming from the depths of nowhere and had no relevance to anything that was going on.

Anyway, after the first one finished I took a breather to keep myself from going crazy. They started the second movie and jokes for the most part stopped. I think they all just had a little too much sugar that night.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:49:12 PM EST

Anyway, after the first one finished I took a breather to keep myself from going crazy. They started the second movie and jokes for the most part stopped. I think they all just had a little too much sugar that night.

Don't Do the Dew?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:17:19 PM EST
1st of all, tell him, "I told ya so". Then buy a shed. For your stuff. No real fourwheeler guy would leave their wheeler outside with out a shed. Weather and thieves. ???
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:15:34 AM EST

Don't Do the Dew?

Yes, but I don't stick it to my veins. Big difference.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:23:46 AM EST

Don't Do the Dew?

Yes, but I don't stick it to my veins. Big difference.

Maybe you should Do the Dew then? Hm. Dunno. That or make pizza snax instead and throw them at the screen everytime they make silly comments you don't like.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:32:31 AM EST

Maybe you should Do the Dew then? Hm. Dunno. That or make pizza snax instead and throw them at the screen everytime they make silly comments you don't like.

That's a waste of good pizza snacks!

Throwing spoiled leftovers, though....hmmmm.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:16:25 AM EST
If you want to shut them up in the future start talking about catheters - call them "foley" catheters if you really want to disturb them. I can give you detailed things to ponder aloud if you need help, but I bet you can up with your own.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:35:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bucko:
If you want to shut them up in the future start talking about catheters - call them "foley" catheters if you really want to disturb them. I can give you detailed things to ponder aloud if you need help, but I bet you can up with your own.

I think next time I'll start talking about my uterus and what comes out of it once a month. That should shut em up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:45:15 AM EST
Wait for some of the other guys to weigh in, but I bet mine 'wins'. If you do use yours though make sure you use the word "sloughing" a few times.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:21:28 PM EST

I just looked it up...ewwwwww...

It's perfect!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:18:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:08:39 PM EST
YIKES
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:14:10 PM EST

I'm as big a pervert as most (maybe more so), but the only thing sexual about that trilogy is the few minutes that Leia is in 'the outfit' and that's only in the 2nd one.

Okay, I'm no Star Wars nerd, but I thought "The Outfit" was the metal bikini in "Return of the Jedi"?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:28:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

Okay, I'm no Star Wars nerd, but I thought "The Outfit" was the metal bikini in "Return of the Jedi"?

Right, 3rd one - sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:16:51 PM EST
..... and how did we get to StarWars???
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:55:33 PM EST
GabbasaurusRex's post about half-way down the 1st page.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:04:49 PM EST

GabbasaurusRex's post about half-way down the 1st page.

Ya, I was ranting about the decreasing maturity level in the room I was experiencing at the time.
Top Top