Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2004 5:50:56 PM EST
Are you going to tell the wife ??
I mean thats giving up a pretty good reason to buy guns.
But honey ,I have to get it....IT'S BEEN BANNED ANDTHERE WILL NEVER BE ANY MORE !!!

Its too late for me, Mrs. SPECTRE is as gun savvy as I am, BUT THERE'S STILL TIME FOR THE REST OF YOU !!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:54:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 5:54:51 PM EST by SS109]
Too late for me, she can see the glee in my eyes.

Plus I have already bought five guns this years so I will have to be creative on any post-ban purchases.

I got it! I got it!
Honey, I have to buy these now, Kerry will ban them when he wins. We will make a killing re-selling them after new production is halted.

Actually that may be too scary a scenario to me to even speak out loud.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:45:54 PM EST
Well we can still use the import ban or dare I say........class III

Honey !!........They have banned full auto stuff we must act now !!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:48:48 PM EST
I tried that, then she wanted to know how much more I would spend on ammo. Damn!

Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
Well we can still use the import ban or dare I say........class III

Honey !!........They have banned full auto stuff we must act now !!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:53:11 PM EST
I keep showing her a pile of parts.
It keep growing.
Is it one gun?
Two?
Three?
No way to be sure until Sept 13-14
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:56:09 PM EST
she's too informed
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:58:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:18:36 PM EST
I am a lucky bastage! My wife grew up around guns & loves to shoot 'em. In fact, I just bought her a Glock 19 for a CCW (Probably should have waited until after the ban for hi caps, but she was happy all the same). I already "warned" her that I was going to the toy store post-9/13 & all she said was to be sure & save the receipts if I put it on the CC.

I'll probably get a M4Super90/M1014 w/ a high-cap, full length feed tube & as evil a stock as I may legally acquire (most likely the fixed PG stock). If they're available, I'll go for oodles of 12-rd HK USP .45 mags (extended floorplate if possible, but I won't be picky) & some Glock 19 hi-caps also. Christmas is a comin' early this year, unless the evil demo-grinch crashes the party (which seems increasingly unlikely, but I'm not blinking just yet). I'm also interested in what DSA might have to offer in the way of para FALs & such, post-9/13, but it'll probably take a little while for the mfg's to get up to speed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:21:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 7:21:26 PM EST by BusMaster007]
She knows basically what's going on.
Now we have a 'window of opportunity' to work with, so we've got to get the post-post-ban configured to pre-ban while there is NO ban...! Got it?
Yeah, baby!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:33:21 AM EST
I've been dropping e-mails to my wife for about 2-3 months telling her the best gift to buy her loved one on his new favorite holiday... not sure whether she willl actually do it, but a gift wrapped Ace Ltd M4 SOCOM on the 14th will answer my question. I'm not holding my breath, but she does have her moments.

I'm not pushing my luck trying to get a whole new gun out of the deal. There might be an increase in out income that will allow for me to start on a new gun campaign, but I'd actually be just as happy putting evil parts on my current AR's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:57:32 AM EST
My wife's pretty savvy.

When we looked at the situation together, she upped my spending limit.

Since those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, and we both have concerns about the lame-duck congress re-authorizing or re-introducing the AWB, we decided that now was the time to spend money, retrofit everything we bought in the last 10 years, and buy post 13th items for investment (and fun in the mean time).

She only asked that I build her her own SAM-Rish clone!

I'm a fortunate man.

-FMD
Top Top