Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:30:56 AM EDT
Got called into work, Boss had a family issue and he needed me to cover Saturday.

No biggie, my boss is awesome and I would work a Sat for him anytime.

But...

The land lord has electronic locks on the building. That are suposed to unlock saturdays 8-2 for us. We are open 9-1. Wellllllll after the new years I'm guessing the land lord forgot to roll over the Saturday setting...

I can't get it. Called the boss left message, called the building manager left message, called the building managers cell, yep left messgage, tracked down the after hrs emergency number for the property.... Yep you guest it, left message.

So I'm drinking coffie in the coffee shop a block away.

Not sure my battery will last all day surfing on my phone :(
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
So that sucks. Should have brought a charger
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
73% and falling!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on what type of phone it is, adjust its brightness down, go into the settings and turn off as many push notification systems as you dare (superfluous email systems, instant messengers, etc.). Stop running as many background apps as you can. If possible, turn off superfluous radios (e.g., on my Thunderbolt, the custom firmware I have includes a thing that lets one turn the 3G and 4G radios off).

Also, if you're willing to tip generously (and the coffee shop is classy), you might see if one of the employees of the coffee shop has a charger that they'd be willing to loan you. Most smartphones nowadays use USB Micro chargers, and the iPhone/Pad/Pod devices are prolific and have their own chargers.

Adapt! Improvise! Overcome! DRINK THAT FUCKING COFFEE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top