Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 9:01:35 PM EDT
Sooo.......are black helicopters a myth?

I "know someone" that swears he has seen them travelling east\west above
Interstate 10 in Houston for years(although he hasn't seen any of them lately)

I believe him, heh
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no black helos in the Army inventory, but they do have some really, really really dark grey ones.

I know a guy in AZ who is into reloading who has an actual black painted helo, does that count? LOL
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
yes! and they are crewed by guys in black suits with white shirts and dark glasses.  they have a large antenna on them for broadcasting mind control waves into people's mind chips
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Soooo.......really, really dark grey that would LOOK black even when flying at low altitude?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I see black helicopters....

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Incidentally, I saw a black/dark grey Blackhawk fly fairly low over the range while shooting today. It wouldn't have been so attention-grabbing if another helicopter (sherrif's bird, maybe?) hadn't flown REALLY low over the range in the same flight path about ten minutes earlier.

They're trying to take my guns! Guess they didn't get quite low enough to get their fishing hooks on my trigger guards.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yes! and they are crewed by guys in black suits with white shirts and dark glasses.  they have a large antenna on them for broadcasting mind control waves into people's mind chips

He couldn't see the crew, of course he might get a close up look at them now
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
One flew over my Junior High school when I was running the mile many years ago...it just sort of hovered above us and I could see the doorgunner looking down at us.  Me being the idiot that I was (or am) I flipped it off.  It then flew off over the school and LANDED nearby.  I was so fucking scared that day.  I later found out that it landed at an elementary school a few hundred yards away and did a presentation.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
If I open up the window right now and look up...........I can see one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to just shake my head at the guys who were worried about that whole thing, UN troops, etc. But, honest to God, I was at a friends house in Redstone, Colorado and 2 BLACK (no, not dark green, not dark gray, black) Blackhawks went overhead. It made me laugh because I told him "ah fuck, all these years those guys were right...". LOL
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Aren't the ICE operated helicopters black? Somebody here posted pics, although they were shiney.

Anyway, Army choppers are a dark green that looks black in the right light.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyway, Army choppers are a dark green that looks black in the right light.

He says that the green ones LOOK green when flying almost directly overhead at low altitude
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone can paint a helicopter black.

It's the ones with "whisper mode" that are scary.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#14]
IIRC, customs choppers are black, but they have a lot of yellow trim and say "US CUSTOMS" big as all shit on the side
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I used to just shake my head at the guys who were worried about that whole thing, UN troops, etc.

He's not worried about them, it is just strange that everyone says they don't exist when they clearly fly along the katy freeway, they aren't trying to hide
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I have seen a black helo once, back in 1996 IIRC.
No fucking shit, it was an Mi-24 Hind painted all black.
I was 10/11 years old, I had seen Red Dawn a month prior, and I knew that helicopter was not one of ours.
It flew low and slow over the lake that our cabin was on.
This was in mid-western maine, about 50 miles from the Canadian border.
The image is burned into my mind.
I still have no explanation for it.

That is the only "black helicopter" I have ever seen.
Saw plenty of dark, dark green ones flown by the Army near my house (I live near a base)
They would fly over the cornfields, and check for pot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IIRC, customs choppers are black, but they have a lot of yellow trim and say "US CUSTOMS" big as all shit on the side

Military Hueys, no markings on them(that he ever noticed)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#18]
They do exist, and I don't mean weather copters painted black.

It's the least of my worries.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have seen a black helo once, back in 1996 IIRC.
No fucking shit, it was an Mi-24 Hind painted all black.
I was 10/11 years old, I had seen Red Dawn a month prior, and I knew that helicopter was not one of ours.
It flew low and slow over the lake that our cabin was on.
This was in mid-western maine, about 50 miles from the Canadian border.
The image is burned into my mind.
I still have no explanation for it.

That is the only "black helicopter" I have ever seen.
Saw plenty of dark, dark green ones flown by the Army near my house (I live near a base)
They would fly over the cornfields, and check for pot.

Oops, I didn't mention that he was ONLY talking about hueys

These are black HUEYS, exactly like the green hueys used by the Military
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Black is out.... the new look is MIDNIGHT BLUE.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw a black one, a few green ones too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Drive through the Hanford Nuclear Reservation. Stop by the road and take a walk along the fence. Your question will be answered in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#23]
    I had a neighbor that would seriously freak out when the Ohio Nat'l Guard choppers would fly North over us to Camp Grayling in the summer. (I love the sound of those Hueys )

They did look black even though they were Dark OD green.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:18:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Vice president was in town a year ago or so.

I happened to be the last car on the interstate bypass around town after they closed access.
I noticed police cars at every bridge/overpass/viaduct/culvert.
And the pure black choppers flying around.

Kind of freaked me out a little, since I didn't know what was going on.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Ask Alex jones
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#26]
AH6/MH6 Little birds are black... I've seen them parked at both the airport and here on base.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I've seen a couple dark navy blue Blackhawks in the Fort Worth are.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#28]
They might not be BLACK.........but they're dark..........they're unmarked............and I've seen them.

During 1 episode I had 3 CH53's come over my home at about 150 feet ...............it was past dusk, almost night, they had no running lights and were running FAST.

Yep, I've seen them.

Say what you want about tinfoil hats.......but when it happens, you'll believe!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I see this one all the time

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw 2 black, unmarked Kiowas "parked" outside of the local FBO just a couple of months ago.  I thought right then that if a conspiracy theorist were to drive by the airport they would have a heart attack.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#31]
So what's the big deal about black helecopters anyway?  Is there supposed to be something sinister about them?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So what's the big deal about black helecopters anyway?  Is there supposed to be something sinister about them?

Wikipedia - Black Helicopters

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#33]
well with fort bragg right down the road from me. where the spec ops units our we see their special operations helos sometimes and their all black on the outside.

so yes  black helos do exist.

if any of you live in kentucky near where the 160th soar is you should see black helos to.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Soooo.........I guess the answer is: NOT a myth
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]
USMC chopper:
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Yep,  Seen then flying out of Offutt more then once.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wikipedia - Black Helicopters

I can't wait to get a good digital camera
(they spew a lot of bs in that "entry")
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#38]
we have an Apache Longbow plant here in Mesa, AZ.

They are black.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#39]
HUEYS, BLACK HUEYS
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#40]
These black helicopters are the training flights for space shuttle door gunners.  Do not look directly at them.  

More likely just the guard out doing training, superimposed with a little scouting for marajuaina (sp?) patches in the local farmer's fields.  Night training is the best bang for the buck.

I hit one with a flashlight as he came over my house out in the sticks (pre-kid years) in SW Ohio a while back.  He was pretty low, maybe a couple hundred feet.  I must have pissed him off by flashing his NV goggles, because the next thing I new he was hovering directly over me and he turned on the big spotlight straight down on me.  Damn near blinded me.  I waved, he moved on, having made his point.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Sooo.......are black helicopters a myth?

I "know someone" that swears he has seen them travelling east\west above
Interstate 10 in Houston for years(although he hasn't seen any of them lately)

I believe him, heh

We got 'em, they used to say US Customs on the side now they have something else, maybe DHS
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#42]
There was a drug enforcement unit in Georgia that had a black Blackhawk when I was a kid.

The landed it at my elementary school and did a presentation. It was almost as cool as the anti drug presentation where a cop showed up in the car from Knight Rider, and showed us a confiscated Tec-9 that a drug dealer had used to shoot a guy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Dude, relax, it's mine. I'm just using it to pick up chicks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Dude, relax, it's mine. I'm just using it to pick up chicks.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
They might not be BLACK.........but they're dark..........they're unmarked............and I've seen them.

During 1 episode I had 3 CH53's come over my home at about 150 feet ...............it was past dusk, almost night, they had no running lights and were running FAST.

Yep, I've seen them.

Say what you want about tinfoil hats.......but when it happens, you'll believe!

Um yeah, who wants to fly a bright orange helicopter into battle?  And from 150 feet the black lettering on the dark OD paint will not be visible.
Hmm... no lights?  Damn the military for wanting to practice flying with just night vision goggles anyway.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The Customs Blackhawks (we see them alot down here in Miami) are a gloss black w/ yellow lettering.

Last week, I saw several pairs of matte-black blackhawks w/ long air-refuel booms and no visible I.D. markings flying over the greater Miami area.  I'm not a tin-foil hat type, but it's got me wondering....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Here, they fly over in the DAYTIME, it is really EASY to tell the GREEN ones from the BLACK ones
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top