Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2011 1:18:51 PM EDT
Thanks for all the help on my "Honda Mower Starts but Won't Keep Running" thread.

Now that its running like a champ, I want to get the self-propulsion unit going again.

I can see that its missing the belt to the drive unit. Is there anything else that I might need to fix or adjust while I'm in there replacing the belt? Anyone (I_M...) know the part number of the drive belt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:39:28 AM EDT
Get the model # of your mower and go to any reputable power equipment supply shop. They'll be able to look up the belt# and can suggest other maintenance items.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2011 4:21:51 PM EDT by I_M_2_SANE]
22431-VE1-T00 ( #2 in the diagram ) is my best guess. Probably cost you between $5 and $8 bucks. Check the rest out to be sure the transmission isn't shot. Should be able to turn the drive pulley on the trans by hand and put a little pressure on the wheels to see if anything is torn up inside. If it feels smooth perhaps you'll get away with just a new belt.

Can you get a serial# off the mower so I can be sure I'm looking at the correct model and year schematics?

Also a complete model# on the machine ( for example HRM215__________). There should be some other letters behind the 215.

Please always pull the spark plug lead before messing around the bottom of this thing .
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:31:16 PM EDT
Maybe a blown tranny. I tried turning the pully and the wheels––didn't seem like there was any connection. The pulley spins easily. The wheels spin easily. I can move them both in either direction and can't find any sign of connection.

Where do I find a serial number on this thing? There are no letters or numbers after HRM215. The only thing I could find that looks like a serial number was on the engine block. Same numbers I gave you earlier. Its a mystery.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 4:06:12 PM EDT by I_M_2_SANE]
I'm pulling schematics from a 1999 model, I figure your mower is about 10 years old from what you have said.

The transmission is a probably over $100. I would suggest pushing it!

If you wanted to, you could drop the trans and see if you can get it apart but I do not think parts are available for the internals. Possibly it's just something stupid. Looks like there's a lever on the box that may?? engage it?? Are you sure it was engaged when you were testing it by hand? Looks like there's a cable going to a clutch or the box.

I'll be honest here, I do not work on mowers but know my way around a lot of power equipment and I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night. Here's a pic of the box I was looking at. Tell me if it's close to yours.

Let me know what else I can help with.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:49:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DaveSpud:
Maybe a blown tranny. I tried turning the pully and the wheels––didn't seem like there was any connection. The pulley spins easily. The wheels spin easily. I can move them both in either direction and can't find any sign of connection.

Did you have the drive lever depressed?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:43:51 PM EDT
Nope. Would've required 3 hands. I'll try it again.

Top Top