Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2002 8:20:36 AM EDT
Like this moron.

[url=www.thelouisvillechannel.com/lou/news/stories/news-156150920020716-150701.html]Tinseltown Theater Shooter Pleads Guilty[/url] [red][i]Concealed Weapon Accidentally Went Off[/i]

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A man charged in connection with an accidental shooting at a Louisville movie theater appeared in court Tuesday morning for the start of his trial, but a plea agreement was reached before the trial started.

Newland was originally charged with a second-degree felony assault, but the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor count of endangerment.

Newland was waiting in a line at the Tinseltown USA movie theater June 30, 2000, when a handgun in his pocket accidentally went off. The bullet ricocheted off the floor and hit a woman in her upper thigh, where it remains lodged to this day.

"We never alleged that Mr. Newland intentionally harmed anyone. The only allegation was that he was wanton in the way he handled the firearm," commonwealth Prosecutor Jonathan Dyar said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
They report that the [u]gun[/u] [I]Accidentally Went Off[/I].

That is  wrong.
He pulled the trigger.

The safety on Newland's gun was not on at the time of the incident, Gum reported.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
thats why they are also...... the only things in that pocket!

to bad the bullet bounce wanst back between his legs. prevent him from breeding,
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Pocket pool anyone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top