Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:32 AM EDT
Like last night when I fired up my pellet smoker and didn't notice that I had forgot to remove the remote transmitter for my wireless thermometer....

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It Happens
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Well,  what did you cook?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

His thermometer.  Duh.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

His thermometer.  Duh.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His thermometer.  Duh.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
3/10 overcooked
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, I just tossed a hamburger on the grill.

It was last night after dark - I didn't even notice the transmitter in there back in the corner of the grill until this morning when I went out to clean up the grill....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I have that same model.  Due to paranoia, I never place any part of it inside the smoker except the probes.  The transmitter always sits on the side shelf and never on the grate, even for a second.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His thermometer.  Duh.  

Lol 2PNI
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#9]
How'd it taste?

Mmmmmmm smokey
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have that same model.  Due to paranoia, I never place any part of it inside the smoker except the probes.  The transmitter always sits on the side shelf and never on the grate, even for a second.
View Quote
I put mine in there during the summer months because the hot AZ Sun beating down on it really screws up the display.

Four years without a problem, but last night I guess I had one to many martinis before making a burger - didn't even think about the transmitter (who uses a wireless thermometer to make a burger....).
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a good model too.  If it was their older model, you'd probably be glad you get to order a new one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How'd it taste?
Mmmmmmm smokey
View Quote
I'm surprised the batteries didn't explode!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I can beat that.

Last year, I was cleaning my chimney.  I stuck a flashlight in the flue so I could look down the chimney from above, brush it out, and check my progress.  Then I forgot it was in there.

The first time I made a fire last year, I got a funny smell that I couldn't I.D.  Turns out it was the battery acid being boiled!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's a good model too.  If it was their older model, you'd probably be glad you get to order a new one.
View Quote
I know.

$80 oops, I just got done ordering another from Cablea's and used my reward points to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh.

Years ago when brother married the anti Betty Crocker she tuned on the oven and when she went to put the food in she discoved the beater and two other items were in there and had melted onto the racks.

Brother hung it in the garage for decoration for a few years.

Don't store shit in your oven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top