Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2004 11:51:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 12:15:12 PM EST by hk940]
One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying submachine guns.

One of the men proclaimed,

"Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."

Immediately, the choir fled...

the deacons fled...

and most of the congregation fled....

Out of the 2,000 there only

remained around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood...

He then looked at the preacher and said "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites... Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!"

And the two men turned and walked out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:05:37 PM EST
Revelations talks about the antichrist marking everyone with the sign of the devil and anyone who refuses will be killed. If that comes during my lifetime it will be a good day to die.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:08:21 PM EST
We need a poll:

"Do you pack in church?"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:10:18 PM EST
I always carry, church is no exception. Do you buckle up only when you know you'll be in an accident?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:13:10 PM EST
I'd take the bullet.

And I do not pack in Church.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:13:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:15:45 PM EST
... What kind sub-machine guns were they?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:16:24 PM EST
got'yer poll.
and yes i do pack in church.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:17:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... What kind sub-machine guns were they?

UZI 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:17:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 12:17:51 PM EST by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:17:58 PM EST

Most priests/pastors are agnostic. There would be no one to give the service.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:30:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:32:11 PM EST
South Carolina has allowed concealed carry in churches with the express permission of the governing body.

After a long discussion (and an 8 page thesis proving God is pro gun ) the board of elders approved concealed carry for our church.

So yes, I pack while I pray.

(If anyone wants a copy of my analysis of what God says about guns, self-defense, and the right to keep and bear arms, email me)

Praise the Lord.....and pass the ammunition.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:40:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 12:41:30 PM EST by EricTheHun]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:49:40 PM EST
I agree, Eric.

I only pack in Church by accident, as in if my Swiss-cheese brain forgets to leave it in the car. But, if the time comes, I certainly will take a bullet for Christ. But, if I can make a minion of evil take one and stop him from harming others, I will gladly throw myself on His mercy and accept His judgement. (Hmmm. does that make Him sound like Patton: It's not your job to take a bullet for Me; make the minions of Satan take one for him)

Actually, the statement of the premise for the thread is interesting. It sounds somewhat like my philosophy of the "final days." It's time for Christ's followers to stand up and be counted.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:50:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:
Then you would be willing to see your fellow believers cut down in cold blood, when, by carrying a weapon, you might have prevented at least one or two from dying?

I doubt that Jesus would ever condemn you for protecting others from the evil deeds of evil men,

Eric The(NorShouldTheStateOfMichigan)Hun

EXACTLY.

Scripture commands us to watch over the weak and defenseless among us.

To the point of sacrificing our own life.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:59:10 PM EST
Of course I do.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, ....he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

No use in owning one if you don't carry one.

"Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:59:23 PM EST
Yes, it is the American thing to do, this nation exist on a large part because of the black brigade, preachers that would drill the militia after the service, some colonial churches still have the original gun racks for rifles in them.

Men tacically took the outside and isle seats in case the church came under attack they could be first to assualt.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:07:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By macman37:
I'd take the bullet.

And I do not pack in Church.

Then you would be willing to see your fellow believers cut down in cold blood, when, by carrying a weapon, you might have prevented at least one or two from dying?

I doubt that Jesus would ever condemn you for protecting others from the evil deeds of evil men,

Eric The(NorShouldTheStateOfMichigan)Hun

Ugg, I knew someone was going to call me on it!

If there were a threat I perceived, I'd carry ANYWHERE in a heartbeat.

I simply don't feel like going through an exercise that, if somehow caught (which is only slightly less likely than someone shooting the church I go to up IMHO), would revoke my CPL.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:24:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 1:31:18 PM EST by Crpdeth]
Yes "we" carry in church...My wife and I both play instruments at our place of worship, and we both carry, one of my best friends also carrys his piece and sits in the opposite corner of the congregation from our location...I've heard this joke about the men with the machine guns over and over, but many has been the occasion when thugs thought they could rob a bunch of un-suspecting Christians who would probabally not fight back...Not the case in our church, threaten us with violence and we will send you to see the one we were tring to worship before you walked in.

Edit to add: Mac, read that handbook very well, read the sub articles concerning carry in a place of worship...In Texas, it sounds like you are not allowed, but upon further reading we find that indeed, there has to be a sign stating that it is forbidden, or the pastor has to tell you outright not to carry...Since the Pastor in my case is my Dad, he not only permits it, but is considering taking a CCL course himself.

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:36:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:
Yes, it is the American thing to do, this nation exist on a large part because of the black brigade, preachers that would drill the militia after the service, some colonial churches still have the original gun racks for rifles in them.

Men tacically took the outside and isle seats in case the church came under attack they could be first to assualt.

I heard (but cannot give a link or reference) that all the colonels but one in the Continental Army were Presbyterian elders.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:39:58 PM EST

I absolutely carry a weapon in church!

A church shooting at the Wedgeworth Baptist Church in nearby Fort Worth, Texas, is what motivated the Texas Legislature to permit CCW in churches and other places of worship!

You wouldn't want God's People to be disarmed now, would you?

Eric The(StillPacking)Hun

You can't carry in church in TX it is illegal! Check the CHL handbook.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:40:31 PM EST
Ok, be honest folks.

Who of you actually go to church?

I do, every Sunday.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:41:32 PM EST
No, 'cause I don't go to church
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:45:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:

I absolutely carry a weapon in church!

A church shooting at the Wedgeworth Baptist Church in nearby Fort Worth, Texas, is what motivated the Texas Legislature to permit CCW in churches and other places of worship!

You wouldn't want God's People to be disarmed now, would you?

Eric The(StillPacking)Hun

Read it again, old buddy.

You are mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:46:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 1:50:52 PM EST by sharky30]
I probably would if I went to church

this reminds me of the scene in The Patriot when the pastor joins the militia
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:57:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:07:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:

I did check it and had my Instructor elaborate on it while in class...So as I stated before.

Originally Posted By Crpdeth:
Read that handbook very well, read the sub articles concerning carry in a place of worship...In Texas, it sounds like you are not allowed, but upon further reading we find that indeed, there has to be a sign stating that it is forbidden, or the pastor has to tell you outright not to carry...Since the Pastor in my case is my Dad, he not only permits it, but is considering taking a CCL course himself.

~Crpdeth

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:23:43 PM EST
I prayed about it and God said to me, "What, are you stupid? Of COURSE I want you to carry in chuch! Your fellow church members may need your help someday."
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:44:52 PM EST
I'm the Financial Secretary at church. That means I have to deposit the money (among other duties) so I always pack.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:47:45 PM EST
I would carry in church, and any other place I damned well pleased. I don't care what the owners of such "private property" think about firearms.

My life is too important to be subject to the likes and dislikes of others.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:54:03 PM EST
In Virginia it's illegal to pack in church.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:59:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 4:16:50 PM EST by Bubbatheredneck]
Here is some info about Presbyterians and the Revolutionary War. All the Cols but one in the battle at Yorktown

http://www.scotchirish.net/Revolution%20and%20Civil%20War.php4

The prominence of Presbyterians in the Revolutionary army is noted by historian J. R. Sizoo: "When Cornwallis was driven back to ultimate retreat and surrender at Yorktown, all the colonels in the Colonial Army but one were Presbyterian elders. More than one-half of all the soldiers and officers of the American Army during the Revolution were Presbyterians." (quoted by Boettner, op. cit., p. 384)

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:02:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By bvmjethead:

Don't care.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:05:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:

Originally Posted By bvmjethead:

Don't care.

Till you get caught and get a felony conviction.......
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:09:24 PM EST
Unfortunately, under Ohio's CCW provision, places of worship are verboten unless specifically authorized.

Therefore, I "don't" carry in church.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:10:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 4:12:05 PM EST by aerod1]
My priest has NEVER seen me unarmed! I am carrying every Sunday. You see it is legal in Texas to carry in church. I know for a fact I am not the only one armed every Sunday at my church. There are at least 4 people armed every Sunday at our church.
BTW, my priest doesn't know and I consider it none of his business.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:19:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:29:58 PM EST
I do.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:21:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 5:21:53 PM EST by FLAL1A]
<------High church Anglican.

Carry every time I go to church/kid's school/drinking/recital.

I would much rather find myself saying "Jesus, I got arrested because . . . " than saying "Jesus, those people were tortured to death because . . . ."
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:32:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 5:35:07 PM EST by wganz]

Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:

I heard (but cannot give a link or reference) that all the colonels but one in the Continental Army were Presbyterian elders.

I'll look up the link later but the English referred to the war as the 'Presbyterian Revolution' due to the #&% of participants that were Presbyterians. Not a popular concept in these all too PC days.

Here's a few "All Presbyterian churches are shops of sedition"{a justification to the burning of a church and parsonage by Tarleton since they were used as a store house for guns by the Committee of Safety } and British rulers were prone to believe that the Presbyterian leaders had incited the rebellion of "Cousin America." Other references can be found. Google is your friend.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:06:34 PM EST
I almost always do, even when I'm working with the babies in the Nursery.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:18:51 PM EST
This is kinda suprising, but in a good way. I expected there to be a fair number of folk who would say "no, because God will protect us", or something similar. I guess one would come across more of those folk in an non-gun forumn.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:30:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By billclo:
This is kinda suprising, but in a good way. I expected there to be a fair number of folk who would say "no, because God will protect us", or something similar. I guess one would come across more of those folk in an non-gun forumn. hr

For someone who would say that I would reply, God also gave you a brain and expects you to make decisions to protect yourself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:46:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By ctprelude:

Originally Posted By billclo:
This is kinda suprising, but in a good way. I expected there to be a fair number of folk who would say "no, because God will protect us", or something similar. I guess one would come across more of those folk in an non-gun forumn.

For someone who would say that I would reply, God also gave you a brain and expects you to make decisions to protect yourself.

I wonder if alot of murder victims won't get to heaven only to be asked "So.....EXACTLY why didn't you defend yourself with a firearm???"

Top Top