Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2002 5:03:27 PM EDT
Beside my AR-15 target rifle I have also a SA TRP SS .45 carry pistol. Since its StainlessSteel in brushed natural color, have never liked the Cocobolo wood grips on it. I have looked at many types of grips including Ivory and plastic but none were on my taste as fit, finish or color (I want black). Only by chance I have discovered "AlumaGrips" in Phoenix Az. The grips are made from aluminum and the fit and finish is excellent. At the same weight as the wood panels, the aluminum ones are a superb addition to any pistol. Here is the link so you can judge for youself.
(this is not a plug, just info to share with fellow shooters)

http://www.alumagrips.com/
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are pretty sweet, thanks for sharing the link.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Which ones did you get?

I like the deluxe checkerd, black subdued logo.

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the black ones with Fleu-de-Lis on them (spelling?). Black grips on the silver gun is SHWEEEEETTTT...There are a lot of colors and paterns to chose from. Since I have handeled them I can say the picture does not do justice to them. They are much better looking in reality on the gun than the pictures. The price is very good, same as the wood panels. I have started t dislike the wood ones since they started to fade from the gun oils, crack from the impact and warp from he heat.. With aluminum all the problems are over.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url]www.alumagrips.com[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow! I just may have to bump up a 1911 on my 'want' list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top