Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 4:45:02 PM EDT
Any armchair doctors out there? My right eye has been driving me nuts all day, I have a hell of a time focusing my right eye. Wife spotted a little "something" next to my pupil but cant tell what, definetely on the surface but wont budge. She is bugging me to go to the doctor but I am a huge pussy when it comes to doctors. My question is this, will most anything on the surface eventually work it's way out of the eye? Friend of mine got metal in his eye once and he said the ER had to "grind" it out. If I have someone grind my eye I will cry like a little girl.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
umm, swallow next time?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
[Arnold]

It's not a toomah!!

[/Arnold]

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the doctor before you can't see out of that eye.

Tell him "I'm Rick-James Beotch!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Get yer  ass to the doctor before it gets worse.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Eye drops...........DO NOT rub it.............if you can't flush your eye out with water - see a Doc - but dont irritate it by rubbing more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
should have left Charlie Murphy alone.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
So are you Rick James or the Bitch...?

You need to see an ophthalmologist. It the FO is embedded in eye it's not going to get better. He'll just put a little coke in your eye to deaden it and remove FO. You'll have to put antibiotic drops in for a few days. No biggie...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!  You do NOT want to risk losing that eye!  Trust me, unless you're a pirate, having one eye is not all that spiffy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You need to see an ophthalmologist. It the FO is embedded in eye it's not going to get better. He'll just put a little coke in your eye to deaden it and remove FO. You'll have to put antibiotic drops in for a few days. No biggie...

Right now I'm the bitch, Charlie Murphy could kick my ass. Could someone just tell me that it will come out by itself? Shit, I would stick a q-tip in there if I could.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right now I'm the bitch, Charlie Murphy could kick my ass. Could someone just tell me that it will come out by itself? Shit, I would stick a q-tip in there if I could.

Stick a K-bar in there it will come out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]
JHC!

Pull back you eyelid and stick your head under a faucet.

Wash it out.

Didn't your mother teach you this stuff?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Get a big bottle of saline solution, hold your eye open (with your hands) and stand or sit so that your head is facing straight down.  Have your wife flush the hell out of your eye with the saline.  (Anything nasty should go down and out because of the position of your head.  If you can't get it out that way, it's serious and you should get to a doc ASAP (even if it means the ER).
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Have your wife lick it out with her tongue. I saw a chick on ripleys believe it or not do it. She said she had licked stuff out the eyes of almost everyone in her village
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Having had a scratched cornea before, I'll tell you go to the Dr. now, if it's after hours - go to the ER now,  If it breaks loose, your eye will be fucked for much longer than the trip to the ER and back.

Being a pussy is no excuse - jeesh
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Go see a doctor & stop playing games with your eyeball.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]
As mentioned above, there are drops that a doctor will put in your eye that remove ALL SENSATION and you will feel nothing.  Then they can swab out the foreign object or remove it with a probe.  BTDT about 10+ times.  It's cake, trust me on this.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]
You have two... so WTF is the problem?

If you're that worried about it, at least have it checked out.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I once made the mistake of cutting braided cable on a bench grinder without any safety glasses. Needless to say, I managed to embed metal debris-dead center in the cornea. I didn't notice it right away. It was during the night that the real damage was occurring. During REM sleep a person's eyes move rapidly around. The exposed bit of metal was literally slashing the backside of my eyelid. There was tremendous fluid buildup from that damage. As a machinist, I've been to the eye surgeon's for metal in the eye on a few occasions. Absolutely don't hesitate to go get it removed. They will numb the eye and also shine a light in it that will reduce the tendency to blink protectively. It's not anything nearly as bad as you fear. Let the foreign matter infect your eye and you'll truly have something to fear!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I had metal in my eyes twice.

Once I took it out with a large magnet. Igot it close and you could see it pulling outward on the eyeball, moved it a little closer and the metal just popped out.

The second time, I couldn't remove it myself. The doctor numbed the eye, took it out with a hook, and then used a small grinder to grind away the part of the eye that rust had spread to. I had a good size hole in my eye which took a couple of weeks to heal.

Just don't drive home on a crowded freeway,into the setting sun, after he dialates your eyes, that was not fun.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any armchair doctors out there? My right eye has been driving me nuts all day, I have a hell of a time focusing my right eye. Wife spotted a little "something" next to my pupil but cant tell what, definetely on the surface but wont budge. She is bugging me to go to the doctor but I am a huge pussy when it comes to doctors. My question is this, will most anything on the surface eventually work it's way out of the eye? Friend of mine got metal in his eye once and he said the ER had to "grind" it out. If I have someone grind my eye I will cry like a little girl.

Are you Rick James, bitch?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The eye is one of those body parts that I would NOT delay in getting treatment for...

Go to the eye doctor
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I once made the mistake of cutting braided cable on a bench grinder without any safety glasses. Needless to say, I managed to embed metal debris-dead center in the cornea. I didn't notice it right away. It was during the night that the real damage was occurring. During REM sleep a person's eyes move rapidly around. The exposed bit of metal was literally slashing the backside of my eyelid. There was tremendous fluid buildup from that damage. As a machinist, I've been to the eye surgeon's for metal in the eye on a few occasions. Absolutely don't hesitate to go get it removed. They will numb the eye and also shine a light in it that will reduce the tendency to blink protectively. It's not anything nearly as bad as you fear. Let the foreign matter infect your eye and you'll truly have something to fear!

Dude, goggles!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
R-J, go to the eye doctor now.  You can try washing it out but by now your cornea and your eye lid are so irritated you won't know if you're successful.  What ever was in there is probably already gone, but there it makes no sense to take any chances.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
R-J, go to the eye doctor now.  You can try washing it out but by now your cornea and your eye lid are so irritated you won't know if you're successful.  What ever was in there is probably already gone, but there it makes no sense to take any chances.

And don't forget to tell your eye doctor you waited all day while he was at the office not to come in, but wanted to get him up at night when he's at home with his family.  He'll really appreciate it.

R.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#26]
dont rub!!!!  flush it out with saline too!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I've had good luck with those needle nose vise grips. However I'm not a doctor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top