Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/15/2006 12:13:46 PM EST
Popped in to Wally World to buy 3 45ACP value packs.

Two guys are standing at the counter, chatting about firearms while the one looks through a catalog of rifles...

The one guy mentions that he got his CCW, and ever since..."Sherriffs departments have been calling me trying to offer me a job".

I suspect he was a pirate/ninja, or something.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:17:45 PM EST
Did you get his screen name?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:17:59 PM EST
I'd say an idiot that wanted to brag about being able to carry a gun. When I get CCW I wont even tell my friends.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:20:19 PM EST
I used to play darts pretty regularly. It took several years to realize that they all had chl's
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:21:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By Throttle-Junkie:
Did you get his screen name?

I thought (briefly) before posting this "I wonder which ARFCOMMER I am going to offend with this thread?"...But, I decided an ARFCOMMER would not have said something like that.

Or would they?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:24:00 PM EST
You should have said, "My company is looking for a janitor as well. Need an application?"
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:34:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 12:35:12 PM EST by capnrob97]
While buying my new AK yesterday, a couple early 20s guys were drooling over a Glock (while muzzle-sweeping everyone in the store). The guy wanting to buy it, trying to show off for his friend and negotiate a deal, says, ok, I'll take it, if you throw in a silencer with it"

Everyone in the store stopped talking and turned around to look at this...

The salesman just took the Glock from him, put it back in the case, and went to help another customer.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to work there for a week just to hear the all the BS (just a week, then it gets old, I assume).
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:38:48 PM EST
Too funny.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:38:56 PM EST
I was in Wally world this morning scooping up range food myself. Guy behind the counter mentioned that he doesnt shoot handguns, just "223" through his M4. At first i thought this dude was a total poser, then I realized that if he was for real, perhaps he posts here.

He mentioned something about going through a "crate of like 1000 rounds" and seemed impressed by that amount of ammo. That leads me to beleive that he isnt a regular around these parts since 1000 is generally the smallest amount most of us even buy .223 / 5.56 in

Its always fun to see what kind of reaction I will get when picking up several hundred dollars worth of ammo at a Walmart. Today was a light day, about 1000 rounds of assorted .40S&W, 9mm, and .38 - maybe 30-40 lbs. I have gotten some strange looks. I have yet to get stopped by the door nazi - that will be an interesting day no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:39:03 PM EST
I believe it. Ever since I got mine, Delta Force and the SEALS recruiters won't leave me alone.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:40:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By capnrob97:
While buying my new AK yesterday, a couple early 20s guys were drooling over a Glock (while muzzle-sweeping everyone in the store). The guy wanting to buy it, trying to show off for his friend and negotiate a deal, says, ok, I'll take it, if you throw in a silencer with it"

Everyone in the store stopped talking and turned around to look at this...

The salesman just took the Glock from him, put it back in the case, and went to help another customer.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to work there for a week just to hear the all the BS (just a week, then it gets old, I assume).

You must excuse these outstanding young men.

<­BR>

They thought they had walked into the V.I.P. discount back room at THUGS R US ! ! !
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:56:09 PM EST
What always amazes me every time I go to buy ammo is all the high school/college posers acting cool for their friends always exclaim, "whoa, they sell full metal jacket rounds here! Those are awesome!" and begin describing their nigh-godlike armor-piercing abilities.

I usually don't say anything, just snicker and walk out with my purchase. I got tired of outing idiots in front of all their friends long ago, so unless it's something utterly retarded or potentially dangerous, I don't say anything.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:56:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By madmedic:
Sherriffs departments have been calling me trying to offer me a job".

Here's the loophole in his story.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:58:05 PM EST
Actually,
I've noticed that since I got a membership on Arfcom,
my Email filter has caught litterally hundreds of adds
from various places that pertained to becoming a cop.

"Free training available,many locations available,
good benefits,blah ,blah,blah..."
Their real enough sounding recruitmemnt adds.

Maby it was one of the various gun adds I clicked on.

Who knows ?

I think if they knew how old and out of shape I was,
they wouldn't waste their time sending me
recruitment information.
Anyone else here get that ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:04:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By MisterC:

"Will your work for me?"

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:04:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By MisterC:

LOL...Hey, it was a doubletap.
Top Top