Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2002 12:07:23 PM EDT
I bought a FAL recently that was advertised as having an IMBEL receiver.  I noticed that on the receiver there were no IMBEL markings, so I contacted the dealer who I bought it from and this is what he told me...

Most IMBEL receivers were marked, but the Inch ones were not...the L1A1 is an inch gun.

This response seems to not answer the question directly in my opinion, but it would seem that even inch receivers would have to be marked with something that designates it as an IMBEL... Certainly, there must be some way to find out if it is an IMBEL, right?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you specifically wanted the inch receiver, I'd take it back to him.

Metric mags are much cheaper. I don't beleive metric mags can be used with inch receivers.

(Anyone feel free to correct me)

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I didn't really know the difference between inch and metric, so I don't think that it would really be fair to return it for that reason...besides, I bought it on gunbroker.com and it would be a real pain in the arse!

I did want an IMBEL though as I know they are of good quality and would return it if I find out that it is not an IMBEL receiver as advertised...
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both inch & metric. Bothe are Imbel. The inch is a Century build and is marked as a Imbel imported by century. The metric is an Enterprise imported Imbel. Again, both of mine are marked as Imbels.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.snipercountry.com/roster/AllArchives/duty082000.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
G-man is correct. Metric mags will work in either. In the inch gun, they may cause a feed failure though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you tell the difference between an inch mag and a metric mag???
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
inch mag has a "bump" on the front that corresponds to a "slot" or "depression" in the front of the mag well of the inch reciever.
Not to pick on you, but wouldn't it have been wise to learn this stuff prior to spending $500 or so on a rifle? Look a www.falfiles.com for some real good info.
Scott
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
FAL files is down, and has been for awhile now... Look, like I said, I didn't care if it was inch or metric... I just wanted it to be Imbel.

I bought it on gunbroker, so there was no way for me to inspect it before buying it...
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Fal Files is not down. I was just there.
Try again. Message board is the area I was using for referance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top