Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 8:16:55 PM EDT
So I was in Longs Drugs in Emeryville, CA which is adjacent to Berkely.

The lady at the cash register said "Merry Christmas"

I was shocked.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have been offended.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I was shocked.

I wouldn't be...but I see why you should be...the liberal left is out to neutralize Christmas and what it represents.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Didja draw down?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would have been offended.

I was perplexed.

I was expecting a kwanzaa greeting
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was shocked.

I was checking out at a grocery store the other day and I said "merry christmas" to the the ringer and immediately corrected myself and said "I mean happy holidays or whatever" the cashier said "you got it right the first time."  That made me smile as I left.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
On my way home I drive by this little bridal shop.... They have a sign out front that usually displays some pithy or witty message....
Today it read:

"Tell someone Merry Christmas, While it's still legal"

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
A sweet little old lady today told me "Merry Christmas or whatever the fucking democrats are calling it these days"  I just busted up laughing at a sweet little old lady talking like that and said Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The Unit Manager told all of us Merry Christmas at work today, I damn near fell over
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I dropped a few bucks in the salvation army ringers tub this afternoon and she said "have a blessed holiday" I replied "you have a wonderful christmas too" and told her thanks for doing a great job

Gary
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A sweet little old lady today told me "Merry Christmas or whatever the fucking democrats are calling it these days"  I just busted up laughing at a sweet little old lady talking like that and said Merry Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top