Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:45:05 PM EDT

I've heard about it but I never really got the whole story. Does anyone have news link?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah,  "The Man in the Pink Gi,"  Gene Le Bell is a kick ass dude.
I have heard the story as well that he put a choke hold on Segal and he couldnt get out of it.  Never saw any news accounts though and Gene does not mention it on his website.
The other story about Bruce Lee is true. He put Bruce in a firemans carry and ran back and forth across of a movie set with Lee threatening to kick his ass if he didnt put him down.   He was friends with both Bruce and Brandon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]

I had heard that Segal was talking shit to Chuck Norris trying to start some shit and Chuck basically blew him off. This is when Gene steps up and spanks Segal's ass.

True story? Segal is a asshole.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
where ? when ? how?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I am reminded of the scene in the first Indiana Jones movie where Indy comes across a large arab with a sword showing off.
Indy's response........BANG
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Segal was cool for his first few movies, then his self-made mythology
started to unravel.
The part about the mob trying to extort $$$ from him seems true and it
accounts for his years of absense from movies. Unfortunately he's
really let himself go, and he's really out of shape.  Returning to fighting trim and
a good movie might help him stage a comeback. This pitiful made-for cable
movies he's doing now are just sealing his fate as a has-been.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
He needs to get back in shape, get some decent writers and do Under Siege 3...  Buncha ragheads try to capture a aircraft carrier, lol, I don't know...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Latley his stuff has seemed kinda bootleg and halfassed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard he's lost his mind and believes alot of the movies he was in were real accounts of his life.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
He also really needs to touch up on that hair-weave he has going on in the front of his head.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have heard the story from one of his students I trained grappling with.  It was on some movie set where Gene Lebell was a stunt consultant.  Segal and Gene were working on a move and Segal said he could escape with a strike to the groin.  Gene quickly locked in the choke and Segal was out -- pissed his pants.  Segal challenged Gene again the next day and got choked out again, pissed his pants for the second time.  Segal filed a gag order and anyone on the set who talked about it could be sued.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top