Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:38:59 AM EDT
They took nearly everything good, too. hank
I thought I was mad that some scuz-bucket of human filth broke into my home and took what ever the hell they wanted, then the police came by...

The guy stood in my doorway (he didn't want to look around) and told me that "IF we even file a report, it'll just sit on someone's desk.  Unless, you talk to your neighbor and your neighbor says 'I saw Ray-Ray break into your house' then we may be able to do something.  So, do you still want to make a report?" h,

I was so ticked off that I just told him the big things that we were missing and got the report number.  

And my husband just called me with an update.

He's been going around the neighborhood this morning doing what the police said they wouldn't do, investigating a burglary. Neighbor gave a discription of a man that he saw lurking around our place yesterday.  Handly man said that he saw some big black bags infront of a nearby house.  So, he's going to contact the cops and see if maybe that'll get their asses in gear.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow.

rezula . you should of mentioned they took off with 2 dozen fresh crispy cremes and you would of had the Dept out there..  

did your husband find out if anyone else in the area was hit also . ?

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
that's inexcusable
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]
No word yet on if anyone else got hit.  Looks like we were the "lucky" ones...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
*****UPDATE********

For those of you that care to know, and by the look of the replies it doesn't look like much...i just got off the phone with my husband and he is waiting outside of the theif's house now with the land lord waiting for the cops to show up.  The kid that did it will not say where our stuff is, but he did say that he took it.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
you gotta be shitting me!

edit :
oh BTW
rezula  is a co-worker of mine  . ive known her for about 3 yrs.. she and her husband are good people..    

ok back to the thread..  

hope its the same cop that showed up when you called that  your house was broken into ..

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice! This reminds me that I need to get a safe after my next gun purchase.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I am calling

How woudl you know that the thief used two big black bags to remove your stuff? Hwo woudl your husband know that is what to look for?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am calling

How woudl you know that the thief used two big black bags to remove your stuff? Hwo woudl your husband know that is what to look for?
Maybe their luggage is missing?

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice! This reminds me that I need to get a safe after Beforemy next gun purchase.

fixed
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
This calls for a tag!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am calling

Maybe their luggage is missing?

Kharn

And then the thief just left those same bags laying in plain view on his front porch just a couple houses down? Come on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#12]
And then the thief just left those same bags laying in plain view on his front porch just a couple houses down? Come on.

she did say it was a kid..

im talking to her on the phone right now..
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm so sorry I failed to mention that.  

I play soccer, and I use a black duffle back to cart all of my soccer crap around, that was missing, and my soccer crap was thrown all over the living room.  

We have a huge black suit case that we keep in the spare bedroom, that was missing.

That's how my husband found them.  He saw our bags in the front lawn waiting for the trash guys.

Call BS again!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The guy stood in my doorway (he didn't want to look around) and told me that "IF we even file a report, it'll just sit on someone's desk.  Unless, you talk to your neighbor and your neighbor says 'I saw Ray-Ray break into your house' then we may be able to do something.  So, do you still want to make a report?" uh, fuck yeah, I still want to make a report you jackass!

I realize that the police cannot protect you from crime.  They cannot be everywhere.  But solving crimes is something they should shine at.  A detective should have accompanied the patrol guys and at least dusted for prints.  Earned big points for the police department in the neighborhood.  Now folks in this neighborhood are going to get the impression the cops aren't even going to do the minimal investigation of major burglaries.  Pretty soon the burglars are going to realize this too, and target this and other nearby neighborhoods.  And what will the police response be?  Probably start a campaign to hire more cops because the crime rate.....  oh.  Now I get it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#15]
OST....details are sketchy...

ETA:  okay now I get it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you live in an apartment? How did they get into your home? Kick in the door? Through a window?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I realize that the police cannot protect you from crime.  They cannot be everywhere.  But solving crimes is something they should shine at.  A detective should have accompanied the patrol guys and at least dusted for prints.  Earned big points for the police department in the neighborhood.  Now folks in this neighborhood are going to get the impression the cops aren't even going to do the minimal investigation of major burglaries.  Pretty soon the burglars are going to realize this too, and target this and other nearby neighborhoods.  And what will the police response be?  Probably start a campaign to hire more cops because the crime rate.....  oh.  Now I get it.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
taggage to see where this goes.

So your husband saw your black bags out waiting for the trash guy to come?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice! This reminds me that I need to get a safe after Beforemy next gun purchase.

fixed

I was gonna do that if you hadn't. Safe should be the #1 priority.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
Do you live in an apartment? How did they get into your home? Kick in the door? Through a window?

Window.  A very high small window.  Screen ripped off and window was wide open when I got home.  Not an apartment.  Good old trailer park.  No dusting for prints, it was pouring down rain last night.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
taggage to see where this goes.

So your husband saw your black bags out waiting for the trash guy to come?  

They were waiting out in front of the thief's place.  Actually, the maintence guy saw them, and had just talked to my husband, and he let us know about that.  

You don't have to be smart to be a thief.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Window.  A very high small window.  Screen ripped off and window was wide open when I got home.  Not an apartment.  Good old trailer park.  No dusting for prints, it was pouring down rain last night.  

were you at home during this?

was anyone at home during this?

were any firearms taken?  ammo?  

Good luck, I hope you get everything back...I'm just a little curious about the circumstances.  I've never had a break in so I'd like to know a thief's general modus operandi.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fixed

I was gonna do that if you hadn't. Safe should be the #1 priority.

I actually only own 3 guns.One of those is even on me at all times, so a safe hasn't been a huge priority. I know I should have one anyway, hence the embarrassed smilie.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

were you at home during this?

was anyone at home during this?

were any firearms taken?  ammo?  

Good luck, I hope you get everything back...I'm just a little curious about the circumstances.  I've never had a break in so I'd like to know a thief's general modus operandi.

I wasn't at home when this happened.  I think the guys were trying to check out the neighborhood.  A few days ago, one of the guys came up to the house and wanted to know if we wanted them to mow the lawn.  

No ammo or firearms in the house.  I glad that I put off getting any.  They would have gotten those too.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy stood in my doorway (he didn't want to look around) and told me that "IF we even file a report, it'll just sit on someone's desk.  Unless, you talk to your neighbor and your neighbor says 'I saw Ray-Ray break into your house' then we may be able to do something.  So, do you still want to make a report?" uh, fuck yeah, I still want to make a report you jackass!

The burglars already know this.  The logic is that you should have insurance on your stuff.  If you stuff is replaced by insurance, it is like the crime never happened.

Why investigate or make a report on crime that never happened?

My dad's house was robbed by a bunch of kids on ATV's in FL.  Neighbors saw kids riding off with stuff but since no names were known the police said there wasn't much they could do.  

My dad also had a large sum of cash stashed in his house.  A week later, a buddy my dad let rent a room from him, stole that cash and dissappered.

The cops came again to make a report.  Even though my dad knew who did it, the cops still wouldn't do anything unless my dad could prove the guy had the money.  Hello?  Isn't that the cops job??  WTF!

AND to top that off, while the cops showed NO interest in going after the bad guys, they got all into my dad's business about why he had so much money stashed to begin with!

He was going through a divorce was expecting to cleaned out by his soon to be ex.

About 5 years later the statute of limitations ran out.  My dad's buddy's ex-wife calls up and says she has the proof that the money was deposited into her account!  The judge wouldn't reopen the case.  Turn's out that guy was stealing his ex-wife retirement checks too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#26]
update..  cops have not arrived yet  ..

Husband has the guy cornered in the house and cops dont show..  wow.

if he goes in and gets him.. he gets arrested .

fun world,.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Quoted:

fun world,.

And to top it all off, my husband's phone is either off or dead (they stole the charger for his phone last night, too.)  So I have no idea what's going on...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#28]
OST
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Tagorama
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#30]
*****Update**********

I just got off the phone with my husband.  The cops showed up and they recovered most of the stuff, but they haven't arrested the punk that says that he robbed us.  He's still a "suspect".  I guess they are waiting for my husband to go track down his buddy for them.  Still trying to track down the laptop, tv, and pda phone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
*****UPDATE********

For those of you that care to know, and by the look of the replies it doesn't look like much...

Easy now.. I dont wake up until 10:30am
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

fun world,.

Hope you get your stuff back.  Are we getting updates from 1 or 2 people?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#33]
2 people. Cluster keeps calling me and tries to beat me to arf.com with the update. he

We knew it was kids when they didn't take the whiskey...

At least I can still drink!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fun world,.

2 people as of now..

me and her  ..

but she has not gotten the "hang" of arfcom yet and still works most of the day instead of posting.

edit:

she beat me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#35]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

fun world,.

2 people as of now..

me and her  ..

but she has not gotten the "hang" of arfcom yet and still works most of the day instead of posting.
he

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
*****UPDATE********

For those of you that care to know, and by the look of the replies it doesn't look like much...

i just got off the phone with my husband and he is waiting outside of the theif's house now with the land lord waiting for the cops to show up. The kid that did it will not say where our stuff is, but he did say that he took it.  

Call off the cops. Tell them it was all a big misunderstanding.

Get the kid in your trunk, and out into the woods somewhere. Take the "Man On Fire" DVD as a training aid. A few hours later and a few fingers short he'll tell you EXACTLY where all your stuff is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*****UPDATE********

i just got off the phone with my husband and he is waiting outside of the theif's house now with the land lord waiting for the cops to show up. The kid that did it will not say where our stuff is, but he did say that he took it.  

Sounds like thats the way the cops are acting now
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*****UPDATE********

Get the kid in your trunk, and out into the woods somewhere. Take the "Man On Fire" DVD as a training aid. A few hours later and a few fingers short he'll tell you EXACTLY where all your stuff is.

+1
I was thinking almost the same thing...especially if this is an urban youth, they tend to be afraid of the dark and the woods when their are no street lamps around, so go out aways in the middle of the night, and just let him know of all the evil things that lurk in the dark that love to prey on bleeding helpless thiefs that are tossed out of a trunk, in the middle of no where...I'm sure he would sing like a canary at christmas time!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
2 people. Cluster keeps calling me and tries to beat me to arf.com with the update.

And the reason they didn't arrest the punk that said he stole my stuff, he said that he didn't break in to the house, that his friend across the street is the one that did the actual b&e and he's the one with all the high dollar stuff.  Punk kids.  

Posession of stolen property isn't illegal in yourtwn?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#41]
tag.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#42]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
2 people. Cluster keeps calling me and tries to beat me to arf.com with the update. he

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's a mini-update for those of you that just woke up...he
Still no arrests.  They have said that they want to wait for the warrants so that the charges "stick".  Everyone involved (husband, landlord, friends, family) is super pissed about that.  

And one of the thieves isn't at home right now, he's at work.  While my husband has called into work so that he can babysit the one thief that they won't arrest yet!

I'm so glad that I came to work today.  My arms would be so tired from beating that kid. 15 yr old kid that wasn't in school because his parents knew that he was failing everything and are going to just let him retake the grade over next year.  That's just pathetic on so many levels.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Sounds like you need to post all this in the TX HTF and call in an Arfcom firemission.  BBQ with open carry at your house maybe?  How do you think the little punk ass bitches would feel staring down 50 armed Arfcommers wanting your stuff back?  You know where they live, after all....

BTW- sounds like the punk's got greeeaaat parents.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Rezula,

I'm so glad you and your hubby at least know who did it and have recovered some of your property.  I hope you are able to recover the rest soon, and that the scumbags go to jail.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks to everyone for your support!  Still no word from my husband on if any arrests have been made.  I've been going nuts at work wondering about what's going on!  I don't think I got much work done today... h.gif

I'll be sure to update the Hive Mind when I get more info.  And hopefully, my next post will be from my recovered laptop!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
*****UPDATE********
 The kid that did it will not say where our stuff is, but he did say that he took it.  

... WTF
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#48]
are there any updates?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't wait for the LEOs - DRAW DOWN!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Dang. I'm interested in how all this pans out. I'm sure your going nuts right now, I'd be having coniption fits!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top