Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 5:48:26 PM EDT
I was watching my newly acquired copy of True Lies when my wife posed this question:

When this film was made, before 9/11, it was OK to have MUSLIM terrorists as the bad guys in a movie, where they were shown as evil, maniacal men bent on killing lots of Americans.

But now, AFTER 9/11, there are no movies showing muslims terrorists as the bad guys.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Because now it is more realistic and people get upset.

The only people to blame are Hollywood and the viewing public.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
repeat after me:

hollywood does not and will not make sense

hopefully this will lead you to enlightenment, if not, then I am of no further help to you
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
backlash maybe? I know it's been enough time but we remember Billy Bob telling off Baboo at the local 7 eleven.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I need to watch that movie again. I love it when a terrorist goes down. Not enought of those videos around.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Remeber that movie "The Siege"?

I don't see that flick ANYWHERE!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw it at Target on Monday for 9.99
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Because 9/11 was caused by stuff like "True Lies". Its our fault dontcha know?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not Hollywoods fault that you don't see stuff like that post 9-11.  If they did the general public would have a shit fit about Hollywood being insensitive and trying to scare said public.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top