BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 8:06:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
find them, then throw the mashed mailbox into there windsheild. The other way to get even is to fill it with concrete, then sit around the E.R. waiting for a kid with a broken arm to come in.  [smash]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't mailboxes owned by the US. Government?

Wasn't there a law passed a few years ago making destruction of US Government property punishable by death?

Save the tax payers the money, go mail-box-masher hunting next time, I do beleive there is no limit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Put a one gallon can of paint just inside your mailbox, lid towards the door. Just press the lid on tight enough to keep it on.

Make sure it is bright orange enamel or something similar.

_FS
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Full_Spectrum,

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't mailboxes owned by the US. Government?

Wasn't there a law passed a few years ago making destruction of US Government property punishable by death?

Save the tax payers the money, go mail-box-masher hunting next time, I do beleive there is no limit.
View Quote

mail deposit boxes are government property. personal mailboxes are not.  otherwise why would you have to buy them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#8]
if it were my mailbox i would wait out there for him with3 things1:paintball gun2:high powered pellet gun 3:.45 would that be nice
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
this happened quite frequently to my grandmother living in a remote area until I helped her out, most of the smashes are "driveby" with baseball bat, playing malebox baseball.  The get even fix was to place the mailbox inside of an eight inch steel pipe mounted horizontilly, that I welded onto a three inch section vertically mounted and sunk three feet into the ground.  I can immagine the look and feel at the next driveby when they shattered the bat (the parts were everywhere) and got there bell rung from the vibration and shock.  That was the last repair/replacement that was ever nneded.
TRW
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
fill it with concrete like somone said on here a while back
View Quote

I did that!  It was the third time it got crushed & I filled it up!  Unfortunately the bastards never returned so I never got to enjoy the results.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh man....

After that movie "Stand by Me" came out- where Keifer Sutherland and the "bad kids" play mailbox baseball?

2 days after my friend Alec got his license, he borrowed moms convertable, and I swear we decimated every mailbox for a 100 sq. mile radius.

Around here, it's the bubba's in the drucks who bull-doze them over.

Either way- if it's anchored right, you can be sure that it will do more damage to whatever hits it than the cost of the mailbox itself. Little consolation, since ya still have to buy a new mailbox- but they will have to spend $800 on a new bumper and quarterpanel.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#15]
This happened to us about three times when I was in high school.  Where I'm from they don't baseball them they clip them with their bumpers or bull bars and knock them down.  After the third time my dad got so pissed I thought he was gonna have a heart attack.  After about a half hour he got the tractor with the post hole digger on it and dug a four foot post hole.  Then he put a steel pipe in it and filled the pipe and the concrete with  cement and put a new mailbox on it.  Then he put that hollow plastic downspout stuff over the pipe and painted it white like the old wooden post was.  The whole time he was working he never said a word.

Nothing happened for about a month. Then one night we were sitting there watching tv really late and heard the most god-awful commotion out front you've ever heard.  We went running out there and there was plastic and glass everywhere.  The mailbox pole was canted at about a 45 degree angle with a huge gouge in it.  There was a mangled piece of trim in the ditch.

My dad just surveyed the carnage with this huge grin.  I've never seen him so satisfied.

He put a new mailbox on the bent post and it sits there unmolested to this day.  It was awesome.

Crash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top