Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2011 11:22:14 AM EDT
In the most recent thread about "Tombstone" somebody mentioned that they liked "Wyatt Earp" better.  Never Seen Wyatt Earp so in the interest of fairness I figured I should watch said movie before passing judgment.  Fast forward to yesterday when I was in my local China mart when low and behold I see two bluray movies bundled together (should have been my first hint) one of which was Wyatt Earp (the other was the Assassination of Jesse James).

Now I can't come out and say that it was the worst movie I have ever seen because that would be untrue. But for someone to say that it is better than Tombstone is nothing short of heresy. I give it at best a 4 out of 10 and I doubt I will ever have the time to waste watching it again.

So to the poster who claimed that it was better you owe me ten bucks which is exactly half the cost of the bundle. That is all.

ETA I accept paypal, postal m.o. or personal checks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't you owe me 20?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Tombstone = 4 stars
Wyatt Earp = 2.5 stars maybe

I suggest you search out the old thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tombstone = 4 stars

I hope that's a 4 out of 5 stars.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tombstone = 4 stars

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tombstone = 4 stars

absolutely
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Open Range 5 of 5

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Open Range 5 of 5

Fuuuuuuuuuu......

That movie sucked.

Wyatt Earp was a little long, though not entirely boring.  Kevin Costner still can't act.

What set apart Tombstone was Val Kilmers Doc Holiday.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The girl who portrayed Wyatt Earp's wife in Wyatt Earp was way better looking than anyone in Tombstone.

IMO, of course.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Waterworld was a lot better.  Go buy that one.

If you can find it in a bluray bundle with Ishtar, buy 2.  You'll want backups...
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Anytime you stack a movie that is made for action and entertainment against a movie that attempts historical accuracy, the historical one is going to come off worse.

Tombstone was better, mostly because "Wyatt Earp" didn't try to make the lead character likable. Which he really wasn't, for most of the movie.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kittens and orphans everywhere are crying because of you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#14]
IN Tombstone, they made a big deal about Johnny Ringo.  In WE, they just gave him 2 secs of screen time and had to actually say his name because everyone knew him from Tombstone.  Oh and WE sucked.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wyatt Earp is a better film than Tombstone in many ways... but Tombstone is more fun and entertaining for most viewers, thus far more popular.

This. I like Wyatt Earp, but while I've seen it a couple of times...I've seen Tombstone dozens.

(I'm not the guy who owes you $ either. )

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wyatt Earp is a better film than Tombstone in many ways... but Tombstone is more fun and entertaining for most viewers, thus far more popular. I've seen each several times and enjoy them both for what they are. YMMV.

(And, FTR, I ain't the one from that thread/the guy who "owes you money." )

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree.  Wyatt Earp seemed too stiff for lack of a better term.  The acting was forced almost as if they were reading from a script for the first time.  Seeing Michael Madsen in a western was too unreal as well.  Really the only thing I thought was good was the cinematography.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wait. What?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait. What?

He wants to see a "Somebody owes me ten bucks: Part 2" thread.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top