Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2009 11:25:43 AM EDT
I spent spring break wandering around New York City.  I'd never been there before, so I took a ton of pictures, these are my two favorites.   Camera is a Canon Rebel XSi, this was my first real outing with it, I've been on point and shoot pieces up until now.  Looking for a feedback or tips from the pros, be as brutal as you like, I've got to learn to use this thing one way or another.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The first one would benefit from having been more metered on the sky, I think.  It is a lot of washed out real estate to deal with.  Nice comp, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Shenanigans

I like the second one.  Kinda moody.  Might be better if the main subject was not dead center.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shenanigans

I like the second one.  Kinda moody.  Might be better if the main subject was not dead center.

Shenanigans on what?  

Its a real shame the Chrysler building isn't completely visible from here.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#4]
In your sig line.  I just wanted to see if you would choke me.  Apparently not
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In your sig line.  I just wanted to see if you would choke me.  Apparently not

lol, i get it now.  thought for a moment there you were claiming that the pictures weren't really my work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The photo of Radio City would have been improved with a nice long exposure to capture the movement of the cars.

Also, the photo of the skyline is nice.  But... DAMN YOU MET LIFE BUILDING!  IF that were not there, it'd be an even more excellent shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top