Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 8:03:07 PM EDT
Ga. Man Watches Disaster Movie, Burns Home

CORDELE, Ga. - There was no "Day After Tomorrow" for Charles Alton Adams' mobile home, which the south Georgia man told police he set on fire after watching the disaster movie and drinking beer.    

Adams, 32, walked into the Crisp County Law Enforcement Center early Thursday and told deputies he had burned down the doublewide home.

He told deputies that after watching "The Day After Tomorrow," a special-effects extravaganza depicting deadly natural disasters caused by global warming, and drinking nine or 10 beers, he decided to set fire to pillows on his bed.

When asked why, Crisp County Sheriff Donnie Haralson said, "I have asked that question myself. ... The whole thing just doesn't really make sense."

Haralson said Adams was been charged with arson. He remained jailed Friday as family members attempted to raise money for his bond.

I can image what the ad in the paper would look like:

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a real rocket scientist right there, I tell ya...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Coincidentally, I watched that movie last night also. The only thing I would have burned was the DVD.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
as long as he don't start breeding or splitting
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
That must have been some good beer.
Maybe he thought he should get a nice fire going so he'd be ready for the ice age.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
When asked why, Crisp County Sheriff Donnie Haralson said,
"I have asked that question myself. ... The whole thing just doesn't really make sense."

Being a drunk myself, I can unfortunately relate

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
This guy is definately a "DARWIN AWARD" Nominee!!!h.gif
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's your sign.....

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe he was just doing his neighbors a favor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top