Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 10:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 12:04:15 PM EDT by Freakzilla]
I think that Gods plan for us is the same as it was in the beginning with Adam and Eve, he just wants to walk beside us every day, just as he did in the garden of eden. He wants our companionship, he wants to talk to you, and he is tired of being ignored by you and me, he wants our attention. Before you think of this as a lowly purpose, consider that you will be with the one who created the universe, fulfilling the purpose for which you were created and thus the only thing that can give you eternal happiness.

To understand hell, you must understand God.

God is perfect, it might help to think of God as pure light, no shadow, no darkness can exist within it. And that is exactly the problem, WE are the darkness! God did not make hell for us, but instead, we choose to go to hell by choosing to forsake God in our lives, we choose to ignore him. We choose not to accept the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Thus we condemn ourselves to the "outer darkness" as the bible says. When we choose to live without God, we never reach our ultimate purpose for being created.

This torment of never being with God, never fulfilling the very purpose of your creation, is hell. And those that are there will wish that it is mearly a lake of fire bringing physical pain.

Does God know the future? Yes he does. Look at it like this, if you create something, lets say a machine, to do something when you push a button, and if you had INFINATE WISDOM (such as God does) about the inner workings of this machine (hey, you built it). When you push that big red button, you will know what every part is doing, and every part’s EXACT location, for every single second until the machine performs its ultimate purpose.

In the same manner, God created every bit of matter in the universe, every atom, and placed every single atom in its starting location how many ever Billons of years ago, then, after he built this machine called the universe, and after creating every law of physics, he pushed the start button and set them loose, knowing all the while that someday, your parents would meet, you will be born, and even knowing what those chemicals in your brain will make you think. Even that you will read this.

When you look into the sky and see the wind blowing those beautiful feathery clouds about in seemingly random patterns, or if you are going though hard times for some reason, know that nothing is random about it, and it has been decreed by the creator from the beginning of time, and it has its purpose that someday, when you are with God, you will understand.

Just some thoughts, I do not limit God by these Meditations, nor am I pretending to know all the answers.

God bless all of you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:28:53 AM EDT
I highly enjoyed your read. Thank you for sharing that.
Top Top