Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 5:52:41 PM EDT
I was sitting at the computer when I heard this insistent mewing from outside my window. As I'm on the second floor in a college dorm, this is unusual. So I put on my hat and coat, walked downstairs and outside. Once there, I found a small kitten fleeing from various people trying to catch or coax it. Being at one with nature, I managed to convince the little sucker to hold still long enough for me to snag it and cuddle it up to get warm. Once it discovered I had no plans for eating it and that I was nice and warm, it shut up and quit squirming.

Now what the heck am I supposed to do? The little guy is way too small to be out on his own, nobody is allowed to have pets on campus (except fish), and when I called animal control I discovered they won't do diddly-squat until the morning. So I wandered over toward the apartments to see if a friend could hold on to it until morning and discovered some people having a party. The kitten was quite unhappy being around such loud, scary people and tried to run, but I stuffed it inside my coat and it was happy to hide in there. As luck would have it, someone there recognized the cat and told me where its owner lived (practically on campus). I snagged a Dr. Pepper and dropped the kitten off where it belonged.

So, the cat went back where it belonged (how it wandered all the way to be outside my window, I don't know) and I got a free soda out of it. I guess some good deeds do go unpunished after all.
Almost. I'm still itching like crazy from the rash all over my torso and neck since I'm allergic to cats. But who cares.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Dr. Pepper rocks.

And you rock.

Good job man, you did a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the third cat I've rescued in a two week period. One was freezing to death, one was doing its level best to get killed by traffic, and the other one was lost, scared, and pitiful.

If this keeps up, I'm going to either change my title to Cat Wrangler or bring my .22 to campus.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is the third cat I've rescued in a two week period. One was freezing to death, one was doing its level best to get killed by traffic, and the other one was lost, scared, and pitiful.

If this keeps up, I'm going to either change my title to Cat Wrangler or bring my .22 to campus.

Good on ya! Just one question....where in Texas was it cold enough to freeze a kitten to death in the past two weeks?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good on ya! Just one question....where in Texas was it cold enough to freeze a kitten to death in the past two weeks?

I wasn't being literal, but it did get pretty darn cold earlier last week. Little guy was shivering for twenty minutes before he warmed up.

I can drive twenty minutes from my campus and reach the geographic center of Texas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top