Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 4:25:21 AM EDT

Leave promptly at 0730 for the range. About 6 miles down the road, I realized I'd forgotten my bag with eyes, ears and targets. Turn around, drive back home. Find range bag unpacked for some other excursion I'd forgotten about.

Grab junk, leave home. Abou 3 or 4 miles from home, realize I grabbed targets t and threw them in range bag, but forgot to throw in eyes and ears because the dog was distracting me. Haul ass back home. Get home, grab junk and...oh yeah, there's that holster I wanted to play with. Strap holster on, jump back in truck, head to range.

Round a corner down the road and reach into range bag for glasses....FUCK! Still forgot glasses. Fuckit. I'll go shooting later in the week. Today ain't my day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:28:24 AM EDT
that's a higher power lookin out for you heh. I've had that happen to me with stuff and figure if I didn't get it right the third time it was time to give up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:30:15 AM EDT
Make a list so that you can refer to it before you depart. I've got a list for when I am going camping or hunting.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:30:38 AM EDT
com'on man, this is why you pack the night before!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:30:50 AM EDT
And this, my friends, is how someone could possibly forget to unload their gun before they clean it and end up shooting themselves.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:31:38 AM EDT
Happened to me too. I had driven 40 miles to the range, kids in tow, 7am. We get there and I have no ears for anybody. We search the car and come up with one set of plugs. I'm about to begin breaking it to the kids that we can't shoot (without another long drive back to town) when a dude in an HVAC truck pulls up to the range. I sheepishly ask if he has any plugs and with a smile he breaks loose with a huge box of 'em. Kids faces light up and we're shootin'!

Since then I have kept several extra pair of everything in my range bag and a couple in the car too - and you can bet I'm happy to share.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:37:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
com'on man, this is why you pack the night before!

Normally, I do that. However, I got home from a long, aggravating night at work and needed to relax, so I figured busting some clays on the berm and trying for some good groups might help me decomrpess. Spur of the moment kind of thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:40:42 AM EDT
I used to either forget the box with the stapler or the box with the targets. I ended up buying a Plano Storage Box at Base Pro.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:18:04 AM EDT
How is your range bag not realy to go 24/7?

I could grab my bag at a moments notice, itll have loaded mags, targets, 2 pair eyes, 2 pair of ears, fully loaded with cleaning gear and minor gunsmithing stuff. Never know when youll have a imprompt range session.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:21:16 AM EDT
I forget stuff all the time when I go to the range......so I step back inside the house and get what i need and go back outside.....it can be a mother F'er.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:27:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
How is your range bag not realy to go 24/7?

I could grab my bag at a moments notice, itll have loaded mags, targets, 2 pair eyes, 2 pair of ears, fully loaded with cleaning gear and minor gunsmithing stuff. Never know when youll have a imprompt range session.

+1

I've got a backpack pre-stocked for just such occasions
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:28:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2010 8:29:35 AM EDT by MotorMouth]
Have you asked your doctor about Abilify?

ETA: I hate days like that, OP.
Top Top