Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 6:48:27 PM EDT
First of all, what is the quietest .22 LR made that will function in a bolt auction rifle? The powderless stuff that Agulia makes says the bullet may get stuck in the rifle.

I've got some bastard birds who keep getting into my attic...

Want it to be quiet so the neighbors don't spazz, although I'm outside of city limits, and have almost an acre sized lot.

Second, I have a Ramline 30 round 10/22 mag; is there some kind of cheap speedloader (that works) I can get for it? Biggest pain in the ass to load I've ever seen...

And finally, anybody have a Ruger 10/22 Jacaranza Limited Edition for 200ish? Or what about a NIB 10/22 Delux for 175ish???

Thanks,

ComputerGuy
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot the Agulia stuff in my bolt gun all the time, have yet to get it stuck.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have shot the Agulia stuff in my bolt gun all the time, have yet to get it stuck.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Same here.

CG,
for your unique situation, the primer only Aqulia sounds most fitting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
CCI CB Long.  Quiet.  Requires a re-sight in, point of impact will be different from regular ammo.  You are braver/luckier then me, the wife would kick my a$$ for intentionally firing in doors.
Art in KY
View Quote

Whoops, I mean to shoot them outside!! Lol... wouldnt ever shoot a gun in the house (unless I had to).. I sealed off a bird in the atic today. Bastards have broken through countless screens, and done a bunch of damage. Let the fvcker die.

Anybody interested in trading some of the Agulia ammo?  Don't need a whole brick (which is like 25 bucks, right?) Just a 100 to 200 rounds... Might be interested in some of that CCI CB Long too...

I've got mags and green followers to trade!

Thanks...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CCI CB Long.  Quiet.  Requires a re-sight in, point of impact will be different from regular ammo.  You are braver/luckier then me, the wife would kick my a$$ for intentionally firing in doors.
Art in KY
View Quote

Whoops, I mean to shoot them outside!! Lol... wouldnt ever shoot a gun in the house (unless I had to).. I sealed off a bird in the atic today. Bastards have broken through countless screens, and done a bunch of damage. Let the fvcker die.

Anybody interested in trading some of the Agulia ammo?  Don't need a whole brick (which is like 25 bucks, right?) Just a 100 to 200 rounds... Might be interested in some of that CCI CB Long too...

Thanks...
View Quote

I have a few hundred rounds I can spare. I have never mailed ammuntition and am not 100% on the applicable laws.  If it is OK with Johnny law, Im game to let you try it out.
I will add that the primer only Agulia (although SUPER quiet) suck at any substanial distances. Im not sure on the ballistics but, I would venture to say they have less power than a magnum sized air rifle.

Agulia also makes a subsonic, higher power .22 cartidge.

I would change my tune to suggest the CBs.

What kind of bird are you dealing with?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Art in KY
View Quote

Thanks...
View Quote

I have a few hundred rounds I can spare. I have never mailed ammuntition and am not 100% on the applicable laws.  If it is OK with Johnny law, Im game to let you try it out.
I will add that the primer only Agulia (although SUPER quiet) suck at any substanial distances. Im not sure on the ballistics but, I would venture to say they have less power than a magnum sized air rifle.

Agulia also makes a subsonic, higher power .22 cartidge.

I would change my tune to suggest the CBs.

What kind of bird are you dealing with?
View Quote

Just the black birds.. I forget their name, but they're really common.

I wouldn't mind trying out some of it, see how it compaires to the ole bb gun...

Have any of that high power subsonic stuff?

What would you take in trade?

BTW, All shots will be within 15 yards MAX, so I'm not too worried about power...

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0446310786.01.__PE_PIm.arrow,TopLeft,-2,-19_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not a pellet gun?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just the black birds.. I forget their name, but they're really common.

I wouldn't mind trying out some of it, see how it compaires to the ole bb gun...

Have any of that high power subsonic stuff?

What would you take in trade?

BTW, All shots will be within 15 yards MAX, so I'm not too worried about power...

Thanks
View Quote

Blackbirds=Grackles?

I would'nt want anything in trade, the stuff is cheap.

All the subsonic stuff I have is either common CCI or Rem.

Checkout [url]www.CheaperThanDirt.com[/url] I think they sell all that stuff.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Not Grackles.. starts with an S I believe...

(Not sparrow)
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Starlings
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not Grackles.. starts with an S I believe...

(Not sparrow)
View Quote

Spotted Owl?    [:D] LMAO
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Starlings
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#14]
CG, Ill look into the mailing of ammo. I have no clue. Feel free to email me on the transaction.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Natchez Shooters Supply

AU1B222337
In Stock

Aguila .22 Colibri 20GR SP, 50 rounds/box
This is a cartridge that contains no gunpowder. The little 20gr bullet is solely propelled by the powerful Eley priming mix. For this reason, it does not generate any significant pressure. Due to the lack of noise when fired, the .22 Colibri may be shot indoors, even in the living room, provided a proper back stop is available. It may be used to eliminate pests such as rats. It may be fired in any .22 LR rifle or pistol, however, it will not cycle the slide of semi-automatic guns. Has a solid point. Made of lead. Velocity of 375 fps. 6.00FT-Lb.
Warning: This cartridge is lethal at short and medium distances. All regular safety principles and precautions apply!

Brand: Aguila Ammunition
.22 COLIBRI 20GR. SP BOX 50

Sale! $1.23
Reg. Price: 1.45

This is really great stuff....I take out prarie dogs with them all the time!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't need a whole brick
View Quote

I bought some from Natchez ([url]www.natchezss.com[/url]) in 50 round boxes.  They were $1.23 per box of 50.z
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't need a whole brick
View Quote

I bought some from Natchez ([url]www.natchezss.com[/url]) in 50 round boxes.  They were $1.23 per box of 50.z
View Quote

Minmium order of $35.00 :-/
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Do they sell "CB" ammo at the local sporting goods store.  I think they sell them at WalMart also.

Awww just use the 12 gauge  [:D]

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Minmium order of $35.00 :-/
View Quote

They also have XM193 for $3.49 per box, so getting to $35 wouldn't be that hard[:)].z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top