Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 4:15:31 PM EDT

Wake Island (Self Explanitory)

There are bunkers and pill boxes all over the island.

8" gun brought in from Singapore during the war to defend the coast from allied forces.

The Old Pan Am sea plane base.

Sunset at Wake.

Cloud surfing!  Hard to see but we were cruising right at upper cloud level.  Very cool!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope you were careful in that helicopter.  Since they tweaked the AA missiles it is really easy to get shot down.

The Chinese still have the advantage on that map though

BTW - cool pics
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hope you were careful in that helicopter.  Since they tweaked the AA missiles it is really easy to get shot down.

BTW - cool pics

Actually we were in a C-130.  Waiting for clearance to climb..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

BTW - cool pics

word, 1.21 makes flying tough.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW - cool pics

Actually we were in a C-130.  Waiting for clearance to climb..

I knew it wasnt a helicopter, just making the comparison to the Battlefield 2 map accurate.

I wish I could have visited there when I was stationed on Okinawa.  I did get to visit Iwo Jima though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

BTW - cool pics

OMG!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool pics.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
some pics from my visit

http://www.i3d.nl/preview/bf2-wake2007/i3d-wake16.jp
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
very cool pics!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The game maps have the land elevation somewhat wrong.  Most of the island is only a few feet above sea level.  There are parts that is as pictured.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top