Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2001 10:48:52 PM EDT
If you are a LEO, get a new job before you end up the "whacko on the rooftop".

Your behavior seems very unusual.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Deputy Sheriff Jason Matthew Baker
Marion County Sheriff's Department, IN

Cause of Death: Gunfire
End of Watch: September 17, 2001
Date of Incident: September 17, 2001
Tour of Duty: 2 yr
Suspect Info: One shot and killed
Weapon Used: Assault rifle; AK-47

Deputy Baker was shot and killed following a high speed chase of four suspects. During the chase two of the suspects in the vehicle with AK-47 assault rifles opened fire, causing severe damage to Deputy Baker's cruiser, causing him to drop from the lead position in the chase. When the vehicle finally came to a stop shots were exchanged and Deputy Baker was fatally wounded. One of the suspects was shot and killed the next morning after exchanging shots with officers for eight hours. The other three suspects were apprehended.
Deputy Baker had been with the agency for two years.

It's not the Job that sucks, it's the idiots we have to deal with. Some with guns, some with big mouths. But either way, we still deal with them.

Rich
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, and you're not acting like an idiot?

Please explain to me how you're not... I'd really like to know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at it this way for a second Rich. When you find your perfect world you will be out of a job! As there will be no "idiots" to deal with.
Who shall protect their rights?? Not me, I am too busy trying to protect my own.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously dude, all this anger you're channeling up could be released on the next subject you encounter.

You are angry aren't you?

It's ok to be angry.  I guess this is your way of letting it out.  Better here than on the street.

My way would be to call credit card companies and scream at them.  I also used to take my dog for walks on the beach and watch her chase the other dogs.  

We are here to help.  

Edited for apostrophe...
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are messing it all up.

I'm trying to counsel the fella.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
He doesnt need counseling, he needs to get "jacked up" by an leo while he is on vacation away from his home turf. This way he will know what all the "idiots" feel like when it happens to them!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He doesnt need counseling, he needs to get "jacked up" by an leo while he is on vacation away from his hoe turf. This way he will know what all the "idiots" feel like when it happens to them!
View Quote

Well, I sure know what it feels like to be powerless.  Say one more thing and the sgt would have thrown me in jail.  He even made mention of that.

Even if I would have said, "what's the charge?", that would have been it.

Only in the courtroom could say what I wanted to the female ticketing officer without fear of retribution.  The sgt wasn't there because he didn't offer me a ticket.  Ticket to jail perhaps, but not a traffic violation.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL
View Quote

Jail food sucks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I bet it does when the jailer has his panties in a not!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bet it does when the jailer has his panties in a not!
View Quote

Hey where did my patient go?  The rooftop?

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are a LEO, get a new job before you end up the "whacko on the rooftop".

Your behavior seems very unusual.
View Quote
Well said! LMAO even though it is not really funny, but rather frightening.
View Quote

I hope he's not the guy you encountered.  If that's the case, he was telling the truth about sometimes wanting to be that "rooftop guy".
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Deputy Sheriff Jason Matthew Baker
Marion County Sheriff's Department, IN

Cause of Death: Gunfire
End of Watch: September 17, 2001
Date of Incident: September 17, 2001
Tour of Duty: 2 yr
Suspect Info: One shot and killed
Weapon Used: Assault rifle; AK-47

Deputy Baker was shot and killed following a high speed chase of four suspects. During the chase two of the suspects in the vehicle with AK-47 assault rifles opened fire, causing severe damage to Deputy Baker's cruiser, causing him to drop from the lead position in the chase. When the vehicle finally came to a stop shots were exchanged and Deputy Baker was fatally wounded. One of the suspects was shot and killed the next morning after exchanging shots with officers for eight hours. The other three suspects were apprehended.
Deputy Baker had been with the agency for two years.

It's not the Job that sucks, it's the idiots we have to deal with. Some with guns, some with big mouths. But either way, we still deal with them.

Rich
View Quote

Tuff shit,

Miners die when caves collapse, pilots die in plane crashes.  Cops are paid to do their job.  If it is so god damn dangerous, they need to do something else.  These poor f-kers died stupid.  Now quite crying and show some restraint.  Get a new job candy ass.

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:03:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Dealing with idiota and wackos is your job.You just have to remember very few people are idiots and wackos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top