Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:25:11 AM EDT
So the wife and I decide we are going to take the kids out to play ball yesterday as we finally had a nice day. A buddy of mine said he wanted to bring his daughter along as well so we drove over to their condo. We drove seperate cars because we had a lot of crap to bring with us.
Anyways, we get there and I pull up and park behind my friends 2 cars as I am going to run up and get him. The wife pulls directly behind me and waits in the car with the kids. Aparently his neighbor was sitting in his car waiting to back out of his space. He honks as soon as my wife pulls in, she didn't react because she thought it was me honking,  he then honks again, she sees me walking up to my buddys place and realizes there is someone in a car waiting to leave so she backs up. I pass by this asshats window and give him a little "sorry about that" wave and go into my friends house, as he backs out and pass my wife (who also gave him the I am sorry wave) he flips her off and drives off.
Now I am frigging furious, why didn't the pussy flip me off etc etc. The wife tells me to let it go but this is hard for me, I can't stand pussies like that. Especially flipping her off in front of our kids.
Now my buddy has to live by this guy... How would you guys react to that?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#1]
*SIGH*

IBTDD

In Before The Draw-Down(Tm)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The standard ARF reaction..
Draw down on him!

Really?  Just let it go..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
*SIGH*

IBTDD

In Before The Draw-Down(Tm)

DRAW DOWN!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I put down "hearing protection and noise abatment" for my silencer paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#5]
where im from thats just a friendly hello

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Sorry someone was an asshole to your wife.  

But, the world is full of morons.  If you're going to get worked up over every one that pisses you off, your heart will explode from stress by the time you are 50.

I'd just forget about it.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The guy's an asshole, ok, but sometimes you have to let things go. He didn't touch your wife, he acted like a pussy and gave your wife the finger as he drove away.

I think you can let that one go bro.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But, the world is full of morons.  If you're going to get worked up over every one that pisses you off, your heart will explode from stress by the time you are 50.

You are probably right, there is however the distinct posibility that I/we (wife and I) run into this clown again as he is a neighbor of our friend.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#9]
He was just tellin' your wife she's #1!

Let other things more serious than that get to you.

HH
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He was just tellin' your wife she's #1!

Let other things more serious than that get to you.

HH

Yeah but would Chuck Norris let that go...lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't do anything about it, the situation has passed and you took the high road by giving him the friendly "I'm sorry wave".  He's probably a miserable person, your best revenge is to just take it in stride and not think a second thought about it.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Drink a beer and laugh it off.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Fugheddaboutit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are probably right, there is however the distinct posibility that I/we (wife and I) run into this clown again as he is a neighbor of our friend.

Well, just go up to his door knock and when he opens up, punch him in the nose.

Will that make you feel better?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truthfully, yes it would but I know better than to get myself in trouble over something like this.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd feel even better if he videotaped it and sent it to us!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd say it was me, but I don't live in CA.

Around here I give the one finger salute at least 4-5 times a day.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#18]
So your wife is an inconsiderate driver and when someone lets her know it you get pissed off about it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#19]
teach her how to park :)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Ignore it
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Dude, I've had someone give me the finger for MUCH less.

Its all good.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#22]
This is the reason we have TWO ears instead of one big one.

You let it go in one ear and out the other.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#23]
he was trying to give her the shocker!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#24]
just wait and follow him when he takes his car to the car wash....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I think you handled it just right it was a Oops Sorry about that I apoligize( the both of you) and the other driver well lets just say somewhere down the way he might be broken down on the side of the road just drive by and wave at him with a
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Just minor road tantrum.  Let it go and laugh about it.  Be considerate on the road.  Thats all you can do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't sweat the small stuff my friend, it just isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
he was trying to give her the shocker!

Now THAT was funny!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Lawyer Up!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I will be the odd man out and say maybe your wife need to be aware of what is going on around here and not block in a car. Be considerate of other and find a parking spot. I know i get aggravated when people block me in when i am in the car.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Let it go. THere are more important things to deal with than worrying about someone who gave  your wife the finger. Move On.
James
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe he was making a pass at her and didn't have time for small-talk.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#33]
If I stopped and gave everyone a beatin that needed it I would never get anything done all day. Let it go. I no it's hard. It always happens when your kids are around doesn't it? Maybe for a reason. Sounds like you handled it right.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top