Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 1:10:20 PM EDT
So, who's got it already?  Cool, huh.  Taking a while to get used to the controls, however.

game sux
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean it sucks?It looks extremely good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Have you played it?  The only thing it has going for it is the collection of the largest maps I have ever seen - strictly for multuiplayer value though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Pierre Bongen a Programmer for Wings who made the game is anti-gun I will not spend my money on a game thats run by people like that..  Here are some of the stuff he had to say

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''First of all, weapons are primarily built to kill or to injure people or animals. There may be some exceptions like specifically designed guns for sports (small calibers) - but this does not make them less harmfull.

And well yes, a (kitchen) knife is also dangerous. But think of it: a gun does not safe you if you are already
under a knife attack. Furthermore, a knife has just a small area of effectivity. With guns you can harm people in an area with a radius of much more meters.

Second, by the legal availability of guns it is much easier to get a gun illegally since there are more weapons available overall.

If no one is allowed to posses a gun the chance that a criminal posseses a gun and shoots at you gets very low -- since the availibility of guns in the black market is less, too. It would be more risky for illegal dealers to sell weapons, Police could handle the few illegal dealers left (though it is likely that they never catch all of them since there will be new dealers but this is a general problem of crime).

Third, guns are no toys. Aiming sports are okay -- but do I need a fully automatic with a large caliber for that? Do I need to keep these sports guns at home? I doubt that.

Just my (private, inofficial) 2 (Euro) cents...

Cheers,
Pierre
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ell, drugs can be made by everyone - at least alcohol. Weed would be the next drug amoung others.

Weapons are pieces of hightech or at least not as easy made as drugs.

And there is still the different between the type of tools people use: a motorbike's primary purpose is not to kill people, while guns' primary purpose is to kill or to injure. There is no other use. It just can kill.
If weapons would have a real use, okay. But they haven't. Everyone gets armed which does not make the situation more secure but more tensed and potentially more dangerous.

Cheers,
Pierre

Edit:

@BlackSands:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have an constitution , that clearly states the right to bare arms shall not be infringed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not mean that this right is a good idea.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, BlackSands, one does not need to support weapons to program a shooter. And I doubt that the indication of actions against Wings regarding my attitude to weapons is in the spirit of the first Amendment of the United States of America.

Cheers,
Pierre

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soldner.jowood.com/forum/showthread.php?s=e474c38d1aefb2adbd3a7698ec7f7045&threadid=2266&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
i looked it up at ign.com

they said it suckes; i took thier advice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top