Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 10:53:56 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to read this. I was listening to the radio and heard that a major has requested letters to be sent to his soldiers in Bagdahd. Says he has about 9,000 troops and that they are really hungry for some letters from ordinary folks back in the States! I typed one up today at work and made 5 copies to send out. In the letter I told them that I remembered how bad the magazine selection at the field BX/PX was when I was in the Mid-East. I told them that I was going to try to get magazine donations/start a drive for contributions at work for them. These troops are probably very homesick and would love to hear that people care about them!! Let's let them know that we care and appreciate what they are doing!
Here's the address:
Major Richard A. Miller
(Care Of Any Soldier)
HHT SPT SQDN 3rd ACR
Unit 91483
APO AE 09320-1483
For those of you that don't know, it cost the same to send a letter overseas to an APO address as anywhere in the States! Please take 10 minutes and drop a soldier a note in the mail. Let's keep the mailman busy!! Again, thanks for your time and effort in this matter!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a look at the first tacked post on this page he's listed with  a lot more.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Mail sent - thanks for posting this!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Most of the soldiers I know who are deployed to Irag have Email access.

During Desert storm I used to go through stacks of those "any Marine" letters from dear abby readers. Looking for letters from single women who lived near my home of record. Made for a fun 30 Day leave when we rotated back.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
You can count me in.

I know many people who sent care packages and letters during the first few months of the deployment. But I fear that since now we've been there a while, many of those people may have slowed down or stopped with the letters, outside immediate family that is. So I will do my best to keep plenty of mail in the pipeline and I hope everyone here can do so as well.

-CH
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
AR15Fan I use to do the very same thing...was in Riyadh. We use to swap around the photos for different tastes..."I'll give ya 2 chubby ones for a petite!" Pretty shallow I know but hell I was 19!LOL

For the rest, I think it would be a real nice gesture to write these guys. Let's let'em know that we're not all a bunch of DemLibs that are against what they are there for!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top