Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 4:25:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I will buy some Quaker Oats the next time I go to the store.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They only need water, you would think that Instant Oatmeal would be included in MREs
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah...plus granola bars are awesome!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah Mark is our Chief Steward. Sounds like chalk one up for the union guys. One of the many reasons I LOVE working at Quaker Oats. BTW I am posting this from a Quaker Oats computer. They may ban many websites but this is not one of them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
E-mail sent to them.

[url]http://www.quakeroats.com/qfb_ContactUs/consumers.cfm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I can scrounge up a box of some good instant quaker oats if I look around.

I am still 'scrounging' for excellent deal on MRE's (cheapest, most fulfilling diet I can live on right now, save for EasyMac)
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent them a quick thank you for showing their true American Spirit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
E-mail sent to them.

View Quote

Thanks sent.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
A Thank You! email sent.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's another bit of good news forwarded to me in an email:

------------------------------------------------
I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to
hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose  benefits as a result of being called up...

Sears is voluntarily paying the  difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance  and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be  sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

**** Someone else added this comment:

So I decided to check it out  before I sent it forward. I sent the> following email to the Sears Customer  Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it  is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy  products from Sears
instead of another store for a like item even if it was  cheaper at the other store.

Here is their answer to my email:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for  contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your  positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest  sacrifices our
young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
  Sears Customer Care
  [email protected]
  1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs  to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as  Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military.
------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Gonna have to go shopping at sears this weekend.. :)

I already eat an assload of quaker oats. Strawberries and cream kicks ass...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
E-mail sent to them.

View Quote

Sent e-mail thanking them.

Thanks for link sparsky!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#15]
So did the Oatmeal Workers Union send the oatmeal to the troops, or did Quaker Oats? The story implies that it was the company, but it sounds like jaybob is taking credit on behalf of the union.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been sending oatmeal and gatorade to my buddy in Iraq. He said the oatmeal is a good change of pace.

I wonder if Little Debbie, or Hostess will ante up and do the same?

I like it when companies (wether at the employee level, or at the executive level) send their product to our brothers and sisters over there.

I wish there was an all inclusive list of who donated products.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks sent.

Also the recipe for oatmeal and dried cranberries with pumpkin pie spice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I sent my thank you to them too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you note sent. I think the next trip to the supermarket will include the purchase of their products. Gonna have to start eating oatmeal again for breakfast.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will buy some Quaker Oats the next time I go to the store.

Bobwrench
View Quote

Bingo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top