patched & painted in a hurry

listed late tuesday night

showed house once wednesday morning

sold, signed the contract

I love it when a plan comes together.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding! Good for you.

Are you married? If so, how hard was it to get the wife on board with your relocation plans?

For me, all I had to do was get listings in Texas showing the kind of place we could have for what our California house was worth. Then she was on board and we were out here like a shot. Our California house sold in about a week and a half.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]
So when will the "Pennsylvania AR15 Shooter's" website be up and running ??? [:D]

I think a few gunshows and shoots here n PA will be plenty to convince you that your move was a wise one...

You're not far from me at all in York...
Soon will be time to find a good range to host your events [:D]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had limited exposure to both states, what are the pros and cons of moving from maryland to PA?

Great to hear your plan is working!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've had limited exposure to both states, what are the pros and cons of moving from maryland to PA?

Great to hear your plan is working!
View Quote

PA has the same freedoms as AZ.

From the way it sounds, MD is pretty restricted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, glad you made the move to a free state. There is a great gunclub in northeast York County. Mainly a handgun club, three pistol plate ranges, two shoot houses, a 360 range and a 200 yard rifle range. [url]www.westshoresportsmen.org[/url]

They have .22 bullseye shooters, cowboy shooters and IDPA matches. Actually IDPA practice is every Thursday night.

The National Tactical Invitational is held here every year and is the supreme test of a man and his equipment. This is a test of the best. Trainers from Gunsite, TR, InSights, OPS and many other top facilities match their wits against the most real life secnarios you'll find in a shooting stage. [url]www.teddytactical.com[/url]

Drop me a line, I'm usually free wednesdays and fridays. I'm willing to show anyone around the club that is interested.

-Luther

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations, Paul! I'll tell you, with Chuckie and the Shebeast, not to mention dear ol' Elmer Pataki ruling the roost in NY, I should be thinking PA myself!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Congratulations, Paul! I'll tell you, with Chuckie and the Shebeast, not to mention dear ol' Elmer Pataki ruling the roost in NY, I should be thinking PA myself!
View Quote

personally i am thinking Vermont.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullsh!t

read the comments from PA shooters in this thread.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=106969[/url]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullsh!t

View Quote

That was a state gameland range I was talking about when I commented on the 3 round limit.  You can load up all you want on a private range (subject to each range's rules, of course) or your own land.  While it does suck, if they are going to provide a range for you free of charge (yeah, yeah, I know, it is our tax dollars - or more likely hunting license fees), I imagine they have the right to set whatever rules they want.

Rocko
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullsh!t

View Quote

How do you equate some BS rules on a public range to the BS in MD?

There is a public range I know of in MD where you just about have to lock your rifle in a vice and pull the trigger with a string from a safe distance, but its not that that makes PA a better place to live as a gun owner.

I live within a few hundred yards of MD and I can tell you, crossing the Potomac makes a world of difference.  

Fight probably does not know me by screen name, but we have met.  I respect his opinon and decsion to move to PA if that's what works for him.  I have traveled over most of MD in the past few years and there are areas of extreme beauty that I would love to call home were it not for the liberal stranglehold on the state.

I think you'd have to go to MA or CA to find a more liberal cess pool.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dont. If you actually read this thread you would see drfcolt was comparing PA to Arizona. Anybody who has actually taken the time to learn the gun laws and regs of various states knows Arizona is significantly better place for gun owners than PA.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Outstanding! Good for you.

Are you married? If so, how hard was it to get the wife on board with your relocation plans?

View Quote

Yes.  She's been bugging me for a single family home for a few years now, but I didn't really want to settle for the Peoples Republik of Maryland, and strap myself with the higher costs & committment.

Dragracer_Art - I already joked with Forest about that.  

Satcong - PA = less expensive housing, more land for the money, shall issue CCW, lower taxes, Republican, less crime, less scumbags, less corruption, less government, less traffic congestion, FREEDOM!!  (no living under the upcoming KKT regime)

I basically trading a large executive townhouse for a 2,800 sq ft. custom home on 3x the property.

alive45acp - thanks for the leads.

Hipower - I would have done Virginia, but jobs would necessitate NOVA, and it's SO expensive to find anything that isn't a million miles out.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I dont. If you actually read this thread you would see drfcolt was comparing PA to Arizona. Anybody who has actually taken the time to learn the gun laws and regs of various states knows Arizona is significantly better place for gun owners than PA.
View Quote

Please enlightenment me as to the differences.

In PA we are allowed all forms of NFA weapons from SBR to DD.

Heck, Dennis Todd is a DD manufacturer down in Springfield, PA - I could have him build me a mortor and transfer it to me. 1986 ban is for MG's only.

CCW is permitted. Heck, all I did was went to the sheirff's office. Filled out a form. Got a back-ground check and walked out 20-minutes later with my CCW.

Private sales of long-guns with no paper-work is no problem.

Reciprocating agreements with many states for long-gun sales.

Pistol's transfers must be papered ... a Federal thing.

What's the rest ......

Three round limit at PA Game Commission range - big deal - yes, a pain in the ass.

Only other thing I can think of is no semi-auto center-fire rifles for big game - I would like to hunt with my AR-15.

Again, please fill me in..........
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, I don't care if Pennsylvania is better or worse than Arizona ---  it's a hell a lot better than Maryland.  It's like crossing Check Point Charlie at the Berlin wall leaving here.

Kalifornia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, some of New York, Chicago area, Conneticut - these are all highly restrictive, anti-gun areas.

When leaving places like this, any place is better, and better is good enough.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
please fill me in..........
View Quote

The MAJOR problems with PA are:

1. No more than three rounds loaded in your magazine at any public/state game range. If you want to actually use your hi-caps you will have to join a private gun club or buy enough land to build your own range.

2. No hunting with semi autos, period. No M1A for deer. No AR for groundhogs. No M1 Garand for Black bear.

3. Your state police admit they have been compiling an illegal registry of gun owners since the [b]1930's[/b].

4. Your big labor steel & mining industry voted for Gore in the last election.

5. Your gun owners and hunters voted for Gore in the last election. After all he wasnt after their bolt, lever, & pump action deer rifles. He was only after the semiautos "you cant use to hunt with anyway".
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pistol's transfers must be papered ... a Federal thing.
View Quote

I don't think that is a federal rule.  Private transfers of handguns are legal in many states for example:  Delaware.  The no-prvt. transfer rule is one of the few black marks on PA's resume.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
please fill me in..........
View Quote

The MAJOR problems with PA are:

1. No more than three rounds loaded in your magazine at any public/state game range. If you want to actually use your hi-caps you will have to join a private gun club or buy enough land to build your own range.

2. No hunting with semi autos, period. No M1A for deer. No AR for groundhogs. No M1 Garand for Black bear.

3. Your state police admit they have been compiling an illegal registry of gun owners since the [b]1930's[/b].

4. Your big labor steel & mining industry voted for Gore in the last election.

5. Your gun owners and hunters voted for Gore in the last election. After all he wasnt after their bolt, lever, & pump action deer rifles. He was only after the semiautos "you cant use to hunt with anyway".
View Quote

I give up - you win!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I give up - you win!!!
View Quote

Good idea, we don't need more people in PA with us.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top