Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 4:00:36 PM EDT
Folks:  Please, when you sell an item, leave the price posted.  Don't write SPF over it.  We want to feel the PAIN of the deal we missed.  (It also helps to establish sale and purchase prices for future transactions).  

Thank you for your constipation,  eerrrr.... cooperation on this issue.  Beer is on me!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Free BTT
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, I like seeing what I missed out on or at least getting a good idea of what things are going for.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
excellent point, I always thought it was required.  yea you are right it would help establish sales price.

BTT
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on all counts
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
When the deal falls through (and they often do) a potential buyer will smell desperation and try to low ball the seller. The actual selling price is nobody's business.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I agree, I like seeing what I missed out on or at least getting a good idea of what things are going for.

Yep.

I especially like it when I DON'T log on in the morning and then later see that someone had a smokin' deal on something I would've paid half again as much for
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When the deal falls through (and they often do) a potential buyer will smell desperation and try to low ball the seller. The actual selling price is nobody's business.

Gotta agree, you can always IM the seller and ask what it finally went for, but the final price is between the seller and buyer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No one is forcing anyone, it's called a request.

We aren't talking about ACTUAL selling price, I'd like to see the asking price.  Frankly I don't know why someone would delete the price after the item is sold, but that's their perogative.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree, that is the one thing that I don't like about the EE.  It is harder to get a feeling for what things are selling for.  I know what people are asking, until it is sold!  Please leave it for people to see.  I don't know why someone would be ashamed for what they paid for an item, or what they sold it for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top