Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/11/2005 5:37:39 PM EDT
Thinking about getting one, any suggestions or other recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:44:08 PM EDT
I have one and love it. Its very very accurate, shoots good handles good, very very very compact weapon for what it is. I might get an aimpoint for mine but i shoot so well with it as is that i dont wanna really mess with it.

Erick Z
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:30:16 AM EDT
if you don't mind me asking about how much did you pay for yours? I see them listed for upwards of $1,700.00 but I am hoping to get one for about 15. Again thanks for the reply, I have been reading about it in the Peterson's Rifle shooter Mag and it preview on the guns and ammo show on tv. They shot one and also it has been a steady topic about the 223 and 308 in the middle east. There is a kit for the navy for their m14's and I have just be thinking why since these rifles are so old we are seemingly going back to them.. Like the warthog or A-10 in desert storm...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:33:05 AM EDT
I just bought one on Sunday and I paid $1319.
Can't wait to shoot it
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:44:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 8:45:03 AM EDT by Freakzilla]
just dont plan on shooting it at night with that stupid compensater on it, and keeping your eyesight/vision

its "mil-spec" without a flash hider on a 16" 7.62x51mm rifle alright
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:46:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1pistola:
if you don't mind me asking about how much did you pay for yours? I see them listed for upwards of $1,700.00 but I am hoping to get one for about 15.

Cabelas has them for sub-$1500.

SBG
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:50:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:02:14 AM EDT
Hmmmm...I got a DSA FAL STG58 instead. It costs half as much, magazines are $5/piece, there are tons of aftermarket parts, more reliable action and looks waaay meaner.

Did I also mention that I can now get a Para-Congo conversion kit for the FAL? I just dont see the attraction with the SOCOM16. By the way, SOCOM doenst use this rifle so I dont know why they named it after them. FALS ARE used by Spec-Ops teams around the world, including the SAS. Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:08:53 AM EDT
but he's asking about the SOCOM16
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:09:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mayday:
Hmmmm...I got a DSA FAL STG58 instead. It costs half as much, magazines are $5/piece, there are tons of aftermarket parts, more reliable action and looks waaay meaner.

Did I also mention that I can now get a Para-Congo conversion kit for the FAL? I just dont see the attraction with the SOCOM16. By the way, SOCOM doenst use this rifle so I dont know why they named it after them. FALS ARE used by Spec-Ops teams around the world, including the SAS. Go figure.

Last time I checked, he wasn't asking about FALs, genius.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:12:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:

He also asked for a recomendation; mine was get a FAL. Got a problem with that? Then fuck off asswipe. Sorry the answer didnt fit into your narrow minded little world retard.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:12:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1pistola:
Thinking about getting one, any suggestions or other recommendations?

I don't particularly like the short barrel myself but here is a thread full of guys that might give you another opinion.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=388877

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:17:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:

[trollbustermode on]

He didn't ask about FAL's but he did ask

"Thinking about getting one, any suggestions or other recommendations?"

[/trollbuster mode off]

Last time I looked at his post it looked like another recommendation and a heck of a good one if I might add!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:59:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 6:00:18 PM EDT by glazer1972]
FAL Carbine would get my vote for a 16" .308.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:17:30 PM EDT

I have a Socom and really like it. 1 range trip so far, 60 rds of SA R1, no probs right out of the box.
It's my first .308.
I looked at FALs/clones and decided there were too many ways to get hosed on a bad clone, like I did on my Garand.
Maybe after I educate myself more on FAL's I will look into getting one.
For now, I am going to have fun learning to shoot the Socom, along with improving with my AR's.

DaddyDett
Top Top