Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2002 6:51:56 PM EDT
My neighbor just got his family moved in from Georgia, he tried to register his son to play in the city football league on friday. They won't allow his son to play football this year.

He's only late by a week for registration but, they only have 7 teams this year and the overflow HAS to sign up for soccer??? Thats right...they have enough overflow players for another 3or 4 FOOTBALL teams BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE KIDS PLAY SOCCER???

The city league director told them that they are trying to stir interest in soccer and those who did'nt make the first 7 teams have only the choice of soccer or not playing at all.

My neighbor told the director...his son wants to play football and does'nt like soccer. Director tells him he's sorry but, they need to ADD different programs for the kids????

What kind of crap is this?

Again...the neighbor is confused by this and ask why should the city MAKE his son play anything? Director says it's national push to re-introduce soccer to areas that don't have it. What the heck is this??? I'm as confused as my neighbor. If I had son and wanted him to play football...then damnit he CAN PLAY FOOTBALL!!! Not some ignorant european pastime, kids kicking each other in the shins, making one goal "Whoooppeee!" and going home.

What is up with MAKING kids play soccer in the SOUTH WHERE FOOTBALL IS KING???

Whats next? He'll have to take ballet in high school instead of phys. ed.?

We're in America...dadgummit!
Rant off,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, soccer does suck.

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they had the soccer riot 'cause the game was so boring.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Soccer MOMs suck. Wait.....they don't suck. They only attempt to create a vacuum.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Soccer.......great game

but not for everyone
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Soccer is king among kid sports here (before basthe basketball leagues start, and after the baseball leagues). Between two kids and 3 practices and 2 games each per week, it's a lot of running around.

Fortunately, there are always a few MILFs at each game or practice. Takes some of the annoyance away [}:)]

Link Posted: 9/15/2002 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
soccer, what a game..... A bunch of third world mud people running around kicking a head in a sack for hours on end, only for it to end in a "nil-nil" tie.  Then the riots start, property is destroyed, people are injured and killed and this is fun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
soccer, what a game..... A bunch of third world mud people running around kicking a head in a sack for hours on end, only for it to end in a "nil-nil" tie.  Then the riots start, property is destroyed, people are injured and killed and this is fun.
View Quote

That's what makes it so much more exciting than that utter waste of time, NASCAR.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It's like bussing ... for sports!

Too many football players?  The opposite is happening here.  I've got several great-nephews that weren't able to play football until they were in the seventh grade due to lack of players.  According to the director of a local rec center, it's because the mothers won't let the kids play football.  So, every year they try to put together teams and fail.z
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cities like soccer because it is cheap to have.  Make a pitch supply officials and that's about it.  No helmets and such to buy and maintain.
View Quote

Yes, it's truly the "peoples" sport.  

No wonder it is so popular in the rest of the (third) world.  

Soccer is for pussies who can't hack REAL football.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cities like soccer because it is cheap to have.  Make a pitch supply officials and that's about it.  No helmets and such to buy and maintain.
View Quote

Yes, it's truly the "peoples" sport.  

No wonder it is so popular in the rest of the (third) world.  

Soccer is for pussies who can't hack REAL football.  

View Quote

Must be the real players who have to have a golf cart to carry them off the field like some cheer leader with a stubbed toe. Or would that be the real football players who are constantly on tv for rape, drug abuse, or trying to sell an album?

Stirring the pot
John

PS - if it cant kill you it isnt a real sport!
USPA 35315
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife loves soccer but I think it is the stupidest fucking game on the face of the earth. Watching golf on tv is exactly 142 times more exciting than watching soccer. What kind of game regularly ends with the total score being under 3 points? Scoring is what makes games exciting, not the lack of. I would rather have a bicycle wreck and get a stick impaled in my eye than be forced to watch a soccer game. My kids will never play soccer unless they want me to beat their ass every day of their lives.

Have you ever noticed that homosexuals have an affinity for soccer? It's because soccer is gay. The only good thing that comes from soccer is NFL kickers. If soccer was so great what made them decide to quit and play football anyway? I guess if you suck at everything else like baseball, football and basketball it would be ok to play soccer since it doesn't take much coordination to kick something. Golfers and bowlers kick soccer player's asses. Also, what's the deal with those fucking socks?

[b]Here is me dressed up as a soccer player showing this guy what I really think about his stupid assed game.[/b]

[img]http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~epidote/Company/pictures/soccer.jpg[/img]
[b]"How do you like that size 13 homo?"[/b]

[b]Nice fucking hair Pele[/b]

[img]http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/documents/WorkExp/sam/VALDERAMMA.JPG[/img]
[b]Can you think of any other sport that has players with Ronald McDonald haircuts?[/b]

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can you think of any other sport that has players with Ronald McDonald haircuts?
View Quote

You mean like basketball??
[img]lonestar.texas.net/~pmagal/multi.jpg[/img]
[img]lonestar.texas.net/~pmagal/grey.jpg[/img]
[img]lonestar.texas.net/~pmagal/red.gif[/img]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#13]
the best was that episode of "king of the hill" where hank start coaching the boys football team.  bobby goes and joins the soccer team.  their gay fruit loopy coach only wants to tie the other team so that "they don't hurt their feelings".  
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[b]"How do you like that size 13 homo?"[/b]

View Quote

OK, I'm not sure whether to ROTFLOL or yelp in pain.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sound just like Imbroglio....

Like Grin_N_Barrett said...It's a great game but not for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#16]
What is up with MAKING kids play soccer in the SOUTH WHERE FOOTBALL IS KING???
View Quote

Someone mentioned money, which is very true. One ball and two goals cost less than helmets and pads for an entire team. There are other aspects however....

Soccer is considered less aggressive and less injury-laden than football. It is also, when conducted properly, better exercise for the kids. I understand the legitimacy of the reasons behind their choices, but don't agree with them.

...and why am I NOT surprised at the attacks on soccer as a sport. Of course, I'd actually have an iota of respect for their arguments if any of these people could identify terms such as
Bundesliga, or Sheffield Wednesday, or the Baby-Faced Assassin....but I doubt they could.

Football is an acceptable comparison. Of course, 80-90% of pro football players would get their ass dusted after fifteen minutes of the Premiere league. Somehow being 400lbs ain't all condusive to playing the game.

At LEAST no one brought up baseball.

My wife loves soccer but I think it is the stupidest fucking game on the face of the earth. Watching golf on tv is exactly 142 times more exciting than watching soccer.
View Quote

Yeah...probably for the same reason you can't watch Forumula One....more than one direction of turn in an event must be WAY too much for you to follow...

What kind of game regularly ends with the total score being under 3 points? Scoring is what makes games exciting, not the lack of.
View Quote

Oh, my apologies....I shouldn't have said the above, considering I thought you actually understood the game of soccer.

Like John said, just stirring the pot...

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Soccer is considered less aggressive and less injury-laden than football.
View Quote

OUCH! (with a high pitch tone)

Soccer sucks!
View Quote

That will be a true statement to this poor lad.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#18]
What the heck kinda stupid game is [i]soccer[/i] anyway..
Dang Euro Peeing game...
How the hell are you sposed to clobber anybody without using your hands...you can only kick them and headbutt them...
Unless you are one of the fans...then you can use beer bottles and crickett bats (canoe paddle handles)..
Any way its one of those Globalist UN New World Order Commie sports...trying to make the world play as one....
Baseball Basketball and Football are good enough for America they should be good enough for those Piss ant Eurotrash bags..
Keep America pure....Ban Soccer (they even try to pass it off as football in Europe can you believe it)....
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I actually like playing soccer, but my play was in PE in the seventies when it wasn't very popular here.  

[i]Watching[/i] a soccer game with no interest (kids) in it, though, is like watching paint dry.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#21]
"Soccer is for pussies who can't hack REAL football"  Wrong! Football is for pussies who can't hack RUGBY!

I've played soccer for well over 25 years, most of that time @ a VERY competitive level. I can't tell you how much I hated going to those 2-a-day practices in the summer. I can't tell tell you how many holidays I missed, because we were off globe-hopping to a tournament. I never had a real summer to myself, to just goof off, because I was playing soccer all the time. Ya know what? I would do it again in a second. Soccer is the greatest game on the planet. It's played by more people that ANY other. Don't bash a game just because you don't understand it. Don't bash a game just because the scores are low. Soccer is a game of great physical strength, and stamina. It's also a game of great mental concentration. You have to be smart to play soccer WELL. I'm tired of people here in the states saying "It's boring". It's boring because you don't know what you're watching. If you get to know the game, you'll find out why it's called "The beautiful game".

Now, back to the real issue. IMO, what these people are doing is wrong. Forcing a child into a situation like that is just flat out wrong. As much of a lover of the game as I am, I would never FORCE my children to play it. I would let them play what ever they wanted to play. These people don't get it though. A sport shouldn't be forced on kids. That's just silly.    
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#22]
"My kids will never play soccer unless they want me to beat their ass every day of their lives."

PonyBoy, you must be one HELL of a parent.

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]
And one last thing. Can ANYBODY tell me who THE richest sporting team in the world is? The entire net worth of the team is exactly TWICE the net worth of the second team on the list, the NY Yankees. Anyone? That team would the be the Red Devils of Manchester United, in the British Premiership. According to a recent article, the net worth of the Yankees is just over $500 million. The net worth of Man.U. is just over the $1 BILLION mark. Don't ever underestimate the staggering popularity of this sport. ANYONE can play it. From the well funded youth teams in the US, and Europe, to the barefoot, bare-chested kids in the slums of Sao Paolo, or Rio. Anyone can achieve greatness in the sport. The same CAN'T be said for baseball, and basketball, and football, and hockey.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Soccer is for pussies who can't hack REAL football"  Wrong! Football is for pussies who can't hack RUGBY!

I've played soccer for well over 25 years, most of that time @ a VERY competitive level. I can't tell you how much I hated going to those 2-a-day practices in the summer. I can't tell tell you how many holidays I missed, because we were off globe-hopping to a tournament. I never had a real summer to myself, to just goof off, because I was playing soccer all the time. Ya know what? I would do it again in a second. Soccer is the greatest game on the planet. It's played by more people that ANY other. Don't bash a game just because you don't understand it. Don't bash a game just because the scores are low. Soccer is a game of great physical strength, and stamina. It's also a game of great mental concentration. You have to be smart to play soccer WELL. I'm tired of people here in the states saying "It's boring". It's boring because you don't know what you're watching. If you get to know the game, you'll find out why it's called "The beautiful game".

Now, back to the real issue. IMO, what these people are doing is wrong. Forcing a child into a situation like that is just flat out wrong. As much of a lover of the game as I am, I would never FORCE my children to play it. I would let them play what ever they wanted to play. These people don't get it though. A sport shouldn't be forced on kids. That's just silly.    
View Quote

I have four kids and none of them will play soccer. The were FORCED to play it in school and THEY hated it. My kids play baseball, football, golf, wrestle, run track, camp, ride atv's, hunt, fish and shoot.
I would let them **GASP** figure skate with a tutu on before I would let them play soccer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Get over it you F**king A&&holes.  Do something about it if you kids can't play football, instead of whining and sniveling about it.  Oh yes and I did play football all three years in HS.

Dan "I didn't go to Polk High" Hill
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#26]
NAKED...That's the dumbest thing I've heard all week!  This is what happens when we let liberals run things.  They like it because there ARE no winners and losers.  It's all about HOW the kiddies play the game.  Football on the other hand is BAD because it's violent.

Soccer sucks...period.  I'd rather watch grass grow than watch that goofy game.

Just because it's popular in some third world rat hole doesn't mean we have to enjoy it.

SPECTRE said it best:
soccer, what a game..... A bunch of third world mud people running around kicking a head in a sack for hours on end, only for it to end in a "nil-nil" tie. Then the riots start, property is destroyed, people are injured and killed and this is fun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And one last thing. Can ANYBODY tell me who THE richest sporting team in the world is? The entire net worth of the team is exactly TWICE the net worth of the second team on the list, the NY Yankees. Anyone? That team would the be the Red Devils of Manchester United, in the British Premiership. According to a recent article, the net worth of the Yankees is just over $500 million. The net worth of Man.U. is just over the $1 BILLION mark. Don't ever underestimate the staggering popularity of this sport. ANYONE can play it. From the well funded youth teams in the US, and Europe, to the barefoot, bare-chested kids in the slums of Sao Paolo, or Rio. Anyone can achieve greatness in the sport. The same CAN'T be said for baseball, and basketball, and football, and hockey.
View Quote

Your inference that soccer is the largest [i]international[/i] sport is likely correct.  Like it or not.  It's just that it is just catching on here the last twenty years or so.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Your inference that soccer is the largest [i]international[/i] sport is likely correct.  Like it or not.  It's just that it is just catching on here the last twenty years or so.
View Quote

Islam is also the largest religion in the world.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, and rugby is for pussies who can't hack round-robin bare knuckle boxing matches.  

Being as "youth rugby" is not even a blip on the radar screen in this country, what's your point?

We were talking about city youth football leagues [b]forcing[/b] kids to play soccer based on some spurious reasoning.  

If there is demand for more teams, then the city, or however administers the league, should fill the need.  I seem to remember that youth sports required a fee to participate so money really shouldn't be the primary source of hearburn.  

It merely sounds like a PC push to get more kids into soccer rather than play football.

The parents shouldn't stand for this crap and let it be known at the next and subsequent city council meetings that the shit must stop.  

Bottom line:

Soccer sucks.  It sucks to watch.  It sucks to play.  If you want health benefits, run around the block ten times and then go play catch or work on your jumpshot.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I truly feel sorry for all of you who don't enjoy this game. I agree that the city is wrong for making these kids play soccer. If I were a parent there, I'd be seriously thinking about a way to change the city's mind about that policy. But bashing a game because you don't understand it is pure ignorance. There aren't many things in this world that are more taxing mentally, and physically than a match played at a world-class level. As for the argument that it hasn't caught on here yet, why then is it THE number one sport played by children IN THIS COUNTRY. That's right folks, it's even surpassed our "national pastime". Nobody wants to play baseball anymore. Nobody even wants to WATCH baseball anymore. And basketball? Nothing but thugs, and criminals. Football is exciting at least. And hockey? Well...hockey's just the best game there is. My blood is Philadelphia Flyer's burnt orange. I agree that it can be slow. But the build-up to a great play can be the stuff of legend. I'm sorry that not all of you are open minded enough to see that.

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I truly feel sorry for all of you who don't enjoy this game. I agree that the city is wrong for making these kids play soccer. If I were a parent there, I'd be seriously thinking about a way to change the city's mind about that policy. But bashing a game because you don't understand it is pure ignorance. There aren't many things in this world that are more taxing mentally, and physically than a match played at a world-class level. As for the argument that it hasn't caught on here yet, why then is it THE number one sport played by children IN THIS COUNTRY. That's right folks, it's even surpassed our "national pastime". Nobody wants to play baseball anymore. Nobody even wants to WATCH baseball anymore. And basketball? Nothing but thugs, and criminals. Football is exciting at least. And hockey? Well...hockey's just the best game there is. My blood is Philadelphia Flyer's burnt orange. I agree that it can be slow. But the build-up to a great play can be the stuff of legend. I'm sorry that not all of you are open minded enough to see that.

That is all.
View Quote

Weee, I'm sorry I'm not as "enlightened" as you on the oh so magnificent game of soccer.  You clearly have a deep understanding of the mystical enchantment of the "sport of the world" that I could never quite comprehend, for I am a mere provincial cretin.

Listen genius, I understand enough about the stupid game to know it sucks.  

Three hours of running around and NO ONE SCORES A GODDAMN POINT!!!

How can any game worth a shit end in a tie?!  

No wonder Americans hate it.  We like winners.  We don't give a crap for second place.  

[Patton mode on]We all admired the champion marble player, the fastest runner, the toughest boxer, the big league ball players, and the All-American football players.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all of the time.

I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. The very idea of losing is hateful to an American. [/Patton mode off]

So you see, how can we appreciate a sport that tolerates a tie? Where hours of action culminates in----nothing.    

Soccer is the world's biggest case of blue balls.  

Maybe baseball is simliar, with the low scores, but someone always wins.  And you have classical mano-a-mano match-ups in the pitcher vs. batter duel.  And if you are still bored, you can immerse yourself in stats.  Why do you think hardcore baseball junkies love the numbers?  

What stats are there in soccer?  How many times you passed the ball with no effect?  How many miles you ran?  How many kicks at the goal missed the stinkin goal.  

What drama!  They work for 25 minutes to get close to taking a shot, and altogether MISS THE FREAKING GOAL!  I see it every time I try to stomach a a stinking soccer game.  

Give me a fucking break.  

Oh yeah, and one more thing.

If soccer is so popular with the kiddies, why has MLS failed so miserably?  Why no great soccer leagues similiar to Babe Ruth or American Legion baseball?  

Maybe it's because once the kiddies grow up a little, they see the silliness inherent in the game and move on to more serious sports.  Hell, even tennis is more popular in the US.  Soccer can't even hold a candle to the third tier (in tv ratings) sports such as hockey and golf.  I'd bet that the WNBA gets better ratings than MLS any day of the week.          
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah my 7 year old neice plays soccer and they dont keep score if and when they do score which is not often.

Tee Ball is the same F'n way,PC no winnners and losers horse shit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top