Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2009 12:48:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 12:49:20 PM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:51:08 PM EST
Stinking lawyers, always gotta screw with the killdozer fantasy....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:51:16 PM EST
creamate
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:52:25 PM EST
Military burial for me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:53:41 PM EST
QFT! I found myself in a touch and go situation last summer and didn't have all my crap straight. Even if you just end up in bad shape in the hospital - trying to get all those loose ends tied up is no fun in a hospital bed. Much worse if you wake up dead.

Damn life looks so different now.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:56:09 PM EST
Rewrote my will this month in anticipation of my divorce being final. Also already changed the payouts on my insurance policies that do cover funeral costs btw and all my retirement accounts.

I'm not bitter but the bitch ain't getting a penny!

Also all my money *what there is of it* goes into a trust for my son's. Sole purpose of the trust is to pay college costs and such. Brother has control of it and has his orders...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:58:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 12:58:16 PM EST by VTHOKIESHOOTER]
Cremated with ashes strewn on the shooting range and at a few special, forested spots that I hold dear. No funeral for me. If people want a memorial service in my honor that's fine to, if so it will be BYOB.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:58:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 1:02:35 PM EST by motown_steve]
The state is going to have to dispose of my remains. It's a final "FUCK YOU!" to everybody! Ante up bitches, I was busy livin' large! As for my possessions...the family is going to have to fight it out amongst themselves to determine who gets what. That is another responsibility that I intend to leave up to the state.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:00:12 PM EST
I'm dead I would not care but I would come back and haunt a Penguin

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:02:46 PM EST
Wife gets all my life insurance, including SGLI.

She has all the financial info & paperwork that I collected before my last deployment, so she'll be able to find everything.

Wife gets everything, come to think of it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:03:17 PM EST
Life insurance for the wife along with all of my work benefits. Like most of us I imagine, I'm worth much more dead than alive.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:04:57 PM EST
My family can either build me a coffin out of plywood and bury me on private property or wrap me in newspaper and mail me to somebody I don't like.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:06:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 1:06:43 PM EST by CouncilOfDave]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Do you have insurance or does your pops have to hock his golf clubs to bury you? Does your life insurance still pay out to your ex wife because you never bothered to change it so she spends it all on carbon credits?
135k should cover it... no ex wife.

What about your 401k, who does that go, is it current? Have you taken care of who gets your real estate or any assets through a will, or otherwise?
401k goes same place as my life insurance.

Do you have health care proxies to deal with things like whether you want to be kept on machines if you are in acoma?
No, none.

Even young guys need to give some thought to this. Unfortunatey at some point in life you'll end up being the live guy who tries to straighten out all the practical crap left over when your buddy dies. Don't be the guy who leaves his wife. brother, or girlfriend muttering "what a dumbass!"
Yeah, I have to get on the ball. I figured I would do it when I get married...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:08:57 PM EST
Unmarried, no dependents, active duty military. No will yet, but most of my stuff is already with my parents anyway.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:09:15 PM EST
The other week I was on-scene with a dead baby call. I'm sure these people are going to have to have a charity carwash to pay for burial, which seems to be pretty prevalent these days. They were living in squalor.

Their 60" flat-screen tv and giant pile of XBox games was pretty nice, though.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:15:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By Mac_Fan:
Life insurance for the wife along with all of my work benefits. Like most of us I imagine, I'm worth much more dead than alive.

Yep, and I make her taste all my food FIRST.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:17:39 PM EST
We have a will, I think...

My wife gets it all, minus the $1,500 to make me extra crispy.

If I take her out first we go together, then the kids split the cash and can haggle over the furniture, etc.

We both have medical thingies, too.
She's I've got this shit covered!

Seriously, this is a very good reminder for many of us.
We're all going to wake up dead one of these days.
It's a lot easier on family if your wishes are clearly spelled out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:18:55 PM EST
Yup you managed to shoot the crazed driver of the killdozer in the head through the little slot he was looking out of, but he slumped forward on the controls and headed straight for a chihuahua. Knowing that you would never hear the end of it on the internet if the dog was killed you ran forward, but not quite quick enough Now you are sitting on a cloud with a smoking Kel Tec .32 and a chihuahua.

Well they have to scrape you up and put you somewhere. Do you have insurance or does your pops have to hock his golf clubs to bury you? Does your life insurance still pay out to your ex wife because you never bothered to change it so she spends it all on carbon credits?

What about your 401k, who does that go, is it current? Have you taken care of who gets your real estate or any assets through a will, or otherwise?

Do you have health care proxies to deal with things like whether you want to be kept on machines if you are in acoma?

Even young guys need to give some thought to this. Unfortunatey at some point in life you'll end up being the live guy who tries to straighten out all the practical crap left over when your buddy dies. Don't be the guy who leaves his wife. brother, or girlfriend muttering "what a dumbass!"

Who the hell saves a chihuahua?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:26:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 1:26:43 PM EST by TheCanuck]
My mom receives my life insurance policy, my brother gets my real estate and they split 2/3-1/3 my investment portfolio.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:26:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By ARsonist:
QFT! I found myself in a touch and go situation last summer and didn't have all my crap straight. Even if you just end up in bad shape in the hospital - trying to get all those loose ends tied up is no fun in a hospital bed. Much worse if you wake up dead.

Can you call QFT when you don't quote anything?

I have life insurance, and MB was already gone when I got it so the beneficiary is done properly too. I went to the funeral home and got most of that stuff all worked out, and I keep my files organized so that it'd be simple to go through. I've got a bit more to do with the whole lawyer aspect of having Brad cared for if I go while he's still a minor, but it's all written down.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:27:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
My family can either build me a coffin out of plywood and bury me on private property or wrap me in newspaper and mail me to somebody I don't like.

can it be done on private property ? is it state by state ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By kingoftheroad:
creamate

Still talking thousands.

I'm going to look into a family burial plot. I hate the idea of enriching a funeral home because they give my survivors a guilt trip.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:40:05 PM EST
Did all mine after burying my dad a few years ago. He had his stuff together and it was easy to walk through it, during an obviously bad time.

Decided right then and there, to do the same thing. I'm not married, no kids, but got a trust, and am paying for the cremation plan monthly.

Hardest part is keeping a good list of where all your crap is....But that's part of a good plan.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:41:15 PM EST
My remains are to taken to the middle of the woods and burned to ash. My guns and ammo are to be buried in the family plot so future generations can armed themselves. The rest of my shit goes to who ever wants it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:43:02 PM EST
Just bury me face down so Barack Obama can kiss my ass
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:43:18 PM EST
Yup you managed to shoot the crazed driver of the killdozer in the head through the little slot he was looking out of, but he slumped forward on the controls and headed straight for a chihuahua. Knowing that you would never hear the end of it on the internet if the dog was killed you ran forward, but not quite quick enough Now you are sitting on a cloud with a smoking Kel Tec .32 and a chihuahua.

Well they have to scrape you up and put you somewhere. Do you have insurance or does your pops have to hock his golf clubs to bury you? Does your life insurance still pay out to your ex wife because you never bothered to change it so she spends it all on carbon credits?

Site Staff selling "Life Insurance". What's next Chia Pet Commercials on EE ??
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:46:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By GoGop:
Originally Posted By ARsonist:

Can you call QFT when you don't quote anything?

I have life insurance, and MB was already gone when I got it so the beneficiary is done properly too. I went to the funeral home and got most of that stuff all worked out, and I keep my files organized so that it'd be simple to go through. I've got a bit more to do with the whole lawyer aspect of having Brad cared for if I go while he's still a minor, but it's all written down.

he did right.. he ment QFT Quit fucking trolling..

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:47:00 PM EST
I am disappointed that I didn't see any mention of 72 virgins in heaven just a smoking gun and a dog. I am pissed!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:56:00 PM EST
I barely have a pot to piss in. When I die what little I do have goes to my wife...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:02:13 PM EST
Sooooo.

You type to dead people?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:03:46 PM EST
My affairs are all in order. I have a living will and a DNR order as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:07:59 PM EST
VA will plant my ass somewhere and all my insurance, 401K (not really, I have a 403b) are all in the wife's name. My only worry is how much of my body will be found.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:11:51 PM EST
creamate
or cremate....

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:15:59 PM EST
Cremation for me, spread my ashes up on my grandparent's property in the mountains.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:16:20 PM EST
I plan on being a burden to everyone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:17:45 PM EST
Who cares I'll be dead.

Seriously though, the only things of value I own are my car, my guns, and my bike. I guess my parents would get them. Assuming one of the above wasn't responsible for my untimely demise.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:26:48 PM EST
creamate

Yes!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:29:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:29:18 PM EST
I'm 24 and I don't have much of anything of consequence.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:32:42 PM EST
"Now you are sitting on a cloud with a smoking Kel Tec .32 and a chihuahua."

Talk about bottoming, or Flattening out. yikes.

Sadly, I've seen situations were GI Life Insurance (SGLI) paid out to the ex, instead of the Deceased's family... who had to take care of everything and settle the estate.
All my shit is up to date, but, I'm setting up a trust ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:57:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 3:58:42 PM EST by Terminus]
I'll trade all my stuff for a decent burial. It seems like a great deal to me since I won't need it any more.

ETA I want a huge bonfire, something along the lines of Conan's wife or some viking warrior. DO NOT remove parts of me and do whatever with them, in fact I want it done within 12 hrs :)

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:59:01 PM EST
Pretty much everything goes to my partner.

If my partner is not around (Godforbid), then my niece gets everything.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:59:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
Sadly, I've seen situations were GI Life Insurance (SGLI) paid out to the ex, instead of the Deceased's family... who had to take care of everything and settle the estate.

This is always a real fuckin heartbreaker

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:01:39 PM EST
Get a living will first. Saves family the pain of deciding whether to pull the plug on you or not.

Then do all that other stuff too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:02:59 PM EST
Dispose of me in the cheapest manner. If Im in a coma put me down, otherwise when I get out of it Im going to be pissed.

Mother gets my insurance and stuff
Have fun figuring out the safe combo
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:04:16 PM EST
My goal is for the check on my coffin to bounce.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:05:16 PM EST
when i die, i want to be cremated. there will be a huge feast of food for people coming to pay their last respects, after they're done eating, i want someone to announce that my ashes were all mixed in with the food they just ate.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:07:46 PM EST
LOL... never thought I would see someone pitching life insurance on AR15.com... so if anyone is seriously considering this don't hesitate to contact me as I am in the business myself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:16:20 PM EST
I'm dead. I don't really give a shit at this point. My biological waste is the state's problem now!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:18:48 PM EST
Im sitting on a cloud?

whew.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top