Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2001 7:13:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2001 7:09:59 PM EDT by lordtrader]
Here's a cool little game to pass the time. You have 30 days to buy and sell drugs. Basically bull low in one city and sell high in another. Be carefull though, cop come after you, you can get mugged. Oh BTW you start off with a loan from a loan shark. So you have to pay that off before you can profit. [url]http://www.mcuzi.com/lordtrader/dealergame.exe[/url] <---- Right click and "save as" to your hard drive and play. Cool game to pass the time on a Monday morning at work. Oh and my highest take was about 1.5mil beat that homies.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:36:15 PM EDT
Cool game. I made $102,000 on my first try. Back when I was a doper I suggested making a game like this to my friend. I had a lot more in mind though. It's still cool though....though lame muggers can steal from your bank account!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:50:32 PM EDT
noth9ing new just dopewars [url]www.dopewars.com[/url] pay the 5 bucks to reg it its a fun game
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:57:23 PM EDT
we had dopewars when I was in 9th grade or something on the computers in the classroom the teacher would always seach for it by dopewars.exe so we started naming it popewars.exe and other things then he started searching by byte size so we "echo >>popewars.exe" to add a byte to it.thats aawesome it's been since like maybe 92 since I've seen that it was just 80x25 text on dos back then but still the same game. I'm going to send it to that teacher in email renamed to popewars.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:57:49 PM EDT
Anyone with the full version of the game care to share?
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2001 8:14:54 PM EDT by prebans]
$120,769.00 Not bad. [:D] ADDENDUM: Fourth game $1,605,183.00 Addictive... Easy and not too much to it. But, very addictive.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:25:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By erickm: we had dopewars when I was in 9th grade or something on the computers in the classroom the teacher would always seach for it by dopewars.exe so we started naming it popewars.exe and other things then he started searching by byte size so we "echo >>popewars.exe" to add a byte to it.thats aawesome it's been since like maybe 92 since I've seen that it was just 80x25 text on dos back then but still the same game. I'm going to send it to that teacher in email renamed to popewars.
View Quote
lol i know what u mean i think u mean the old basic version of Dope wars or Drug Wars is what we had diffrent versions same concept the new remade one is fun [uzi] Officer hardass
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:27:57 PM EDT
If you have adaware you better use it. I down loaded that game about a year ago and it came with all sorts of spyware. By the way the most I ever made in 30 days was like 65,000,000. If you go to the website they have a message board where people give out hints.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:10:45 PM EDT
In dopewars the trick is to buy heroin and cocaine low and sell high!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 4:27:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jomeokee: In dopewars the trick is to buy heroin and cocaine low and sell high!!
View Quote
Coke is definitely the ticket. The time I got 1.5mil, I got coke for like 900 and the freaighter got raided and it went up to 80K. Wooohooo I had like fifteen of them puppies. Extasy is a good thing to have too. Oh and if you get a chance buy an extra coat for more storage. That and if offered buy a gun to protect yourself, but I don't need to tell you guys that right? [;)]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:23:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bolt: LT did you miss your calling[?]....
View Quote
No. Saw what it does to people, I prefer to be just a virtual participant now. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:23:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2001 4:44:59 PM EDT by Jim_Dandy]
[i]There's trouble on the streets, now I can feel it in my bones,[/i] [i]I had a premonition that he should not go alone,[/i] [i]I knew the gun was loaded, but I didn't think it'd kill,[/i] [i]Then everything exploded and the blood began to spill,[/i] [i]So baby here's your ticket and a suitcase in your hand,[/i] [i]Here's a little money, now do it just the way we planned,[/i] [i]You be cool for twenty hours and I'll pay you twenty grand,[/i] [i]I'm sorry it went down like this and someone had to lose,[/i] [i]It's the nature of the business, it's the smuggler's blues,[/i] [i]The sailors and the pilots, the soldiers and the law,[/i] [i]The payoffs and the ripoffs and the things nobody saw,[/i] [i]Don't matter if it's heroin, cocaine or hash,[/i] [i]You got to carry weapons 'cause you always carry cash,[/i] [i]There's lots of shady characters and lots of dirty deals,[/i] [i]Every name's an alias in case somebody squeals,[/i] [i]It's the lure of easy money, it's got a very strong appeal,[/i] [i]Perhaps you'd understand it better standing in my shoes,[/i] [i]It's the ultimate enticement, it's the smuggler's blues,[/i] [i]They move it through Miami and sell it in L.A.,[/i] [i]They hide it up in Telluride, I mean it's here to stay,[/i] [i]It's swampin' up the governments of Columbia and Peru,[/i] [i]You ask any DEA man, he'll say there's nothin' we can do,[/i] [i]From the office of the president right down to me and you,[/i] [i]It's a losin' proposition, but one you can't refuse,[/i] [i]It's the politics of contraband, it's the smuggler's blues[/i]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:45:12 AM EDT
Some of the things I do is buy Acid at $1,000+ and sell at $3,000-$4,000. One thing to do is always deposit your money with a "Deposit all but..." which deposits all your money except $1000. You earn interest off the deposited money. When "the makkesh express arrives," buy up all the hash you can. Sometimes, have 1 unit of extasy for when the cops show up, just stay and go to jail. Sometimes, you overhear them talking about a raid the next day. Especially when the ladyt says "I hear there is going to be a coke/heroin raid," you better get a loan from the loan sharks and buy up as much as you can if you don't have enough. I have lots more tips, but can't share all of them. The most I mad in 30 days was something like $100,000,000. The guys on the website make way more. I need to find out what the hell they are doing. This game is fun especially when you want to kill time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:58:01 AM EDT
well if u register the game u can play increments of 30,60, or 90 days also uget more weapons to pick from a uzi and a bazooka :)
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:32:44 AM EDT
Wow!!! I never thought of going to jail. Matter of fact I've never done that. How long do you stay?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:02:33 PM EDT
Here is hint I got from the website along time ago. It deals with the loansharks. If FF is released on day 2, borrow 16,085 from him and pay off HH. Then borrow 70,815 from HH and pay off FF. Then borrow the maximum from FF. Always do this if FF is released on day two regardless of whether you're going to buy drugs on the same day. I would always advise buying coke if it is under 23,000 on this day, or heroin if it is under 7,500. This is because to make really good scores, you've just got to hang your balls out there and take risks early on in the game. However, if neither of these drugs are attractive in price, still borrow the maximum and put it in the bank. This will earn valuable money while you wait for the two main drugs to drop into a more beneficial range. And always buy larger trenchcoats.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:08:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:12:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: I have this for my palm and play it in meetings... heehee and its the original palm version and not as complex as you guys have it (ie no jail (busted = lose all yer dope and half funds), no special drug buying times, etc) Either way I believe my high score is in the 450 million range... all my top scores are over 300 million, but then again I sit in some seriously boring meetings... ]=) It lost it's appeal once i got into galaxian again... mmmm palm pilot galaxian!
View Quote
Who would've thunk it. Our own GB a virtual drug dealing mofo. Hey did you download that game from somewhere. Will it work for a PalmIII. I have one and have not used cause frankly I don't know enough people to merit its use. But for a game, now that's different. I think mine is a PalmIII I'd have to dig that puppy out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:44:30 PM EDT
Here is one place you can get it for your palm... [url]http://download.cnet.com/downloads/1,10150,0-10000-103-0-1-7,00.html?tag=srch&qt=dope+wars&cn=&ca=10000[/url]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:50:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:01:26 PM EDT
Thanx guys, cool.
Top Top