Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2012 11:40:14 AM EDT
They are cluttering up GD with their pitiful attempts to make us all lose hope and crawl in a hole and die?

This is making difficult to weed through them to find all the typical high quality GD entertainment.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:41:13 AM EDT
They are the high quality entertainment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:42:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:43:53 AM EDT
Way to dupe yourself, Bob
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:45:48 AM EDT
WTF is a mobie?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:49:46 AM EDT
Well if the repukikans win they'll have all the democrats and minorities and the elderly hauled off in boxcars.

Isn't that the plan?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:51:17 AM EDT
Is this a Ron Paul thread?  If so, long time no see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:52:51 AM EDT
And if 0bamo wins we will finally be able to create a perfect Utopia.
No one will pay taxes, everyone will have every need provided by our ever loving government.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:54:11 AM EDT
Dupe yourself much? Ibtl
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:01:06 PM EDT
Quoted:
Well if the repukikans win they'll have all the democrats and minorities and the elderly hauled off in boxcars.

Isn't that the plan?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:04:15 PM EDT
Quoted:
WTF is a mobie?  

http://www.zombietime.com/lgf_dictionary/#moby

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:04:36 PM EDT
Quoted:
Dupe.

The OP duped himself.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:05:19 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that the plan?

Just watch, they'll do it.  It says so right here on the Internet.

This is not sarcasm
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:09:56 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dupe.

The OP duped himself.

I know.  But since this thread is ongoing...........

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:10:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:10:59 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that the plan?

Just watch, they'll do it.  It says so right here on the Internet.

This is not sarcasm

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:13:26 PM EDT
Hey that's no fair, the other thread had more posts!  I'm smelling a modby in the ranks.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:13:42 PM EDT
they usually do.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:16:55 PM EDT
Quoted:
Hey that's no fair, the other thread had more posts!  I'm smelling a modby in the ranks.  

And the other one was started a minute and 14 seconds prior to this one......the penguin must be slipping.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:18:42 PM EDT
Quoted:
They are cluttering up GD with their pitiful attempts to make us all lose hope and crawl in a hole and die?

This is making difficult to weed through them to find all the typical high quality GD entertainment.  

You mean like this fucking worthless thread that I just wasted my time posting

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:19:18 PM EDT
What is a "moby"?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:19:57 PM EDT
Quoted:
What is a "moby"?

Answered......IN THE OTHER DUPE THREAD
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:20:22 PM EDT
Quoted:
they usually do.

Actually, many hang around and continue to post shit, year after year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:20:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:23:43 PM EDT

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:25:03 PM EDT
Quoted:

They come for the politics, maybe they'll stay for the guns.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:25:57 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

They come for the politics, maybe they'll stay for the guns.

this place has some really badass gun pron at times. Hell, stickman even posts here!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:44:16 PM EDT
Quoted:
What is a "moby"?

The most overused and unimaginative word on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:47:23 PM EDT
There are so many mobys and trolls for this election cycle that I am starting to think some of them must have been paid.

After the election, that money will dry up and that part of the problem should go away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:46:06 PM EDT
Quoted:
There are so many mobys and trolls for this election cycle that I am starting to think some of them must have been paid.

After the election, that money will dry up and that part of the problem should go away.

You guys kill me.  Do you really think the D's would waste resources planting paying trolls on a gun website whose votes they have no chance of getting anyway?  Good grief.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:47:05 PM EDT
Won't they just go back to using their regular user accounts?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:49:10 PM EDT
I think probably so.  If they were really dedicated, go-getter types, they wouldn't be democrats.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:51:09 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like this fucking worthless thread that I just wasted my time posting

This.

And by Moby, the OP means anyone that doesn't dream about sucking Romney's cock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:53:30 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys kill me.  Do you really think the D's would waste resources planting paying trolls on a gun website whose votes they have no chance of getting anyway?  Good grief.

You think it's about votes?  It aint about votes.  Shit man, it's about setting the tone of the opposition.  And it's about nudging, not shoving.  

Mr. Crib Notes On The Hanky tried to shove.  He fucked up.  They're not all that bad at it though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:55:00 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a "moby"?

The most overused and unimaginative word on Arfcom.

There's a moby under every bed in every thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:57:50 PM EDT
They're asking the same question at the conservative blog where I comment.  Seem to be even more lefty trolls than there were last election year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:58:52 PM EDT
The funny thing is that there are lots of posts with Arfcommers bragging about trolling DU.  

It is just part of the whole internet thing.  Serious business!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:00:49 PM EDT
Quoted:
The funny thing is that there are lots of posts with Arfcommers bragging about trolling DU.  
It is just part of the whole internet thing.  Serious business!  

It's never been this bad on this end, and they're buying memberships to do it a lot more often too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:04:25 PM EDT
Paying us to laugh at them?  The horror!!!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:05:06 PM EDT
Quoted:
They're asking the same question at the conservative blog where I comment.  Seem to be even more lefty trolls than there were last election year.

It is an election year and tensions are high.  I don't see hardly anyone here stumping for Obama or left wing policies.  What I do see is a lot of conservatives and libertarian types who disagree on certain issues.  The conservative movement is pretty diverse and far from in lock step with each other.  So what exactly is a Moby?  Someone who just disagrees with you on a certain issue?  Because that is what this sounds like for the most part...here at least.  I am sure there are some liberals here but the idea that we have been infiltrated by a bunch of DU operatives is pretty laughable and blown way out of proportion.  It has simply become the label used by those who can't stand criticism.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:07:13 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is an election year and tensions are high.  I don't see hardly anyone here stumping for Obama or left wing policies.  What I do see is a lot of conservatives and libertarian types who disagree on certain issues.  The conservative movement is pretty diverse and far from in lock step with each other.  So what exactly is a Moby?  Someone who just disagrees with you on a certain issue?  Because that is what this sounds like for the most part...here at least.

From urban dictionary:

An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question.

The term is derived from the name of the liberal musician Moby, who famously suggested in February of 2004 that left-wing activists engage in this type of subterfuge: “For example, you can go on all the pro-life chat rooms and say you’re an outraged right-wing voter and that you know that George Bush drove an ex-girlfriend to an abortion clinic and paid for her to get an abortion. Then you go to an anti-immigration Web site chat room and ask, ‘What’s all this about George Bush proposing amnesty for illegal aliens?’”
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:08:23 PM EDT
There is plenty of legitimate debate, but there are some obvious shills as well.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:58:38 PM EDT
Quoted:

The trolls themselves are not entertaining, but to GD's credit the responses are.  

I have been laughing my ass off.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:13:26 PM EDT
Sorry about the double hit on posts.  You would think I would know what I was doing after 10 years.  :-)

The posters I think of as being a moby are the ones who post the Romney has no chance to win, Obama will win inevitably, blah, blah, blah.

I was still seeing it today despite the complete butt whooping Mitt put on zero in the debate.  It seems designed to simply try to suck the energy out of people who may have gotten excited (rightly so) about what Romney said and how he handled himself.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:06:49 PM EDT
Love 'em or hate 'em, RP/GJ supporters are NOT Mobys They are actually here because they like guns and have a lot of things in common with the "standard" conservative––regardless of all the infighting you see here.

You want to see a REAL Moby?––do a search for "Sabahalkhair." That fucker showed up right around this time 4 years ago and dropped turds in EVERY thread about Obama, then split for no reason right around the election.

I HATED that guy...BAD.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:57:34 PM EDT
Quoted:
Love 'em or hate 'em, RP/GJ supporters are NOT Mobys They are actually here because they like guns and have a lot of things in common with the "standard" conservative––regardless of all the infighting you see here.

You want to see a REAL Moby?––do a search for "Sabahalkhair." That fucker showed up right around this time 4 years ago and dropped turds in EVERY thread about Obama, then split for no reason right around the election.

I HATED that guy...BAD.

Except when RP/GJ supporters.... aren't. A fair number of them aren't libertarians at all, but are doing the whole moby thing. You don't honestly think DLoken and assjizm just went away after being banned, do you? I guarantee you that they are back, and they're posing as Johnson supporters.

In any event, people supporting/voting for Johnson are, effectively, working toward the same goal as 0bama supporters in this Presidential election.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:03:54 PM EDT
I don't get why they think they have to hide what they are. This isn't DU-we don't ban and then erase all trace of dissenting posters. We mock idiots unmerciflully, sure, but you don't get a ban for a post saying "Huh, I dunno, guys. My asshole isn't sore enough, and I can still afford fuel and housing. I think another 4 years of Obama is just what we need!" You just get 25 pages of people laughing at you because you've posted something idiotic.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:04:03 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

paying,  I dunno.  But if you think that using forums and social media in a "mobyish" fashion is not happening you are very much mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:07:08 PM EDT
Did they go away after 2008?

Did they go away after 2004?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:08:20 PM EDT
free post count bump thread?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:08:25 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is an election year and tensions are high.  I don't see hardly anyone here stumping for Obama or left wing policies.  What I do see is a lot of conservatives and libertarian types who disagree on certain issues.  The conservative movement is pretty diverse and far from in lock step with each other.  So what exactly is a Moby?  Someone who just disagrees with you on a certain issue?  Because that is what this sounds like for the most part...here at least.  I am sure there are some liberals here but the idea that we have been infiltrated by a bunch of DU operatives is pretty laughable and blown way out of proportion.  It has simply become the label used by those who can't stand criticism.

Just like a seminar caller....

"I own guns, BUT...."

"I'm a republican,  BUT..."

"I love your show,  BUT..."

everything before the 'but' is a lie....  they try to come of as "one of us" and then insert their "more reasonable" opinion in an attempt to sway the herd....yes...herd.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top