Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 8:20:37 PM EDT
Used to be we would vote Republican because even though we knew they were selling us out and ignoring the constitution, at least we knew they were doing it slower than the Democrats would.

Well, now they've proven they'll do it just as fast (or faster).  Only difference is, they'll claim to be in favor of smaller government, less taxes, and less government spending while they do it.

So why not vote third party?  What difference does it even make if Democrats win the elections over Republicans?  The only damn difference is in their rhetoric (and even that is changing).

Yeah, I know: "If you vote third party, you're just throwing your vote away."  Well, maybe I am, but it sure beats voting for your own destruction.

Faint hope beats eternally in my heart, but in my mind I know this country is in serious trouble if either the Republicans or the Democrats control the government in 2008.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The two main parties have a solid lock on the system.

Until we change that, you are throwing away your vote.

Now certainly if enough of us "threw away our votes", it'll make a difference - and probably not for the better.

We'd end up with another Ross Perot situation, and that will let a liberal DumoRat into office to screw things up even worse than our Republicans.

Want another 1994 Assault Weapon Ban?  It'll be much worse t his time around.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I will never vote third party again. It truly is a boost for the Dummycrats.

And for that I appologize for Clintoons re election. I wrote in Keyes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Because they want to set up a Christian theocracy.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Because they want to set up a Christian theocracy.

I ignore their christian promoting (though I am a christian) and focus on their constitution platform.

That alone places them way ahead of everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Constitution party has some good ideas, but I think they would do more harm than good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
A vote for ANYTHING other than Democrat and Republican is the only option.

All of you who say you're throwing away your vote, I have this to say to you:

You're not voting your conscious and you're a hypocrit supporting either side of the same tyrannical coin.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had it all to do over again I would've voted constitution party for Pres. in '04.  Bush is a friggen liberal
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see what could possibly go wrong with putting Christian theocrats in office.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, I know: "If you vote third party, you're just throwing your vote away."  Well, maybe I am, but it sure beats voting for your own destruction.

Same thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not voting either D or R for President anymore.  I'll flip a coin for the Libertarians or the Constitution  parties.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not voting either D or R for President anymore.  I'll flip a coin for the Libertarians or the Constitution  parties.

I don't understand why you guys don't just vote for yourselves.  Why not?  You would be voting for a candidate that expresses your own views (obviously) and you would have just as much impact on the election.  Just write in your name, simple.

If I had voted for myself in 2004, Peroutka would have beaten me by only 144,497 votes!!  Now THATS a serious candidate!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't understand why you guys don't just vote for yourselves.  Why not?  You would be voting for a candidate that expresses your own views (obviously) and you would have just as much impact on the election.  Just write in your name, simple.

If I had voted for myself in 2004, Peroutka would have beaten me by only 144,497 votes!!  Now THATS a serious candidate!

My view is that government should be limited to the powers explicitly given to it by the Constitution.  Name me a Democrat or Republican who believes that and I'll vote for him/her.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I use to wrestle with my conscious till I realized voting third party is really throwing away my vote.  It's a two party system no matter how much you argue.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I use to wrestle with my conscious till I realized voting third party is really throwing away my vote.  It's a two party system no matter how much you argue.

+1 I am convinved the Dems are gonna take int in the next election because of the third part votes.

Yeah they all suck but as long as the Republicans dont mind us owning firearms , I will vote for them. The Dems will right out openly call for our disarmament.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's a two party system no matter how much you argue.

And it will stay that way as long as people continue with this defeatist attitude.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Why not vote for a fringe party?

Uhh, let's see...maybe I want my vote to have a real impact.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My view is that government should be limited to the powers explicitly given to it by the Constitution.  Name me a Democrat or Republican who believes that and I'll vote for him/her.

My point exactly.  If you feel that way, why don't you vote for yourself?  The effect will be exactly the same.

1Andy2 '08!

You got my vote buddy!  Can I be the AG?  I will start making plans to move to DC on Monday.  We are going to win this time.....I can feel it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#20]
You signify that you don't think the constitution should be followed when you consistenly vote for candidates who habitually violate it.

Don't believe in the constitution?  Vote Republican.  vote Democrat.  Doesn't matter really which one because the end result is the same.

Think your guns are safer under the Republicans?  How did the 86 MG ban pass both houses of congress and then fail to be vetoed by Reagan?  How about the 89 import ban?  How did the 94 AWB pass the House of Representatives?  The Republicans have held congress for more than a decade folks. Why haven't they repealed any unconstitutional gun legislature yet?

Because they're not as pro-gun as you think.  Many of them are even anti-gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder how many people who say we should all vote for a 3rd party candidate also say we should all be in the NRA because they're the only ones with enough size to make a difference?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You signify that you don't think the constitution should be followed when you consistenly vote for candidates who habitually violate it.

You have my vote!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Straight from the horses mouth.  Constitutionalists are on the FRINGE of politics.

This country is doomed. I give up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Well let's see.... Clinton threatened to take guns away. Guns were taken away during Bush II the Sequel - with nary a word from him or the Whitehouse crew.

I'm afraid I don't see much difference. I seriously doubt I'll ever vote for Rep again, and I've never voted for Dems, so I guess it will have to be another party.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I take fringe to mean this: "something that is marginal, additional, or secondary to some activity, process, or subject"

I don't mean to denegrate your position - I probably agree with it.  The Republican party is as close to what I believe in that has a chance to put people in office as I can find.  In today's political environment, a third party just isn't viable.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm so tired of politicians., I should run for prez. I need to get a following first, or should I get the compound surrounded in razorwire first?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I wonder how many people who say we should all vote for a 3rd party candidate also say we should all be in the NRA because they're the only ones with enough size to make a difference?

I am willing to bet most of them are the ones who wont join an RKBA org no matter what but expect the orgs to do all their bidding.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Straight from the horses mouth.  Constitutionalists are on the FRINGE of politics.

This country is doomed. I give up.

Andy, it is very unpatriotic for you to question the system. Stop now. Drink the kool-aid and vote for the Republicrats.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#29]
dbl
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#30]
So why not vote Constitution Party?

Because they are a LOT like the ACLU in that they aren't what they represent themselves as.

There is a strong contingent in the CP that would love nothing more than to make this country an official Christian Theocracy with the 10 Commandments being the law of the land. They do NOT hold the Consitution above all other considerations any more than the ACLU actually gives a damn about ALL civil liberties.

Think I stick with the Libertarians whose only radical fringe covert agenda is to legalize weed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Because they are a LOT like the ACLU in that they aren't what they represent themselves as.

There is a strong contingent in the CP that would love nothing more than to make this country an official Christian Theocracy with the 10 Commandments being the law of the land. They do NOT hold the Consitution above all other considerations any more than the ACLU actually gives a damn about ALL civil liberties.

Think I stick with the Libertarians whose only radical fringe covert agenda is to legalize weed.

And that would harm us in what way?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I take fringe to mean this: "something that is marginal, additional, or secondary to some activity, process, or subject"

I don't mean to denegrate your position - I probably agree with it.  The Republican party is as close to what I believe in that has a chance to put people in office as I can find.  In today's political environment, a third party just isn't viable.  Sorry.

Thats logical and I concur.

I look at it this way. No party represents me 100%. I have to look for the one who at least has a chance to win and represent most of my views, I am not living in a fantasy world and dont expect any party to EVER  fully represent me when push comes to shove.

For me to vote for a party that has NO CHANCE at winning even though they represent a larger portion of my ideals, is throwing away the chance to get  any of my ideals represented by the part that has a realistic shot. That party for me is the Republican party.

We can whine all we want about a 2 party system, but thats what we have and it will probably never change no matter how much we want it to. Are we to spend the next 4 decades getting a thorough beating from the Dems while we get the numbers we need to get our repsective third parties relevant? I hate to break it to you, there is now way in hell we will be able to survive 8 terms of the Dummycrats. The Dems are getting more and more draconian and blatantly anti American with every passing election. I really do not think this nation can survive 8 terms of Democrat leadership before the third parties ever get enough strength, they will never be able to undo what the Dems will do ot us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a two party system no matter how much you argue.

And it will stay that way as long as people continue with this defeatist attitude.

I agree with that. I can no longer support the Republican party and I sure as hell wont vote for the Dems. What are my choices the Libs want to legalize drugs and hugg the polesmokers. I cant live with that either. Constitution? dont really know much about them but I think I will look into it. I intend to vote I always have, but no longer can I vote Republicrat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us actually enjoy our religious freedom, and don't want to live under ANY theocracy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok guys, lets look at this then

How long will it take if we all start to vote for our respective parties to become viable contenders in an election? Can we survive what the Dems inflict upon the Nation while we do that( yeah I know some of you hate the Repubs, but its looking liek they are killing us slower)

Can we actually do it? How long would it realistically take? Will the Dems control the Govt while we attempt to build our parties up?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How long will it take if we all start to vote for our respective parties to become viable contenders in an election? Can we survive what the Dems inflict upon the Nation while we do that( yeah I know some of you hate the Repubs, but its looking liek they are killing us slower)

Can we actually do it? How long would it realistically take? Will the Dems control the Govt while we attempt to build our parties up?

Honestly, I think it would push us towards a 2nd revolution, which is probably the only real chance we have at getting back on track.

ETA: Hey WildBoar, how have you been?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh because the country was NEVER suppossed to be a religious theocracy.

Because only 2 (sometimes 3) of the commandments are currently LAWS.

Because everytime you have a religious state (theocracy) you get things like Talibans, Inquisitions and fun stuff like that which result in dark ages, religious driven terrorism and the arrested development of math, science, logic, common sense and reason.

Those are just a few of my objections to your really stupid idea that has the same track record of catastrophic failure as communism but no shortage of complete retards willing to give it one more try.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]

"Why Libertarians Support Equal Rights for America's Gun Owners"

www.lp.org/issues/gun-rights.shtml
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Take a look at Minnesota.  They elected Jesse Ventura, a third party candidate.  People were sick and tired of the other two crappy choices, and he won because he was different.

You have to get the non-died in the wool voters on your side.  Republicans will always vote republican.  Democrats will always vote Democrat.   You have to get the swing vote and the new vote.  Unfortunately a lot of ideas that would turn this country around aren't flashy or sexy, so it's tough to build a platform that will convert people to that camp.  

Only real hope is to get someone like Perot in there, have him not quit 2/3rds of the way through and then say "just kidding", and get a third party in there.  Once you convert the system into a three party system, it will be easier to get a moderate politician in the white house.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If I had it all to do over again I would've voted constitution party for Pres. in '04.  Bush is a friggen liberal

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top